NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The skating looks awesome but I’m worried it will be exploited by bad physics like in years past. If I can’t poke the puck away or my body check just bounces off the figure skating forward it’s going to be a very annoying feature. We’ll just have to see.

Reactions: MasterD

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hopefully these AI changes make myplayer actually work. Teammates are dumb as rocks and won't try to get open and will often skate away from the puck when it's infront of them

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
cant you skate like this in nhl video game already by holding down left trigger? That always seems to square me up to the puck.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
cant you skate like this in nhl video game already by holding down left trigger? That always seems to square me up to the puck.
Yes. And you can square to the puck carrier defensively easily in the current game as well. They just don't integrate it well to new players or drive it home to others that learning the more complex mechanics is what creates the skill gap.

Mar 12, 2009
I think EA saved me from myself by not having it on PS4 this year. Last I played was 22. Put 20 in last night and realized the difference between it and 22 was almost purely X-factors, and the BAP is arguably better because the coach-player dynamic isn't as horribly broken AND you can play full CHL seasons before your draft. So stupid they took that aspect out.

Reactions: Frosty415

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hopefully the control schemes changed. r3 for hipcheck. and not that forearm shiver move when your player is trying to step up to an opposing forward coming straight at you.

Reactions: GbgRanger

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
LOL yeah.. 2 on 0 , AI goes on same side of the goalie as me, or skates to go play defense or something...OR WORSE, gets an off side for no reason, or hits me/gets in my way.

As long as the next engine after that isnt ICQ, im happy.

I LOVED ICQ. Those were days.

• Haha
Reactions: Gaud

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I think EA saved me from myself by not having it on PS4 this year. Last I played was 22. Put 20 in last night and realized the difference between it and 22 was almost purely X-factors, and the BAP is arguably better because the coach-player dynamic isn't as horribly broken AND you can play full CHL seasons before your draft. So stupid they took that aspect out.
And be a pro has been the same broken mess for 4 straight years now, it's insane how lazy EA is and people still defend this shit product

I bet you anything they won't touch be a pro again this year

Reactions: Darkauron

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Presentation hahaha. A cute Rivalry logo and some better cameras. That's presentation. Man what a joke.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
And be a pro has been the same broken mess for 4 straight years now, it's insane how lazy EA is and people still defend this shit product

I bet you anything they won't touch be a pro again this year
As they shouldn’t, the whole game mode is and always has been horseshit and total waste of resources.

Just focus on the core gameplay, and untill you have teammate-AI in regular that isn’t dumb as box of rocks, start thinking about adding gamemodes like that.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Until they fix the Goalies (particularly the User Goalies), I won't be giving anymore of my money to EA. 5 straight years of garbage game play and goalie play is enough for me.

I don't think I've ever finished a season in Franchise mode where my goalies had a save % higher than .893, and CPU goalie going God mode pretty much 70% of the games.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
More like NHL 13.12
Nhl14 was great 15 when they switched from star based potential only shortly after it changed from the letter grading which I thought were more interesting nhl 15 is when they took the real dive and hasn't even added all the other features the older gens up to 14 had

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad