NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They have to fix checking. Whatever they did to it screwed it up. Idk how many times I line up a guy in 2024 and press up and nothing happens my guy just stops and the computer just breezes by.

This seriously is a piece of shit game
That's been a problem going back to the PS3/XBOX 360 days. It just got way worse as the game jumped from generation to generation

Reactions: Frosty415

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Its also infuriating that ur AI teammates are so incompetent sometimes as I play ill just watch them skate into each other. Skate in circles. Just skate around randomly. Miss checks.

But somehow ur AI opponents skate faster than u and there is always one guy who ur cant shake. Or the guys that will carry the puck thru 3 of your guys checking them.

How your AI guys have NO puck pursuit at all. Last night I was playing and during a line change the puck hit the boards and sat there my guys continued to change. Just now one my AIs for once had a monster hit and instead of pursuing the puck went back into position.

Like someone needs to make a competitive game to challenge EA this also just isnt an NHL issue Madden been ass for years.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
They have to fix checking. Whatever they did to it screwed it up. Idk how many times I line up a guy in 2024 and press up and nothing happens my guy just stops and the computer just breezes by.

This seriously is a piece of shit game

This is insanity.

By far the best thing about NHL 24 is the new checking system. Because you seemingly don't know how to check is not a reason for the game to "fix it."

I assure you, it works quite well and it's by far the most realistic checking system in the history of the franchise.

You're inability to do something is not the fault of the game.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This is insanity.

By far the best thing about NHL 24 is the new checking system. Because you seemingly don't know how to check is not a reason for the game to "fix it."

I assure you, it works quite well and it's by far the most realistic checking system in the history of the franchise.

Just by the post, he's skating in a straight line and likely telegraphing a hit. The AI 'anticipates' what you're doing to an extent.

The AI doesn't avoid hip checks.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Just by the post, he's skating in a straight line and likely telegraphing a hit. The AI 'anticipates' what you're doing to an extent.

The AI doesn't avoid hip checks.

Lmao wrong I am actually back gliding, lining people and the thing isnt work

All I do is hip check

Thinking the checking in this game is the best its ever been is delusional

This game is a piece of shit

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

All I do is hip check

You aren't lining it up properly. Either that or your AI difficulty is too high. I play with competitive teams in WOC. The people who have issues with the hitting this year are the ones who don't want to learn the new mechanics.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
You aren't lining it up properly. Either that or your AI difficulty is too high. I play with competitive teams in WOC. The people who have issues with the hitting this year are the ones who don't want to learn the new mechanics.
TBH I just play the game only thing I adjust is penalties

Again on PS4 idk if that makes a difference

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
TBH I just play the game only thing I adjust is penalties

Again on PS4 idk if that makes a difference
If you do a little digging on the EA forum, there are posters who have favorable slider sets for offline play that help make the game a tad more realistic. Just don't criticize the developers because EAAljo will ban you.

The game on the old gen was noticeably slower this year and last year it was plagued with connectivity issues. It's actually a good thing that development was committed to only new gen this year.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
If you do a little digging on the EA forum, there are posters who have favorable slider sets for offline play that help make the game a tad more realistic. Just don't criticize the developers because EAAljo will ban you.

The game on the old gen was noticeably slower this year and last year it was plagued with connectivity issues. It's actually a good thing that development was committed to only new gen this year.

For years I thought I didnt need a PS4 but looking at WWE2K graphics on it. Ill be getting a PS5 in the fall.

Hope all games I play are wildly improved

Been too busy raising my daughters to spend that money but now theyre grown

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany

All I do is hip check

You know to really make a big hit you have to hold the stick down and then up like a slapshot right? Just flipping the stick up is just a shove.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Checking is great in 24. If I’m playing against the computer on superstar i can get 30+ hits a game no problem. 20+ online. Just stop being a dumb ape and spend ten minutes learning the new mechanic.

The dumb AI no doubt greatly holds back offline modes. You’ll get no argument from me there. The actually gameplay mechanics themselves are pretty damn good however, you honestly just have to take the time to learn them.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

The most common error I see in CHEL is people telegraphing the hit (their shoulder is "down" while they are still metres away) and more commonly, they "throw" the hit too early. So the hit basically "misses" without any effect.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
This is insanity.

Buddy is having a nervous breakdown over a video game.:DD:DD:DD

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Finally a new score clock in the corner now get us tunnel run out and goalie presentation before the game starts like NHL 14

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Have not bought since before the Kraken were a team. Was going to buy this year but only have PS4. Guess I am saved from myself.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
24 was my first game since 09 and hitting people is about the only thing I can do consistently. Against the AI and online. It works very well.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad