GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
what a dweeb, coordinating Dan milstein players at the russian mini-camp is not the same as coordinating 100+ prospects from Europe/ NA and then having to have the space to get them all ready in a reasonable timeframe.

Exactly. Furthermore, the point for having the Russians skate is because the NHL decision makers, GM and chief scouts alike, never had the opportunity to watch them do so live.....like c'mon Grant...

Reactions: Runner77

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Yeah I was hoping for the measurement and some physical testing.

I was also hoping we showed him a lot of interest down the stretch as I prefer him to Iginla, but as much as I thought they'd be higher or similarly high on him to Iginla, it seemed they touched base with him less than others.
Lindstrom, Demidov or Iginla at 5OA, in that order (for me at least). It's really that simple. Don't F this up, HuGo!

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Guhle is solid but he does not produce nearly enough to be a #1D
Guhle has 22 even strength points (70 GP) last year.
Matheson has 34 even strength points (82 GP) last year.

Edit: By ES I mean non-PP, I just removed PP points since Guhle didn’t PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That sucks. It would have been real interesting to know, mainly out of curiosity. I know he's a small player skill set in a big body, which is a very intriguing package.
It's not exact, but Grant said his (Sennecke's) coach said he's gotta be 6'4, as his coach is supposedly 6'2 and looks up to Sennecke when talking to him

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Guhle has 22 even strength points (70 GP) last year.
Matheson has 34 even strength points (82 GP) last year.
Savard has 24 even strength points (60 GP) last year.

Your kind of proving the other posters point though, Guhle hasn't produced like a #1 D. But it's kind of irrelevant since it usually takes years at the NHL level before #1 Ds produce like #1 D, Hedman's first 50 point season was something like year 5 as an example.

Guhle not producing like a #1 D last year has very little bearing on whether he will be a #1 D in the future. It all comes down to whether he can continue to improve year over year (In terms of overall play moreso then points). If he comes into next year noticebly better then he was last year then I like his chances of eventually being a #1 D.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Celebrini, Lindstrom, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson.. It appears like these six are distinguishing themselves from the others.

Iginla, Catton, Buium, Parekh has to be in consideration there too.

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I haven't loved the news coming out of the tail end of the combine.

Anaheim likes Lindstrom.. CBJ likes Lindstrom.

Really our chances are higher on Demidov than Lindstrom at this point, which is still fine but all it takes is Chicago to take Demidov or CBJ to take him and Lindstrom to be gone.

San Jose winning the lottery instead of CBJ really f***s us.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Really our chances are higher on Demidov than Lindstrom at this point, which is still fine but all it takes is Chicago to take Demidov or CBJ to take him and Lindstrom to be gone.

Chicago will take a dman.

Reactions: Redux91

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chicago will take a dman.

They are looking good to take Levshunov but if Demidov's interview at the Russian combine sways them back in that direction, we are only shaky ground.

Anaheim goes Lindstrom, CBJ seems set on a forward, they go Demidov and we are empty handed.

It's a tenuous spot now because Anaheim and CBJ are being cucks when they should be looking at the defenders.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They are looking good to take Levshunov but if Demidov's interview at the Russian combine sways them back in that direction, we are only shaky ground.

Anaheim goes Lindstrom, CBJ seems set on a forward, they go Demidov and we are empty handed.

It's a tenuous spot now because Anaheim and CBJ are being cucks when they should be looking at the defenders.
I would be more surprised to see no dman going top 4 than to learn the earth is really flat. If it goes that way then draft a dman and try to leverage Mailloux, Barron, jets 1st and Flames (SJ) 1st for a young forward or two.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Worst scenario is Celebrini / Lindstrom / Demidov / Levshunov gone and it’s a likely one

• Wow
Reactions: dinodebino and 1909

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

They should like Lindstrom, imo, he's the second best forward in the draft. He can do it all and is a big body to boot. Sucks for us but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If we are "stuck" with Demidov, it's a solid disappointing draft to have :), although I'm starting to get even more concerns/heart burn with more of these comments about his Russian commitments and whatnot.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They should like Lindstrom, imo, he's the second best forward in the draft. He can do it all and is a big body to boot. Sucks for us but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If we are "stuck" with Demidov, it's a solid disappointing draft to have :), although I'm starting to get even more concerns/heart burn with more of these comments about his Russian commitments and whatnot.

Nah I want Demidov most but there's the fact that Chicago is going between Demidov and Lev, so if they go Demidov then Lindstrom isn't escaping CBJ.

If they go Lev and Anaheim goes Lindstrom (they shouldn't with left shot centers in Gauthier MacTavish and Carlsson but seems they do) then CBJ focused on forward can go Demidov.

We need Levshunov at 2 and Anaheim to not go Lindstrom. I feel good about Lev, I don't feel great about Anaheim

Reactions: Deebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad