NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I cant beleive nobody else has made another sim type hockey game for the consoles or pc.
I mean its 2024 and all we have is this ping pong EA game with gameplay that you can string 10 minutes of continuous play with no stoppages. Id be fine with that if the game was fun, but its not. Its all repetitive. At least NHL Hitz was fun. Something different happened in that game all the time.

Reactions: Frosty415

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
jmg.jpg

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I played a fair amount of HUT this year and couldn’t agree more. Constant moments where I needed more freedom of movement or my AI teammates have their back to me in the ozone, are in a bad position in general, and even directly in my shooting lanes.
LOL yeah.. 2 on 0 , AI goes on same side of the goalie as me, or skates to go play defense or something...OR WORSE, gets an off side for no reason, or hits me/gets in my way.

I can't wait for NHL26, I hear they're working on IQuick.

Like IceQ, but quicker.

They're saving I.Q. (but the .s will be hockey pucks in the promo materials) for NHL 27.

As long as the next engine after that isnt ICQ, im happy.

• Haha
Reactions: That Habs Fan

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
LOL yeah.. 2 on 0 , AI goes on same side of the goalie as me, or skates to go play defense or something...OR WORSE, gets an off side for no reason, or hits me/gets in my way.

As long as the next engine after that isnt ICQ, im happy.
It's actually going to be mIRC

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I hope they never go back to PC releases. So many games that have a blend of PC and console players are absolutely marred by PC players hacking and cheating.

No thanks.
They'll never go back because modding would limit the number of sales they'd get.
Can't release the same game 4yrs in a row on PC and get suckers to buy it.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If anybody thought the half spin back and forth was annoying when playing online, just wait until the annoying abuse of edgework. It looks good but I can also see it becoming a feature that takes the fun out of playing.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If anybody thought the half spin back and forth was annoying when playing online, just wait until the annoying abuse of edgework. It looks good but I can also see it becoming a feature that takes the fun out of playing.
The lack of edgework & Mohawks were always the #1 thing detracting from realism for me so I'm very happy. I agree that is a concern though I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to alleviate it, just like IRL if someone were to be doing ridiculous edgework they would get very fatigued, they could make it so that doing too much will use up all of the players energy

Reactions: FerrisRox

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Excessive edge work should lead to rapid fatigue and that would certainly make it easier to counter.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
The edgework thing does look nice tbh. The AI's on ice awareness and bad positioning was a huge issue I had with the game so it's nice to see a potential solution for that.

Reactions: LokiDog

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Skating, edgework and reactive actions look good. Skeptical until I get to actually play this of course but these sound like things that could make the game more authentic. We'll see how Ice Q turns out, this could also be a great improvement or just a marketing gimmick. Hopefully they release a demo.

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
Probably a dumb question but I'm curious so I'll try anyway:

I remember in past games, NCAA players weren't in the game due to I think rights/them being amateur players. Has anything changed in recent years with the whole NIL stuff? Also, if a player (like say Celebrini) signs an NHL contract prior to the release of the game, should we expect them to be in the game with pictures and all or do they have to actually play in an NHL game first? I know you can download rosters that fill this stuff in after the fact, but it's kind of lame to have generic faces for your star players.

TLDR; Is the #1OA pick going to have a generic face in the game this year??

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
When are they doing the franchise mode deep dive? The gameplay stuff is nice to see, but the make or break for me buying before it’s like 19.99 is the franchise mode. It’s literally been the same since at the very least NHL 11. There hasn’t been an attempt made on that feature in like 14 years. I play maybe like 100 games a year, the rest is all franchise mode/GM simming

Reactions: Jysk

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
When are they doing the franchise mode deep dive? The gameplay stuff is nice to see, but the make or break for me buying before it’s like 19.99 is the franchise mode. It’s literally been the same since at the very least NHL 11. There hasn’t been an attempt made on that feature in like 14 years. I play maybe like 100 games a year, the rest is all franchise mode/GM simming
They said mid September

Reactions: Leafs87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad