NHL: Around the League 53

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I would walk away from Broberg

A few good playoff games doesn't make him worth $9M+ ($4.5M+ AAV) over next two years
Agree, match Holloway offer and take the 2nd for Broberg. I don't love the Oil's D with Broberg and like it less w/o him, but 4.5 per for Broberg is terrible value and you can add a D at the trade deadline and not be locked into Broberg (especially if the playoffs was more small sample size mirage) when you are trying to sign Driasatl to a raise starting next season.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A sale of the Bolts for close to $2 billion is apparently being worked on.

Wowza

That isn't good IMO

Vinik buying Lightning was best thing for organization and is what set them on path of success after the Koules/Barrie shitshow

And while article says he will have say in coming years even with sale there have been too many times that situations like that have gone south

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9134.jpeg

Um,, What are Preds doing?

Seems like Pens got a great haul for the price of nothing
Preds have to clear cap

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
More teams should work the offer sheets just to screw over divisional rivals. Looking at ours, and Dallas would be ripe for it. We don’t have the picks (missing the third), but someone should take a run at Harley.

Just over 9 million for a couple of years would only cost a first, second and third for a big, mobile D. Dallas would still match is my guess, but it would cost them someone like Marchment, weakening their depth. That’s what should be done anyways when a team is lowballing a high profile RFA, and Dallas only has 4.6 million in space.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
More teams should work the offer sheets just to screw over divisional rivals. Looking at ours, and Dallas would be ripe for it. We don’t have the picks (missing the third), but someone should take a run at Harley.

Just over 9 million for a couple of years would only cost a first, second and third for a big, mobile D. Dallas would still match is my guess, but it would cost them someone like Marchment, weakening their depth. That’s what should be done anyways when a team is lowballing a high profile RFA, and Dallas only has 4.6 million in space.
I'd love it if it became a thing and Harley is absolutely a guy you gamble on.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Didn't Harley break out last year? Dallas fans and media in general was singing his praises. Getting him would be a major scoop, but no way Dallas let's him go.

Although yes it would be super nice to see us go aggressive in these situations.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don’t understand why there aren’t offer sheets all over the place in this league. Everyone is too nice. Either you get the valuable young player or you force a team’s hand into a contract they’re maybe not ready for and further limit their cap space.

Reactions: Muffinalt

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I don’t understand why there aren’t offer sheets all over the place in this league. Everyone is too nice. Either you get the valuable young player or you force a team’s hand into a contract they’re maybe not ready for and further limit their cap space.
You have to overpay fairly significantly to acquire the player via a sheet....ie Broberg is a guy that signing him to 2 years @ 3 per would raise eyebrows much less the 4.5 St Louis sheeted him at. If you'r pro scouting dept is off on their evaluation...you are stuck with potentially a boat anchor (and Broberg at 2 years is on the lower end of the term commitment most sheets involve. Second you have to have the cap space and draft picks which knocks out probably 3/4ers of the league from being able to offer a guy like Broberg 4.5 look around the league at who has 4.5 in cap space and then which of those teams have their 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad