Tribute Jordie Benn Retires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Wish him well, but he reminds me of the Bergevin era. He should've tried and play one more season with a rival team. It would have been a net positive for us Habs.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Never liked him on the team - was the prototypical bad MB defender.

Congrats on making the NHL and playing as long as he did though, a testament to the mans drive and determination.
Every team will want big bodies around the net to clear the space and let the goalie do his thing. MB built his D around that principle. The guys he picked were often slow AF, but I think MB bet on Carey's handling of the puck around his net to hide this to some extent - D didnt always have to skate back all the way to the back of the net and could expect a pass near the blue line instead. I find the guys he picked often looked bad when mobility was required, but otherwise seemed to do the job.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Oh noes! I was still hoping we could sign him for 4 years with NMC.

Benn was good in the room. He was not a good dman. But I didn't mind him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Benn looked pretty capable on a 3rd pair. The first memory I have is when he played his brother, and he just started hammering stars players including Jamie non stop.

I guess he was riled up to play his brother but it was uncharacteristic of him and superbly entertaining.

Happy retirement.

Reactions: habbubba

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Didn't have high expectations for him when we got him, but he had a couple very solid years for us and always gave it his all. Should've been a 3rd pairing guy, but ended up playing more minutes than he should've due to the shitty ass D Bergevin built.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad