GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't forget the guns 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I didn’t. There are several in the same room. :laugh:

This was the most Tysonesque set up I could come up with. It evokes your Quebec roots (love of hockey/ Habs) and your Texan identity.

Now go forth and multiply that stick collection!

• Love
Reactions: Habano and Tyson

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Cool story. Hey, what was Reinbacher's rankings last year?

It's fascinating to me that anyone would argue with certainty who will/won't be "drafted top 5" in this draft.

It's clearly the most volatile/contentious top 10-15 we've seen in the last 20+ years. Are there any top 5's that are the same? Don't think I've seen 2 that match up.

We'll see
There was plenty of buzz about him being the pick at this time last year.
There is zero buzz about Catton.
Bookmark this and I’ll send you $100 if we pick him.
I won’t even ask for anything if I’m right cause I’d feel bad.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meantime, with no major news coming out of the Combine …

Fans connecting dots on dinners = fans deciphering imminent trades based on scouting attendance at reg. season games.

Reactions: jaffy27

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Right?? I don't understand a team with our prospect pool and squad makeup would not pick Catton if he's available. We have a Slafkovsky already -- and god bless him, he's doing well -- acquiring Lindstrom at this point is overkill when you don't have a high-end playmaker.

Suzuki is a two-way player, but he's more in the all-around guy role (like Saku Koivu) than he is a high-end playmaker. Caufield is a sniper with quick hands. Who else do we have who can remotely do what Catton can do? Demidov maybe... but isn't it safer to pick Catton?

I love Catton, would be thrilled to have him a hab, but I'm not taking him before Demidov or Lindstrom.

Demidov
Lindstrom
Catton
Sennecke
Iginla

for me in that order of preference. I don't care about the size police. (he's really not even small) If both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone Catton is the BPA (forward) imo.

He's so damn smart and talented. I'd love two top 10 picks in this draft, but hate the price to make it happen. I really don't want to move Xhekaj. If Hughes can do it via Mailloux + then by all means, please do.

Catton + Lindstrom would be amazing.

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Catton Dach Lindstrom . - All three could possibly be the center, who knows.
Newhook Beck Roy

That's a fine top 9, throw in our D and we're in business.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Watching Sennecke’s clips, I see no form of reliance on Calum Ritchie.

I like what I see vision/puck-handling by Sennecke, and an ability to just plain create.

If the Habs grab him at 5, I won’t be disappointed in any way.

Not directed at you, le sean!
I've read from many posters that they would be disappointed if their darling was not picked. Allow me to share my disappointing moment.

Demidov, Lindstrom, Sennecke, Tig, Catton and Nygard. If the Habs don't trade up with their Winni pick and select two of the players mentioned, I will contemplate how best to dive from the JC Bridge. Now, how's that for disappointment?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'll streak butt ass naked at the Habs golf tournament if we draft Demidov.
I don't think anyone here wants to see that. Come to think of it, I'm feeling a little queasy just imagining it.

Anything interesting happen at the combine?
Sennecke ate his steak with his dessert fork and afterward, Gorton threatened his scouting team if they mentioned that barbarian again he would go nuclear on their asses.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I didn’t. There are several in the same room. :laugh:

This was the most Tysonesque set up I could come up with. It evokes your Quebec roots (love of hockey/ Habs) and your Texan identity.

Now go forth and multiply that stick collection!
You are a legend sir!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, I hope they went somewhere nice, like Mendy's. I wonder if he got the swordfish, it's the best.

For their 2nd meal, he's wondering if they should go back to Mendy's. If you go to Mendy's, you're guaranteed a good meal.

Just for the fun of it;

1- Mike Matheson + 1st Cal 2025
Vs
6th Utah or 7th Ottawa or 8th Sea or 9th Cal

2- Arber xhakaj + 26th Overall

Vs

11th overall Buffalo

So we would have 3 picks in the top 11.

We draft 2 of Lindstrom, Demidov, Catton, Igy , Sennecke

And one of Buium, Dickinson, Lev

You can also flip Slafkovsky and Suzuki for top 10 picks easy. We can draft them all.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
For their 2nd meal, he's wondering if they should go back to Mendy's. If you go to Mendy's, you're guaranteed a good meal.

You can also flip Slafkovsky and Suzuki for top 10 picks easy. We can draft them all.
I wrote just for the fun of it........

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

What’s the deal with Ovaltine? The mug is round, the jar is round, it should be called Roundtine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad