GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
This has been the comparable I’ve both heard and read.
It’s a terrible comparable. Do people forget how dominant Lindros was?

Unless:
Catton - Gretzky
Iginla - Ovechin
Sennecke - Lemieux

Even that highlight - you know Lindros would smell blood when the D stops moving his feet at 43 seconds … he’s heading north-south there. Lindstrom continues laterally and bumps into teammate.

Reactions: Shred

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It’s a terrible comparable. Do people forget how dominant Lindros was?

Unless:
Catton - Gretzky
Iginla - Ovechin
Sennecke - Lemieux

Even that highlight - you know Lindros would smell blood when the D stops moving his feet at 43 seconds … he’s heading north-south there. Lindstrom continues laterally and bumps into teammate.

I’m pretty sure the people making the comparison are merely talking about play style and not that Lindstrom is going to BE Lindros. I dunno, it seems obvious to me.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I’m pretty sure the people making the comparison are merely talking about play style and not that Lindstrom is going to BE Lindros. I dunno, it seems obvious to me.
Right, but usually the quality is in the same ballpark, considering they’re entering the same league - following in their footsteps.

… And the style’s not even close in this case.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He makes plays for sure. Intelligent.

Always thought his skating was fine. If he has great edges, he can buy time to do his thing.

On size, well, Caufield and Catton in the top six isn’t a disaster, IMO, esp if the bottom six has two or three punishers.
Yup

And a top six with Slaf & Dach both hitting their ceilings (or close), with the sturdy Suzuki anchoring the group... No concerns whatsoever about the size question in drafting Catton, if he's there

He will be on the board and he will be passed...It is pretty well established at this point.
I bet you'll be wrong about that.

Reactions: crosbyshow

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Yup

And a top six with Slaf & Dach both hitting their ceilings (or close), with the sturdy Suzuki anchoring the group... No concerns whatsoever about the size question in drafting Catton, if he's there

The Habs aren’t taking him at 5.

Reactions: salbutera

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So, we were talking about Sennecke, not Lindstrom. I think Lindstrom's ceiling is slightly higher, assuming he stays healthy.

And 52 pts average over 15-18 years is...pretty good...
Yeah I don’t understand what people expect with a 5th overall pick. They all want 100+ point players which doesn’t happen.

If you get a guy that plays over 1,300 NHL games with 850+ points, that’s a massive win.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Yeah I don’t understand what people expect with a 5th overall pick. They all want 100+ point players which doesn’t happen.

If you get a guy that plays over 1,300 NHL games with 850+ points, that’s a massive win.
You go for the player with upside for more if one is available at 5OA. This year, this seems to be the case.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Who exactly has more upside than that? Do you not remember how good Jeff Carter was? LA doesn’t win their two Cups without him.
You realize we’re not talking about literally Jeff Carter, right?

Besides, he was a promising player and good goal scorer who supported four or five better players in the LA Kings cup wins. Kings fans would put Doughty, Kopitar, Richards, and definitely Brown as more important than him in the 2012 run and in 2014 there’s Justin Williams and Gaborik too.

There are prospects with better upside this year, including on D.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Besides, he was a promising player and good goal scorer who supported four or five better players in the LA Kings cup wins. Kings fans would put Doughty, Kopitar, Richards, and definitely Brown as more important than him in the 2012 run and in 2014 there’s Justin Williams and Gaborik too.

Where still talking about someone who made Team
Canada at the Olympic and won a Gold Medal

Reactions: mdk

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Who has better upside than a Jeff Carter?
From what I gather, those high on Sennecke, Buium, Demidov, Catton, Silayev, Eiserman, Dickinson, Levshunyov, etc have referred to them as having upside to be more impactful players.

Where still talking about someone who made Team
Canada at the Olympic and won a Gold Medal
Would you draft someone with Chris Kunitz upside or Claude Giroux upside with your 5OA?

You guys know we’re not talking about literally Jeff Carter but rather ‘Jeff Carter as a ceiling’, right?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

We are talking about a really good 2C on a championship level team. 1C on a mediocre team. So Nick Suzuki level. How would we not be content with that at 5th overall?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I still have my doubts about Lindstrom as a C long term, but I think he'd be a great winger for Dach. Getting Basha would be sweet since they have the chemistry and they'd make a hell of a second line.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
From what I gather, those high on Sennecke, Buium, Demidov, Catton, Silayev, Eiserman, Dickinson, Levshunyov, etc have referred to them as having upside to be more impactful players.
I have seen little to no comments saying that all of those guys have better upside than Lindstrom besides Demidov. Especially Eiserman lol.
You guys know we’re not talking about literally Jeff Carter but rather ‘Jeff Carter as a ceiling’, right?
From 2007-2018, Jeff Carter is 29th in points for forwards. Factor in his big frame and 2way abilities, I don't see how you can realistically expect more upside from a 5th OA pick.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think I finally figured out why @Tyson is scouting this thread.

He needs to know which players to target in order to add to his massive hockey stick collection. :sarcasm:

uqaQ6fu.jpg
Don't forget the guns 🤣🤣🤣🤣

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Honestly, easiest bet of my life. 99% the draft guides, all the buzz, all the mocks...you don't hear about Catton until closer to 7/8 at the VERY soonest.

Will he be great? Quite possibly, but he won't be drafted top 5.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Honestly, easiest bet of my life. 99% the draft guides, all the buzz, all the mocks...you don't hear about Catton until closer to 7/8 at the VERY soonest.

Will he be great? Quite possibly, but he won't be drafted top 5.
Cool story. Hey, what was Reinbacher's rankings last year?

It's fascinating to me that anyone would argue with certainty who will/won't be "drafted top 5" in this draft.

It's clearly the most volatile/contentious top 10-15 we've seen in the last 20+ years. Are there any top 5's that are the same? Don't think I've seen 2 that match up.

The Habs aren’t taking him at 5.
We'll see

Reactions: crosbyshow

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Yeah I don’t get dinner with both Iginla and Dickinson last night. One must be a mistake and was Wednesday. I can’t imagine how awkward it would be if only the prospect ate since the Habs brass already had supper :laugh:
Gorton sacrificed himself and ordered a second three course meal, just to make sure it wouldn’t be awkward for the kid, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad