GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
He has a similar build to Slaf and like Slaf he left home at a young age. I think I read somewhere he left his family at around 14.
Moved down to Van to play hockey. Lindstrom, like Slaffy, is mature for his age. He just seems ready to take on the world and make his mark. Willing to do whatever is necessary to win. Would love to add him to our club

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's so tough.

Speaking from Montreal's perspective only:

Lindstrom left home at 14 - Habs management love that.
Iginla said he would be a Pegasys if he could be any animals - Habs management have to love that.
Sennecke could be the next Getzlaf who just started a growth spurt.

If I had to guess the order is:

Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke.

Lindstrom's skill+size is too tantalizing.
Iginla despite being shorter at 6ft has proven more than Sennecke.
Sennecke is a dark horse who they may project as the best player in 5-7 years from now.
Damn you! Until now I was only advocating trading up our Win pick and selecting two of Demidov, Lindstrom, Sennecke, Iginla, and Catton. Now I want a trade-up and another deal to get 3 of those players.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
These questions are more about how you got to your conclusion than what the answer was

Which is exactly what I was saying.....which is why I didn't just pick a role. You still need an answer otherwise the process is meaningless.

How you could have read it any other way is confounding.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Moved down to Van to play hockey. Lindstrom, like Slaffy, is mature for his age. He just seems ready to take on the world and make his mark. Willing to do whatever is necessary to win. Would love to add him to our club
One can only assume the “hunger factor” for Lindstrom is off the charts, based on tough childhood, family sacrifices, and dedication he’s demonstrated thus far.

Can’t teach “hunger”…

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I just can't shake the feeling that he is going to be a disappointment but if HuGo decide that this is their guy then I am all in.......sort of :help:
Weirdly enough, I feel the exact opposite. I get this real positive vibe, like we're lucky he got injured and is potentially available now, because he's going to go on an absolute tear next season and look like the true top 2 he should have been. Time will tell I guess, my gut could be completely wrong on this.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Weirdly enough, I feel the exact opposite. I get this real positive vibe, like we're lucky he got injured and is potentially available now, because he's going to go on an absolute tear next season and look like the true top 2 he should have been. Time will tell I guess, my gut could be completely wrong on this.
I personally don't doubt that Lindstrom will have a monster season in the WHL next year (assuming his injury issues are under control). He will be playing with Basha and McKenna on a powerhouse team, and he will easily dominate physically his competition. My reservation is at the NHL level, will he have the skills and IQ to dominate? Being tall and strong will still be an advantage, but it will be drastically reduced. There are a lot of big players in the NHL, many of them much stronger than Lindstrom will ever be.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
These questions are more about how you got to your conclusion than what the answer was
I think they’re looking for brevity. Like …

Medic, because I don’t like being shot at.

Sniper, because I’m really good at that balloon popping game at the town fair.

Pilot, preferably x-wing fighter. (Hand gestures “pew pew”.)

Seriously tho, you’re right, there are no answers they wouldn’t want. Another way to get them talking about themselves and qualities they find redeeming.

f*** them.

Pray that Timmins take a dman or Sennecke
No love for Demidov?

You gotta think 2 D are going before 5.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The agency that represents most Russian players in North America (Dan Milstein’s Gold Star Sports Management) is renting out a location for the combine
And If I was the secret services, I'd just plant evidence on those idiots, arrest them and demand the release of their journalist turned spy. A perfectly sound plan. :laugh:

Matteus

May 11, 2009
I just can't shake the feeling that he is going to be a disappointment but if HuGo decide that this is their guy then I am all in.......sort of :help:
I don't know these players other than for having seen clips here and there, my feeling comes more from hearing HuGo hinting a few times since taking over at wanting more size on their team. We'll see🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad