NHL: Around the League 53

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Man the Jackets are in purgatory, if not sports hell. Zero direction, continual incompetence from one front office to the next, ownership that doesn’t care. They’re even worse than the White Sox because they’ve been this way almost their entire tenure and IIRC have won ONE playoff round.

What a hopeless mess.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In basically a quarter century of existence, the Jackets have essentially had the following to celebrate: two playoff series wins (counting a Covid play-in, those count, our win over the Oilers was the last gasp of entertainment from the old core), two major trades, one first overall pick, and one major free agency signing. That's it, and they still draw decently well.

I honestly think that Columbus is a proven good market at this point to still be reasonably showing up despite having an accolade list that could fit on a small post-it note. If their fans are ever given prolonged competence, much less excellence, they're going to explode.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I went ahead and moved the conversation about Gaudreau's untimely passing to the dedicated thread, as I feel like it would be really hard and distasteful to the severity of the tragedy to be potentially interspersed with inevitable offseason and free agency discussion.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9265.jpeg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am sure some NHL owners will refuse such deals, but others may be gleeful to use it going forward

Seems an odd thing to allow from NHL POV as it is in all spirits cap circumvention

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
I am sure some NHL owners will refuse such deals, but others may be gleeful to use it going forward

Seems an odd thing to allow from NHL POV as it is in all spirits cap circumvention
The cap hit isn’t deferred, just payment.

I think Jarvis' deal might be voided.
Is there anything in the CBA about deferred payments? This might be the first contract like this.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The cap hit isn’t deferred, just payment. Probably makes him unmovable from the Canes perspective.

Is there anything in the CBA about deferred payments? This might be the first contract like this.
Not to my knowledge that's why I think it might be voided. You can't sign a contract longer than eight years per the cba deferred payment is definitely more than an eight year contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad