GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
How can you not like him? I don't understand

View attachment 880402

Taken from this video

His understanding of how plays develop is too good to not get better defensively and more effective in the O-zone. He dangles because he can, not because he feels he has to.

Being completely honest, Catton is the only forward after Demidov and Lindstrom I would feel comfortable drafting at 5th overall. If his size is really such an issue, I'd probably consider Dickinson, Buium before Iginla, Sennecke.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
He's my bet for our pick at this point... Demidov would be my first choice, but I don't think he'll make it to 5.

If Catton is on the board, I don't see KH passing on him.
Right?? I don't understand a team with our prospect pool and squad makeup would not pick Catton if he's available. We have a Slafkovsky already -- and god bless him, he's doing well -- acquiring Lindstrom at this point is overkill when you don't have a high-end playmaker.

Suzuki is a two-way player, but he's more in the all-around guy role (like Saku Koivu) than he is a high-end playmaker. Caufield is a sniper with quick hands. Who else do we have who can remotely do what Catton can do? Demidov maybe... but isn't it safer to pick Catton?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Didn’t I read something here on HF that his skating was bad … like Caufield?

The above quote is from an NHL scout. lol

Wasn’t Brady Tkachuk a day a way from being in the 2017 draft?

Catton was 2 weeks from being in last year's draft I believe too, Tij is a late Aug

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
What exactly about Demidov is polished? Why does Sennecke play like a globetrotter? You seem to be watching the YouTube highlights and stat sheets and coming to a conclusion.
Watching Sennecke’s clips, I see no form of reliance on Calum Ritchie.

I like what I see vision/puck-handling by Sennecke, and an ability to just plain create.

If the Habs grab him at 5, I won’t be disappointed in any way.

Not directed at you, le sean!

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
In my opinion it’s 100% between Demidov or Lindstrom in that order. If Demidov is there he’s the pick, otherwise they go Lindstrom
Sure, but the Habs are drafting 5th, so there’s probably a 50% chance one or neither of those players are still available.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You are on the internet, how long is it to Google "Jeff Carter Stats"?
So you think Lindstrom will have a career average 52pt seasons? And you want the Habs to draft him with the 5OA?

With that size you need a lot of talent to be able to survive
How much talent does Caufield need to be able to survive? Both he and giant Slafkovsky picked up long-term injuries. What does 'be able to survive' even mean, then?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
So you think Lindstrom will have a career average 52pt seasons? And you want the Habs to draft him with the 5OA?

So, we were talking about Sennecke, not Lindstrom. I think Lindstrom's ceiling is slightly higher, assuming he stays healthy.

And 52 pts average over 15-18 years is...pretty good...

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Personally, I think he's the most sure bet 1st line player (forward or defenseman) in the draft after Celebrini.

He may not have Demidov's ceiling, but there are zero question marks from me on his ability to produce at a high rate in the NHL.
100% agreed

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Didn’t I read something here on HF that his skating was bad … like Caufield?

The above quote is from an NHL scout. lol

Wasn’t Brady Tkachuk a day a way from being in the 2017 draft?
Yes a poster replied to me earlier that his skating was bad, this kid is elite in multiple areas. He is a play driver, not a passenger. I think I take Demidov over him maybe, but if they pick Sennecke or Lindstrom over him I will be letdown. He's so much more dynamic than both of them. I even think long and hard about taking him before Demidov.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Catton isn't really look down upon because of his size I would say. I imagine he's less favourable because you have another player who's a good player, skilled, but a player that won't be hard to play against.

He's a guy who, at times can make it hard with his skill and keeping it away, but when games become tighter I'm speaking for others in that he might not be able to break through and use what he has to make the game more difficult in the playoffs.

Demidov, who's projected to be more skilled and could be that game breaker.

Lindstrom, the conservative response is likely a 60-70 point player who's physical. If he's not scoring, he's (hopefully) out there being a physical specimen on the other team and making the other team hate him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think I finally figured out why @Tyson is scouting this thread.

He needs to know which players to target in order to add to his massive hockey stick collection. :sarcasm:

uqaQ6fu.jpg

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
He's my bet for our pick at this point... Demidov would be my first choice, but I don't think he'll make it to 5.

If Catton is on the board, I don't see KH passing on him.
He makes plays for sure. Intelligent.

Always thought his skating was fine. If he has great edges, he can buy time to do his thing.

On size, well, Caufield and Catton in the top six isn’t a disaster, IMO, esp if the bottom six has two or three punishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad