NHL.com ranks top 20 centers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
For people caring about context

Suzuki
GP G A Pts
82 33 44 77

Hischier
GP G A Pts
71 27 40 67

Hischier has a career high of 80 pts

Suzuki has a career high of 77 pts
Wonder what Suzuki's number will look like if Hutson has the same effect as Hughes has had for Hischer?

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
A whistled face off, is a face off as the result of a whistle lol.
So 36% is a made up my number, got it.
A quick check there were only 28 players to average 20 minutes or more ice time per game. Not enough first line players for each team to have one.

you really don't know why that is?

don't know why you ignored my post where I quoted you.
Refresh me on that one

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
And he scored 21 of his 33 goals from January 13th on. Caufeild was 17 of his 28 while Slafkovsky was 16 of his 20.Shooting percentage is fine but it only gives a small part of the picture. At their ages the trend is the more important aspect to watch.
3 month long sample size on 25 year olds lmao.

Shooting % gives literally the entire picture, considering Suzuki shot 23% after january 13th,

Maybe if they were 21.

One of these are Nick Suzuki's individual chance numbers before the date in question. The other are his individual chance numbers after said date. Virtually identical
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 6.05.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 6.05.53 PM.png

the categories are shots, fenwick, corsi, and individual expected goals.

Or did Nick Suzuki magically revolutionize his shooting on january 13th so that all of a sudden he started shooting at double the %

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020

Shooting % gives literally the entire picture, considering Suzuki shot 23% after january 13th,

Maybe if they were 21.

One of these are Nick Suzuki's individual chance numbers before the date in question. The other are his individual chance numbers after said date. Virtually identical
View attachment 904136
View attachment 904137

Or did Nick Suzuki magically revolutionize his shooting on january 13th so that all of a sudden he started shooting at double the %
Just looked up Vincent Lecalvier's and Joe Thortons' numbers and had to snicker. With Suzuki all we have seen is an upward trend. I suspect this year is going to a tough year for you on this.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Just looked up Vincent Lecalvier's and Joe Thortons' numbers and had to snicker. With Suzuki all we have seen is an upward trend. I suspect this year is going to a tough year for you on this.
It's a weird claim about development when Suzuki and Hischier were drafted the same year.

Thorton was top 4 in Hart voting at age 23.
Vinny was 17th in the NHL in points at age 22.

Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
It's a weird claim about development when Suzuki and Hischier were drafted the same year.

Thorton was top 4 in Hart voting at age 23.
Vinny was 17th in the NHL in points at age 22.
I don't think he realizes that Hischier missed games last year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don't think he realizes that Hischier missed games last year.
I don't think he realizes that Hischier and Suzuki were drafted in the same year.

McDavid is on the downswing, dropped off by 30 points and 20 goals. All about how players are trending tbh.

Brock Boeser meanwhile is a on a rocket upward trajectory from that same draft

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The bar for McDavid is so high that him not playing like himself is him not breaking the all time finals scoring record lmao
The bar is extremely high for Mcdavid. It’s not about stopping him, it’s about containing him. Barkov did that for 5/7 games and the only games Mcdavid was great was the 2 after Barkov’s injury. Not really a shocking coincidence.

And? What’s your point?
That Barkov was the only Center to make Mcdavid neutralized in 5/7 games. Barkov is the best defensive center in the world. If he didn’t get injured that series was probably over in 5 but Dirty Leon did his best.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Maybe if they were 21.

View attachment 904136
View attachment 904137

It's funny how defense doesn't seem to matter...I think Suzuki took the year off defensively, there's a lot of lazy highlights you can find in his video last year. But this is the new era where Matthews gets Selke votes but doesn't take d-zone or PK draws.

I'd have him down the list in that regards. Pettersson too. Even watching Crosby play, he cheats more for offense than he ever did, I think his wingers do most of the back checking for him. But if you want good PP guys there's a few guys that made the list just on that aspect.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's funny how defense doesn't seem to matter...I think Suzuki took the year off defensively, there's a lot of lazy highlights you can find in his video last year. But this is the new era where Matthews gets Selke votes but doesn't take d-zone or PK draws.

I'd have him down the list in that regards. Pettersson too. Even watching Crosby play, he cheats more for offense than he ever did, I think his wingers do most of the back checking for him. But if you want good PP guys there's a few guys that made the list just on that aspect.

Interestingly, Suzuki’s advanced defensive metrics were elite last year and far better than any of his past years.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The bar is extremely high for Mcdavid. It’s not about stopping him, it’s about containing him. Barkov did that for 5/7 games and the only games Mcdavid was great was the 2 after Barkov’s injury. Not really a shocking coincidence.

That Barkov was the only Center to make Mcdavid neutralized in 5/7 games. Barkov is the best defensive center in the world. If he didn’t get injured that series was probably over in 5 but Dirty Leon did his best.

In the preview thread of the series, that was kept being brought up. All Panthers fans know 97 is the best, and we wouldn’t stop him, but if we could contain him, then we’d have a great shot to win the series. That was laughed at and ridiculed, as 97 was touted as uncontainable.

Now after the series, Barkov doing just that is nothing more than a draw. 97 is in a tier of his own, the did shit against Barkov, especially when it mattered most, and scored most of his points in when the Oilers locked up the games already. All that culminated in Barkov lifting the Cup, which is more than a draw in my eyes.

Reactions: Skeletorrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad