NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
That is exactly how it works. When you hold the best, most explosive offensive player in the game the way Barkov did, its more than a draw.
Except it isn't. It is literally, by every definition, a draw. It's 1-1.

If I fought Tom Aspinall tomorrow and went 10-9 10-9 8-10 I didn't own him, even if I did better than expected. It's a draw.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why is Zibanejad such a whipping boy on this board? I don't really get it.

I've read he's a PP merchant, but he still produces very good numbers overall. Even if his ES production isn't that great, he's not a defensive liability at Even Strength and he produces on the PP. Maybe he's not Top 20, but he can't be that far off.
He's probably in the right spot. He's a good player but he's probably not a guy you win a Cup with as your 1C. And to be fair, there aren't anywhere near 20 of those in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salsa Shark

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Oh don't worry, there is one guy already on this thread that think that Nico Hischier is better then Bedard lol.

Bedard is gonna be great but if I need to win a playoff series right now I'm taking Hischier easily.

All 18 centers suck defensively lol

Thomas is already very good defensively with plenty of room to grow. Nice to see him getting some leaguewide recognition.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
You’re right. It had nothing to do with him being second in the league for blocked shots for forwards.

Nothing to do with him being 2nd in the league for takeaways.

6th for +/-.

I can keep going if needed
Hunter used to use a formula for his players in London that measured the hits to blocks ratio defensively. Too many hits meant you were too aggressive, too many blocks meant you were too passive.

I didn't play for him, I played against him, but it really shaped my perception that lots of blocks means the player is too passive defensively.

(Funny enough, EP40 hits the golden ration pretty closely).

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.
yeah, you'll get all these stupid laughing emoji's from Oiler fans (mostly), but if I had to choose who I would take for my team, it is Matthews easily.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He didn't. McDavid outplayed him, but his team outperformed McDavid's team.

But I guess people will spin that as Barkov's captaining or something.
Barkov was the best player on the ice until Leon elbowed him in the face. Then McDavid piled up the pts in some blowout games after going down 0-3 in the Stanley Cup Finals, ending his season with 0 pts in game 6 and 7.

Barkov earned that cup over McDavid and Drai. That’s why his name is on it.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
That is exactly how it works. When you hold the best, most explosive offensive player in the game the way Barkov did, its more than a draw.

I see another way is works is Panthers fans hide behind their stars' injuries in '23 and in '24 they chest thump and ignore their opponents'....

;)

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Oh don't worry, there is one guy already on this thread that think that Nico Hischier is better then Bedard lol.
Huh, seems like people here think your take is bad, always hilarious when someone thinks they are smart and funny when they are in the minority. Hischier is a beter CENTER then Bedard and that is quite clear.

--
Hischier is better then Suzuki, its's not complicated. the only people who think differently are some Hab's fans.

Hischier vs Suzuki poll 2022

Do we really need to make another one where the answer will be the same? You'd probably do the usual song and dance of "everyone hates the Hab's its not fair!" afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad