NHL: Around the League 53

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lot of potential for a great value contract going forward. Those are the types of deals you need to be a Cup contender and IMO Faber won't disappoint.

I wonder what his AAV would've been had he robbed Bedard of the Calder :sarcasm:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don't really feel like you're saving any money on this deal by offering the 8 years early. I would have expected around the 6.5-7 mark if you're giving 8 to Faber after one season. It did buy 3 UFA years which I guess makes it more palpable, but I still think its a tad high.

I'd rather have seen one more season if I was them. Even if it meant you're at 10x8. I'd rather have one more season of work.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9015.jpeg

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Toronto pulling a page out of San Jose's book from back in the day of stripping captaincy from a guy and giving it to another. Worked out so well for them...
Tavares and Matthews are similar and will lead the same way. Talented, but they just don’t have that fire to truly hate losing.

Toews was a guy that you could tell losing truly bugged him. He’d do anything to avoid losing, hence why he made a great captain. In every scrum, dropping the gloves if need be.

Matthews is supremely talented, but he’s not that kind of leader. Honestly, you’re either born with that kind of ambition or you aren’t.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Leafs in a nutshell:

The reality obviously is that there are no fixes, they can really only hope that their core takes a step or twelve together. They're too locked in with their core, lack flexibility to make meaningful changes, aren't a super desirable FA destination due to cap limits, media attention, and admittedly, yes, high taxes, and have too many shortcomings for their talent to bail them out.

And I keep using the analogy, but I stand by it. This iteration of the Leafs are like the 2007 and 2008 Cubs. Undeniably talented, but with a very weak jaw and willing to lay down when they face their first or second obstacle.

Reactions: Giovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad