**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
So they got rid of the attribute system in Eashl for a more "even playing field" and those same people still back out against my club. And so we are all stuck playing with 60 overall CHL players that can't make or accept passes 5 feet from one another while the cpu goalies make the most ridiculous saves just so these people (who, again, never play us regardless) can compete.

Stephleref

Held by Holtby
May 28, 2011
Everyone in drop-in EASHL is unware of the passing button and defenders never play their position.

Awwww some things never change. :)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So i decided to reinstall because there was a couple things bugging me;

- If "hardcore" has small amounts of pass assist, why the hell is the online version different? Having zero pass assist turns it into a bogged down mess. Hardcore's feels smooth and not totally cheesable since stuff like cross creasers still get cut off. There is zero logic behind this decision and it infuriates me.

- Why does board play exist when the only ones that can actually use it properly are the AIs.

- Why does that nonsense invincible bubble still exist? (or as someone explained it as; the cheese glide)

- Why doesn't the choose player button put you on the man closest to the puck like Madden does when you switch mid play?

- Why is it when you hit someone offline, you can actually lay them out. But offline, you brush off them even if you have a size advantage?

I still think this game is a gem offline, but any online modes are ruined by the bizarre change in rules. Fatigue is too high, passing is too conked, you see your players do dumb **** they don't offline (like going off the ice when you've already passed the puck, turning around for no reason and spinning randomly mid reception)

hof2120

Mar 17, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
So i decided to reinstall because there was a couple things bugging me;

- If "hardcore" has small amounts of pass assist, why the hell is the online version different? Having zero pass assist turns it into a bogged down mess. Hardcore's feels smooth and not totally cheesable since stuff like cross creasers still get cut off. There is zero logic behind this decision and it infuriates me.

- Why does board play exist when the only ones that can actually use it properly are the AIs.

- Why does that nonsense invincible bubble still exist? (or as someone explained it as; the cheese glide)

- Why doesn't the choose player button put you on the man closest to the puck like Madden does when you switch mid play?

- Why is it when you hit someone offline, you can actually lay them out. But offline, you brush off them even if you have a size advantage?

I still think this game is a gem offline, but any online modes are ruined by the bizarre change in rules. Fatigue is too high, passing is too conked, you see your players do dumb **** they don't offline (like going off the ice when you've already passed the puck, turning around for no reason and spinning randomly mid reception)

The first online game I played when I got 16, I thought my controller was broken because of how off the passing was. It's not that hard to get used to, though. You actually have to lead players with passes and stuff...which I like.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't understand how this game plays smooth and decent paced offline, and like a complete slog online. The passing might be a symptom of the engine playing like crap to be honest.

It's like everything is delayed online. Players move slow, skating feels horrible. I'm not BSing either. Go play a game against the CPU and then go play a game of online versus. The difference is staggering. Even when i did win online, it felt boring as ****.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not too sure about this game I like a challenge but I think my own ayers ai vs the computer ai is night and day in franchise mode. I've tried adjusting sliders and strategies but my players still act terrible. The computer ai supports each other while board play is going on and my guys always line up in awful positions. Not to mention the computer puck control is way better and they still do that entire skate around with one guy in the neutral zone until they finally find an opening while you can't do squat.

I don't mind getting burned when I'm caught chasing which I do a lot but the other aspects annoy me to no end. Oh also how my guys are never ready to breakout and just stand around when receiving a puck.

Blah might just stick to eashl. I want 2k back badly.

xhiggy83

Sep 24, 2015
Could anyone with the game give me the full individual player attributes (ie. skating, skills, physical etc.) for the entire Ottawa Senators roster? I'm not getting the game for a little while and want to update my NHL 15 Sens. If you can add in some of the better AHL Binghamton players such as Prince, Puempel and Wideman that would be a major bonus. Would be much appreciated.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist; EA are evil!!! I'm making a fool out of there AI and beat it game after game in superstar to get som coins... It gets increasingly more difficult despite it being the same difficulty level game after game.. But the last game really bugged me. I'm not letting the AI get a single shot off in the first period and limit it to one in the second... It scored on that one shot (a floater from the blue line that mysteriously changed direction mid flight despite there not being anyone there to redirect)... Whatever.. 1-1 the score and the AI just goes Cortana on my ass and playes unbelievable hockey in the third, limiting me to a few seconds in the offensive zone.. Lehner saves me and I manage to get a prime scoring chance and put it away with less than a minute to go......

Computer quits on me (lost connection to ea) and I get the loss!! Hahahahahajahahhaha

SaltySnipes*

Not too sure about this game I like a challenge but I think my own ayers ai vs the computer ai is night and day in franchise mode. I've tried adjusting sliders and strategies but my players still act terrible. The computer ai supports each other while board play is going on and my guys always line up in awful positions. Not to mention the computer puck control is way better and they still do that entire skate around with one guy in the neutral zone until they finally find an opening while you can't do squat.

I don't mind getting burned when I'm caught chasing which I do a lot but the other aspects annoy me to no end. Oh also how my guys are never ready to breakout and just stand around when receiving a puck.

Blah might just stick to eashl. I want 2k back badly.

Haha unreal bud. This game is garbage and has been for a long time... and I agree. 2K was the greatest other than NHL 2003 and NHL 94.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So i am finally getting used to this game. I am playing on super star and hardcore and winning most games 3 or 4 to 1 or nothing. Took a while to learn how they want me to pass and where to score from. However now that I can play the huge flaws in the game modes are just driving me crazy.

Be A Pro I went CHL and had a 250 point season. Had 100 goals and 150 assists with a +/- of 220 something. Easily shattering any records that could have been held and i didn't get drafted. WHAT THE FLYING ****. Not only should I have gone 1st over all teams like the penguins should be trying to trade crosby, malkin, and letang plus 5 years 1st rounders to get me.... but nope. UN ****ING DRAFTED. Mode is trash until they fix that. Even if they do fix it i don't see myself doing that again. GARBAGE!

Be A GM. Sim agent is ****ing trash. I build an allstar team. Miss or barely make the play offs. I tank to get a high draft pick? Go to the ****ing finales. I went to the ****ing FINALS with a 82 overall first line center. I had a 79 GOALIE. My highest defender was an 81. Most of my team was ****ing vets I signed to stupid 10m deals to hit the cap floor. The Morale system is broken. Either cheat and pick the second option or don't and lose morale.

EASHL is kinda fun kinda horrible. Drop ins players dont pass. Defenders don't defend. So that sucks. Club games are a lot of fun but the AI goalies are way too ****ing good. I have a replay of a goalie mid dive cut up and make a different dive to stop a cross crease. The cross crease on AI goalies just doesn't ****ing work in EASHL. Whenever we play AI goalies we take a slap shot from the point with 3 guys in front. The deflections score almost everytime unless a defender magically catches the puck on his stick. Playing 6v6 EASHL is actually a lot of fun though. We had some really awesome really competitive games.

I usually don't jump into hut until I can smoke the computer 10-0 on the hardest difficulties and although I am getting their I doubt i play hut in this game.

I don't hate the game completely but i am angry at it.

They fixed Be A Pro in that it isn't Live The Life anymore. They ****ing interviews were so stupid after half a season. Just GARBAGE. So they got rid of that which is awesome. They made the grading system WAY ****ING harder which is cool however doing one or two bad things doesnt ruin your grade anymore so that is really ****ing cool.

In Be A GM they fixed what some players think they are worth. You would get 87 overalls asking for 10m in year 3 or 4 in NHL 13-15. If anything they over compensated and now players don't ask for enough. You can build really stacked teams and keep them together for way to long. In NHL 13-15 after 3 or 4 years of a stacked team you ussually have to move someone out to keep it together. Kinda like real life and the **** Chicago just went through and the Penguins did after Crosby and Malkins deal. If they made SUPER STARS ask for more and kept what depth players where asking for i think they would really be onto something. NO WAY Stamkos should resign for 7m as a UFA after making 5.5m. In my current season Kopitar is also signed for 7m. If Derek Stepan is making 6.5 than Kopitar and Stamkos need to be going for 9.5m AT THE VERY LEAST.

I do like FA a lot better though. 3-4 weeks in and you can still find decent guys. Shane Doan was an 84 overall and was still a free agent come season start.

I wish the GM's didn't all play the same. Losing GM's play the same as Winning. They should know they are losing and make the according trades and so should winning GM's.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Just lost to the worst opponent I've ever played 4-1. 4 back door goals with sticks in the way. Doubled him in shots, toa and he had an under 35 passing percentage. Carey Price is a god in net. I like using the Leafs because they're my team but they're just so badly rated.

Aug 6, 2012
I don't understand how this game plays smooth and decent paced offline, and like a complete slog online. The passing might be a symptom of the engine playing like crap to be honest.

It's like everything is delayed online. Players move slow, skating feels horrible. I'm not BSing either. Go play a game against the CPU and then go play a game of online versus. The difference is staggering. Even when i did win online, it felt boring as ****.

You're not alone man. This game is so putrid online its embarrassing.

SaltySnipes*

Until people stop buying the **** product, they will continue to skimp on features and the key components that need to be worked on won't. Really, that whole staff of 'Rammer's minions really needs to go. All of them. They're garbage. Bring in some of the EHM guys if you can, and make the game right...

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I'm so sick of ballerina's. I can't believe they made passing even WORSE in this game. I'm playing with fricking NHL players and they can't complete or handle a simple damn pass. What a crock.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I really hope they can tune the game. I've played a few online games and man it's just not fun. It feels like I'm watching fourth graders play house league. Everyone runs into eachother, no one can hold onto the puck, passes and shots bounce off everything and never get where you want, etc.

EASHL was fun but my teammates are rarely on:-(

The fact that everyone is getting drafted so low in BAP makes me not want to play that either til it's fixed.

I'm a sucker and I still have fun with these games no matter what but I hope they improve the game with updates

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I really hope they can tune the game. I've played a few online games and man it's just not fun. It feels like I'm watching fourth graders play house league. Everyone runs into eachother, no one can hold onto the puck, passes and shots bounce off everything and never get where you want, etc.

EASHL was fun but my teammates are rarely on:-(

The fact that everyone is getting drafted so low in BAP makes me not want to play that either til it's fixed.

I'm a sucker and I still have fun with these games no matter what but I hope they improve the game with updates

They better tune this game, but knowing EA they probably won't. I don't think they did anything for the entirety of NHL 15.

Can anyone tell me why my players never get loose pucks? Every time I poke it away it goes right back to the other team. However, every time I come in the guy pokes me and it goes away! I can't stand separating the puck from the player every time but he gets it right back.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This game ****ing blows. I was always able to look past flaws, glitches, etc. and enjoy the heck out of NHL games. But this game is literally unplayable. Playing with the puck is atrocious if you're not in the offensive zone (where it's also pretty crap). It's like the main focus of the development team was to figure out ways for the puck carrier to lose the puck. When I'm in my own zone I'll just get bum rushed before I can do anything with the puck and I'll lose it so easily. If I feel like I've got a bit of room to skate, someone will come up behind me and poke it away or lift my stick or just skate into my stick and I'll lose the puck. It's so stupid. I hate when people rag the puck, but come on, it's ridiculous how easy it is to lose the puck.

If you do get the puck in the offensive zone, the passing can be pretty crappy and no point passing it to the point cause all your shots will be blocked or poked off your stick somehow the other way. If you get a breakaway, either the other defender will check you or the goalie will poke you before you even reach the crease. Almost impossible to pull off a move and a shot without being poke checked.

There's no speed in the game either. It's like the Canucks vs the Flames when you have it in your own zone cause you'll get rushed before you can break out with any speed or fluidity. Using the speed burst hardly feels like it makes you go any faster anyways. Was playing with the Avs and wasn't noticing much difference between Duchene and Tanguay or Iginla. When I did notice a speed burst in favour of Duchene, it was never fast enough to give me any sort of advantage.

This game is just bad and I have no desire to play it. I was winning 4-1 earlier and I wasn't enjoying myself at all, even though I was beating an annoying two man team. To put the icing on the cake, I was kicked off the EA servers before the game even ended.

I'm sure there's other annoying crap that happens that I can't remember. Just remembered one though: ringing it around the boards. Why does the puck always fly at 140 km/h around the boards when I just want to switch it over to the other winger? Ridiculous.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm so happy I didn't buy a brand new console and the game after reading some posts and reviews online.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No kidding. I could intercept a pass or something and start to move out of my zone as a defenceman but the ****ing forwards will be behind me or skating sideways towardst the boards. Who the **** am I supposed to pass to?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This game ****ing blows. I was always able to look past flaws, glitches, etc. and enjoy the heck out of NHL games. But this game is literally unplayable. Playing with the puck is atrocious if you're not in the offensive zone (where it's also pretty crap). It's like the main focus of the development team was to figure out ways for the puck carrier to lose the puck. When I'm in my own zone I'll just get bum rushed before I can do anything with the puck and I'll lose it so easily. If I feel like I've got a bit of room to skate, someone will come up behind me and poke it away or lift my stick or just skate into my stick and I'll lose the puck. It's so stupid. I hate when people rag the puck, but come on, it's ridiculous how easy it is to lose the puck.

If you do get the puck in the offensive zone, the passing can be pretty crappy and no point passing it to the point cause all your shots will be blocked or poked off your stick somehow the other way. If you get a breakaway, either the other defender will check you or the goalie will poke you before you even reach the crease. Almost impossible to pull off a move and a shot without being poke checked.

There's no speed in the game either. It's like the Canucks vs the Flames when you have it in your own zone cause you'll get rushed before you can break out with any speed or fluidity. Using the speed burst hardly feels like it makes you go any faster anyways. Was playing with the Avs and wasn't noticing much difference between Duchene and Tanguay or Iginla. When I did notice a speed burst in favour of Duchene, it was never fast enough to give me any sort of advantage.

This game is just bad and I have no desire to play it. I was winning 4-1 earlier and I wasn't enjoying myself at all, even though I was beating an annoying two man team. To put the icing on the cake, I was kicked off the EA servers before the game even ended.

I'm sure there's other annoying crap that happens that I can't remember. Just remembered one though: ringing it around the boards. Why does the puck always fly at 140 km/h around the boards when I just want to switch it over to the other winger? Ridiculous.

And that sucks that the EA headquarters is like 10 minutes from my house:laugh:. But overall you guys are demoralizing me. I just ordered this game. Not to many positive comments around here.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
it is very tough to get balance in this game. I have it on pro and the computer can light my goalie up every third shot and almost every game ends up being something like 8-6 or a minimum of 5 goals per game per side with the cpu getting 6 goals in 10 shots lol.....I put it on rookie and I win 16-0. I shouldn't have to sit there and adjust the sliders to make it a competitive or realistic like game. I am going to try the highest skill level when I get home today but so far the offensive game play is quite poor in puck control and movement in the offensive zone.....and body checking is very brutal.

oh well. the GM mode is back to being on par with 14 at least.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyone else having issues with drop passes? Last iterations I could make really nice plays utilizing the drop pass but now the trailing player almost always misses the god damn pass or my player just totally passes in the wrong direction. :facepalm:

And ditto how annoying it is losing the puck in the defensive zone. It's not even realistic steals from the opposition. Furthermore, the AI in your zone even with sliders adjusted are pass gods who can make super fast crisp completely blind passes to their teammates for one timers. The balance is absurd.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
it is very tough to get balance in this game. I have it on pro and the computer can light my goalie up every third shot and almost every game ends up being something like 8-6 or a minimum of 5 goals per game per side with the cpu getting 6 goals in 10 shots lol.....I put it on rookie and I win 16-0. I shouldn't have to sit there and adjust the sliders to make it a competitive or realistic like game. I am going to try the highest skill level when I get home today but so far the offensive game play is quite poor in puck control and movement in the offensive zone.....and body checking is very brutal.

oh well. the GM mode is back to being on par with 14 at least.

I usually put the Goalies sliders up a notch, both for the Computer and yourself. That usually helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad