NHL: Around the League 53

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
If Laine doesn’t produce I suspect he will be back in EU playing. Dude is a head case or unmotivated.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Laine doesn’t produce I suspect he will be back in EU playing. Dude is a head case or unmotivated.
I had such high hopes for Laine when he he first entered the league and he has offensive talent. I am hoping he can does reach his potential in Montreal but I don't think that leash will be a long one if he doesn't. I'm sure he is well aware of that.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

I’m getting real sick of Grier helping other GMs out for nothing.
6bg5npp04mjd1.jpeg

Only a 3rd?

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
San Jose f***ing buckled

Could've extorted a 1st out of Stanley if everyone held strong
kobe-bryant-lakers.gif
Actually makes sense Grier worked for the team from 2014-18 so he had first hand experiencing several Stanley masterstrokes (emphasis on stroke)

The Leddy-Pokka trade

2 really bad Saad Trades

The Panarin Trade

Wasting Two 2nds for an old dman who didnt play all year (Yes I know Timmonen was actually great years ago but it was dumb to trade all that for him when other options like Petry were available for less)

Turning Patrick Sharp into Rob Scuderi and 10 games of Jiri Sekac

The Bickell Diasterclass

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not matching was right move with regard to Broberg. Too much risk there especially for a team in Oilers position

And once they traded for Podkolzin it was clear Holloway wouldn't be matched. I really do think there is still potential for Podkolzin and that change of scenery is best for him at this moment in his career

As for latest deal.

If it was sweetener for Oilers to not match you can't really attack Bowman for taking it especially if he already had no plan to match

Gain another prospect and pick out of situation for bank

IMO Bowman handled this situation well

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Broberg I get walking away from Holloway though there's 40 point upside for pennies.

Acquiring Podkolzin IMO made it clear they were walking from Holloway

And IMO Podkolzin still has plenty of potential, if he hits it is question but Nucks didn't exactly handle his development well rushing him right to NHL

But IMO even then his overall game looked good. Just his offense that he flashed at times as rookie hasn't developed and last few years up and down between NHL/AHL hasn't helped

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
They probably dont care. Get him off the books, away from the team, and pay him 6mil instead of 8mil down the road.
If that's really their approach it's a horrible look for future FAs etc. An injury is very different from a Mike Richards situation where the team can get away with being cynical about contracts more

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just the Flyers doing Flyers things.

Would also point out Flyers decided to do this just two days after his wedding

Because of the vagueness of Flyers statement of course it has lead to speculation it has to do with him dancing/etc at his wedding

If true, it would be nonsense because you can have injury and be schedule for surgery and still dance/etc

But this made me chuckle

At end of day this is yet another issue between Flyers and an Overhardt client (Cutter Gauthier is his client as well)

It also makes speculation that Flyers passed on drafting Buium because of connection to Overhardt (Overhardt is his brother's agent and will represent him as well)

Sounds too stupid and absurd to be true but then again it is the Flyers we are talking about here

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad