GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
My feelings is that both Demidov & Lindstrom + a d-man (Levshunov) will be picked before pick #5. Habs will have to pick the best D available (Dickenson ???) or go with Iginla or Catton or trade that pick to go down between pick 9 and 14 + a young talent.

Reactions: Shutdown

Jul 6, 2016
The most interesting part of Basu's article is the information on Demidov. No team wants to get entangled in unknowns involving Russia. He will be there at 5 and probably there at 7.
That would means another headache for Habs … and possibly tons of criticisms if they don’t take him at #5.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
That would means another headache for Habs … and possibly tons of criticisms if they don’t take him at #5.
Not necessarily a headache. Very rare for a team to trade down from a top 5 pick. I think you are maybe overthinking it.

1. Celebrini

Then we just need to sit and wait and one of the following players will fall into our lap:

Levshunov, Demidov, Silayev or Dickinson

Easy.

Reactions: Nedved

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not really, everything points to the Habs actually liking Demidov this time. So it's unlikely for them to pass if he fall into their laps.
Might hinge on how much they like Lindstrom and how willing they might be to swap upwards, if an opportunity presented itself.

I’m not buying what Basu is suggesting, especially not when Hughes plays his cards so close to the vest. Hughes has set up the usual tropes with the interview process and using pundits/ reporters closest to the team, to help create a smokescreen, would be my guess.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Well...I mean Josi almost had 100 points two years ago so if we're going by their 3rd season, some more improvement from Guhle and he'll be well on his way to perhaps becoming a 40-50 point dman in his best seasons who plays against other teams top lines.
This is a “Heads I Win, Tails You Lose” argument from you. No matter if Guhle follows or deviates from Roman Jodi’s trajectory, you still insist he will be a 1D. Thank you Nostradamus.

He's still a kid and has a lot of runway left yet before he hits his prime.
Nobody said otherwise. But there’s something to be said about counting chickens etc.

Hutson or Mailloux could get more points than Guhle or Reinbacher but it won't mean they're the better of those four dmen.
Two of those four haven’t played a game in the NHL so this is all premature… but par for the course in this discussion with you

skidcells

May 11, 2023
My feelings is that both Demidov & Lindstrom + a d-man (Levshunov) will be picked before pick #5. Habs will have to pick the best D available (Dickenson ???) or go with Iginla or Catton or trade that pick to go down between pick 9 and 14 + a young talent.
For what it’s worth the insiders like Basu & Pronman are suggesting it’s unlikely that both Demidov and Lindstrom get picked in the top 4 so we will have a chance to pick whoever is left or whoever we prefer (which is also unlikely, I.e that they are both there when we get to pick)

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Like so many other D when they were 21-22 years old. Check out Matheson's stats at the same age. Hell, check out Josi's.

Guhle will be playing top pairing minutes because he's exactly who you want against opponents top lines.

I can't get over the lack of patience on this board regarding our young D.
It’s HFboards, where perpetual rebuilt for the sake of drafting the shiny new toy is king!

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Might hinge on how much they like Lindstrom and how willing they might be to swap upwards, if an opportunity presented itself.

I’m not buying what Basu is suggesting, especially not when Hughes plays his cards so close to the vest. Hughes has set up the usual tropes with the interview process and using pundits/ reporters closest to the team, to help create a smokescreen, would be my guess.

The part on Demidov isn't an insider view of what Hughes is suggesting. It's what's happening in Russia, and the possibility of Demidov getting entangled in KHL affairs that would either extend his time there or hinder his development (another year in the MHL). Given that teams want certainty when they pick high, this points to Demidov dropping, perhaps substantially, in the draft order.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The part on Demidov isn't an insider view of what Hughes is suggesting. It's what's happening in Russia, and the possibility of Demidov getting entangled in KHL affairs that would either extend his time there or hinder his development (another year in the MHL). Given that teams want certainty when they pick high, this points to Demidov dropping, perhaps substantially, in the draft order.
I wasn’t specifically thinking of Demidov but that’s a fair concern. Basu bringing in Parekh as a target sounds far-fetched.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Two of those four haven’t played a game in the NHL so this is all premature… but par for the course in this discussion with you
Ahhhh...I knew it was only a matter of time before your bad manners would come out.

By the way...3 of the 4 have played in the NHL (Guhle, Hutson, Mailloux) so maybe get your facts straight if you're going to take a swing. :laugh:

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Get Catton out of your head, bro. Ain’t happening. And I would definitely take Buium before Dickinson.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Dickinson does everything just ...well... very vanilla. Not saying he won't be a solid player. Just does everything good but nothing great. Maybe his skating.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
If Demidov and Lindstrom are both gone, take the BPA (defense) in Buium or Dickinson and trade Guhle or Matheson ++ for a forward. Our defense is not that good that we can pass on BPA if that turns out to be a defenseman.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It’s hard to argue that they are taking the BPA in this scenario. If both forwards are gone, it means one of Dickinson or Levshunov will be available at 5. Both are better options than Buium or Parekh honestly.

Just sounds to me that they want the most offensively gifted player available rather than best.
HARD disagree there. Give me Buium over either of them any day of the week.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
HARD disagree there. Give me Buium over either of them any day of the week.
I reallllllly like Buium too, I just didn't get too excited about him because I wasn't sure he would be on the Habs radar, and I still don't know if he is despite the recent Athletic article. He would make the blue line pipeline pure sex. I wish there were a few more forwards like that this year, but we've been told for a while this is a D heavy draft.

Reactions: Runner77

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I reallllllly like Buium too, I just didn't get too excited about him because I wasn't sure he would be on the Habs radar, and I still don't know if he is despite the recent Athletic article. He would make the blue line pipeline pure sex. I wish there were a few more forwards like that this year, but we've been told for a while this is a D heavy draft.
For me it's

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Buium
Dickinson
Iginla
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Sennecke

I'd be pretty happy with any of them honestly but would be a bit bummed out if we passed on Demidov for anyone, and to me Lindstrom still has a few question marks (as does everyone except Macklin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad