NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
1) McDavid
------------
2) Draisaitl
3) MacKinnon
4) Matthews
-------------
5) Barkov
6) Crosby
7) Eichel
8) Point
---------
9) Miller
10) E. Pettersson
11) J. Hughes
12) Zibanejad
----------
13) Aho
14) Suzuki
15) Bedard
16) Larkin
17) Stutzle
18) Scheifele
19) Thomas
20) Hintz

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Matthews over Barkov and Draisaitl is too funny
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
yeah no it didn’t. That’s just one basic stat. It is still meaningful in some sense. But at least I used stats, not “ the media did it” or “you have no argument”.

People don’t even try anymore.

"It's still meaningful in some sense!"

Capitals.png

Elite defensive players, those three.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
"It's still meaningful in some sense!"

View attachment 902531

Elite defensive players, those three.
Yeah, obviously there are situations where it’s outlandish. But coupled together with other metrics it adds to the story.

You cling on to that though. Not the other stats that clearly show his elite level of defence. Plug your ears and start running away now. I think we can all see how this is going to go for you.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yeah, obviously there are situations where it’s outlandish. But coupled together with other metrics it adds to the story.

You cling on to that though. Not the other stats that clearly show his elite level of defence. Plug your ears and start running away now. I think we can all see how this is going to go for you.

"There are situations where it's outlandish."

Yes. Those are the situations where the team is elite offensively and rely heavily on their top line, which the Leafs are. It doesn't make them good at defense.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
"There are situations where it's outlandish."

Yes. Those are the situations where the team is elite offensively and rely heavily on their top line, which the Leafs are. It doesn't make them good at defense.
Nah but the other stuff does.

Anyways, I’m good on arguing with someone that uses 0 statistical/visual evidence. I’ll get you a link to the wrestling forum, seems you got lost.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.
Yeah it’s easy to put Matthews ahead when you just make stuff up, you’re right

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What part of that was made up? Outscored him by almost 30 goals, destroyed him defensively, these are all easily verified.
Matthews had better RS goal scoring and that’s literally where it ends, Leafs media Selke voting doesn’t mean much for people with eyes

Draisaitl is better offensively and defensively in the playoffs and the gulf is absolute massive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad