News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Mike Hoffman is 34 years old and he’s been a shell of his former self for at least a few years.

Palmieri and Lee are at an age where a sudden drop off in productivity could easily happen yet they’re expected to be mid level producers for this squad. While I’m happy that Lou took a flyer on Duclair, that addition is also somewhat of an uncertain wildcard.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed without any serious expectations for the upcoming season. Kind of like it’s been for the prior season.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
EDM certainly is expecting a lot of mid-level work out of a bunch of older guys: Perry, Hoffman, Skinner, Henrique, etc.

Maybe they finally realized that two guys couldn’t make it a winner, diversified their lineup, brought on some veterans, etc. I’m not the biggest EDM fan, but they have enhanced the complexion of their team the past few years and it’s helped them advance deeper.

The isles don’t have those two guys, so they are ‘playing through’ the contracts they have, yet, somehow make the playoffs 5/6 years. Now, if their ‘star’ players can deliver in the post-season w/o Trotz and his leashed 4 line team, maybe things would be different…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad