NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Huh, seems like people here think your take is bad, always hilarious when someone thinks they are smart and funny when they are in the minority. Hischier is a beter CENTER then Bedard and that is quite clear.

--
Hischier is better then Suzuki, its's not complicated. the only people who think differently are some Hab's fans.

Hischier vs Suzuki poll 2022

Do we really need to make another one where the answer will be the same? You'd probably do the usual song and dance of "everyone hates the Hab's its not fair!" afterwards.
Who said my take was bad outside of youor NJ fans? Bedard is the better player, that's not even close. He's produing at a higher clip even with 4th liner attached to him. Grow up, Hischier is not on Bedard level and never will.

Your 2022 pool doesn't change anything, Suzuki is better at both end of the ice. Hischier does not even belong in the top20 center IMO, Barzal, Trocheck, Scheifele and even Kopitar should be ahead of him. Only reason he's there is the ranking position he was drafted. He's a Ryan O'reilly type of player, great player but doesn't belong in the top20 center.

the NHL Network. :shakehead
Better than a poster call Xirik on HfBoards :laugh:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Who said my take was bad outside of youor NJ fans? Bedard is the better player, that's not even close. He's produing at a higher clip even with 4th liner attached to him. Grow up, Hischier is not on Bedard level and never will.

Your 2022 pool doesn't change anything, Suzuki is better at both end of the ice. Hischier does not even belong in the top20 center IMO, Barzal, Trocheck, Scheifele and even Kopitar should be ahead of him. Only reason he's there is the ranking position he was drafted. He's a Ryan O'reilly type of player, great player but doesn't belong in the top20 center.

Better than a poster call Xirik on HfBoards :laugh:
@GordonGraham @Regal @FriendlyGhost92 @Reality Czech @Thallis

And

@KirkAlbuquerque :rangers:D

Welcome to the Devils fandom I guess

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
wow you really had to go there? only 2 of these guys said that and you go on and add any poster on this thread? lol

Also one of these 2 said Bedard need to win 1 playoff rounf before he's ahead of Hischier.... Hischier has 1 playoff serie win in 7 years, pretty sure Bedard will have more in the next 6 years. Anyway, I've seen Bedard play last year and Hischier is not on the same level at all..... He's one of the most dominant player with the puck on his stick, Hischier not so much.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
How is Bedard not on it? The greatest player since Gretzky and he's not even on the list. He's already top 5 IMO.

Suzuki over him, are you kidding me? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Xirik

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
How is Bedard not on it? The greatest player since Gretzky and he's not even on the list. He's already top 5 IMO.

Suzuki over him, are you kidding me? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Suzuki over him? Can't you read at your age???I'm disappointed they are letting kids under 10yo comment on this site....

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
wow you really had to go there? only 2 of these guys said that and you go on and add any poster on this thread? lol

Also one of these 2 said Bedard need to win 1 playoff rounf before he's ahead of Hischier.... Hischier has 1 playoff serie win in 7 years, pretty sure Bedard will have more in the next 6 years. Anyway, I've seen Bedard play last year and Hischier is not on the same level at all..... He's one of the most dominant player with the puck on his stick, Hischier not so much.
reread, they never said that.

This list is about best Centers right now not in six years or the season after this one. there is a good chance he will be at those times. Sounds like you actually agree with me though that he is ranked to high right now.

Reactions: njdevils1982

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
reread, they never said that.

This list is about best Centers right now not in six years or the season after this one. there is a good chance he will be at those times. Sounds like you actually agree with me though that he is ranked to high right now.
He said until Bedard win a playoff series he's not ahead of Hischier and I disagree, Bedard today is ahead of Hischier in my book. He control the game way more at both ES and on the PP.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Pretty solid list, always interesting to see how much the change YOY. Once thing I can't wrap my head around is how anyone who watches the Canucks could possibly have EP ahead of JT Miller. Miller is a significantly better and more consistent player than EP, not even really that close.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Matthews is a significantly better player than Draisaitl. Goal scoring and defensively isn’t even close. He’s also better physically.

Matthews has 80 more even strength goals than Drai, in 160 less games.

I get that it’s fun to trash the Leafs. But people really need to stop putting Draisaitl in the same conversation. One trick ponies on the PP aren’t better than record setting goal scorers that are Selke nominees.
Just like that, Matthew’s becomes overrated again.

Now do points and the playoffs.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Crosby and Point I think should be a bit lower on the list.

JT Miller over Elias Petterson

Zib off the list.

Eichel higher for sure. - seriously under rated.

The top 5 looks perfect.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Pretty solid list, always interesting to see how much the change YOY. Once thing I can't wrap my head around is how anyone who watches the Canucks could possibly have EP ahead of JT Miller. Miller is a significantly better and more consistent player than EP, not even really that close.
That and also Aho is too low imo, he's ahead of Hughes and Eichel imo.

This would be my list:

1-McDavid
2-McKinnon
3-Draisaitl
4-Matthews
5-Barkov
6-Point
7-Crosby
8-Aho
9-Eichel
10-JT Miller
11-Hughes
12-Petersson
13-Larkin
14-Bedard
15-Hintz
16-Thomas
17-Suzuki
18-Stutzle
19-Scheifele
20-Barzal

Just outside: Kopitar-Zibanejab-Trocheck-Hischier-Horvat-Kadri

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
1) McDavid
------------
2) Draisaitl
3) MacKinnon
4) Matthews
-------------
5) Barkov
6) Crosby
7) Eichel
8) Point
---------
9) Miller
10) E. Pettersson
11) J. Hughes
12) Zibanejad
----------
13) Aho
14) Suzuki
15) Bedard
16) Larkin
17) Stutzle
18) Scheifele
19) Thomas
20) Hintz
Congrats, you made a worse list.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Bedard will be one of the most dominant players with the puck on his stick.

In his one NHL season he skated around with the puck on his stick like he was still playing with kids his age rather than grown men, which is why he got his jaw broken. He'll get past it, but he's several spots high right now based on hype and expectation.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
You’re right. It had nothing to do with him being second in the league for blocked shots for forwards.

Nothing to do with him being 2nd in the league for takeaways.

6th for +/-.

I can keep going if needed

Matthews being second in the league for blocked shots also implies he spends a lot of time in his own end. It's great that he wants to block shots and all, but I'd rather my #1 center wasn't out there blocking shots risking an injury.

As for ranking Drai and Matthews, it's a tossup in my opinion, both are very talented, but if I had to pick, I'm going with Drai as he has that extra gear come playoff time that we haven't seen from Matthews yet.

Either way, if your team has Drai or Matthews, regardless of some pointless rankings, you're lucky to have a talented center!

Reactions: McClelland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad