**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Guys, with all these horrible things i'm reading here about this game, especially Santarelli's post, can you pls tell me if all these problems going on with passes, steals, can't get puck out of zone, etc..... are these only happening ONLINE.. or is it offline, too?

Can you get good games going offline, or is the gameplay this bad offline, too?

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Guys, with all these horrible things i'm reading here about this game, especially Santarelli's post, can you pls tell me if all these problems going on with passes, steals, can't get puck out of zone, etc..... are these only happening ONLINE.. or is it offline, too?

I think the problem with offline is the other teams AI has no percent of error. You have to make everything happen or you will lose. Even players rates in the lower 70's never make a mistake. They are all Selke caliber forwards and your teams AI struggles to keep up.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
I think the problem with offline is the other teams AI has no percent of error. You have to make everything happen or you will lose. Even players rates in the lower 70's never make a mistake. They are all Selke caliber forwards and your teams AI struggles to keep up.

Thanks Patrice, but can't i tweak the CPU sliders. Like if they are faster and steal the puck from me, i make my player acceleration higher, and theirs very low.. if they pass perfectly, i put their pass accuracy at 0, and if i am having a hard time connecting my passes, i put my Pass Accuracy at MAX and my Pass Interceptions at 0.

can't i adjust all this to make the game perfect?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

All the stuff I'm saying happened online for me, I never play offline. Played a few games offline when I got the game but it's pretty boring. Pro level was really easy, and the next level was sort of just random. Couldn't be bothered to adjust the sliders.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
And that sucks that the EA headquarters is like 10 minutes from my house:laugh:. But overall you guys are demoralizing me. I just ordered this game. Not to many positive comments around here.

The game is very fun EASHL is the most i play and my team doesn't have a problem scoring on the AI goalie (We average about 6 goals a game). The passing is like real life passing you have to lead the players once you get it down its so easy. (Also saucer pass in this game is OP) My club is in Div 1 and we're probably the only team that doesn't cheese :) in Div 1.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Do the people who developed this actually know how puck protection works in real life?

You use your body to shield an attacking player, not use to to spin around in a circle, avoid checks because the physics are garbage and score on the short side because the AI defense is too stupid to stay in position.

I'm not sure it was possible but i think this game is MORE cheese than 15, because of the garbage engine making playing actual hockey unrewarding and clunky.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Im getting really, really, REALLY sick of the computer team checks and poke checks being so over powered. They tap me, and my guy goes down like hes been shot. They never miss a poke check. FFS!!!

I was having fun playing the lower divisions offline in HUT. Now it is almost unbearable.

rustysvetz

Dec 16, 2009
Toronto
This will probably sound ranty but meh. I've been trying to enjoy this game but I just can't.

I think in my old age games have finally advanced to the point where I'm out of touch or something because I just cannot play this game.

I literally can't play a game without becoming angry and/or frustrated about something and that's a little sad to me because this is for recreation.

My AI teammates standing around on the breakout never in position meaning I have to skate/deke every puck out or stretch pass to a winger who is immediately in a compromising position.

Or maybe its never being able to complete a pass, finally find an opening after cycling the puck in the O zone, better believe I pass it to some other guy instead.

Need to switch to the player closest to the puck? It sends you to the guy dancing on the blueline just in time for the ai team to pass it to the outlet winger the player you just switched to is defending.

Inconsistency between my team AI and the other team; why do my guys intercept passes at a rate of about 1/3 the computer team, not pressure the puck carrier the same (sometimes I don't want to switch closest to the puck right away for reason above and positional reasons).

Playing online is boring. Rarely do I have a game versus someone who doesn't run the same play from the corner/halfboards repeatedly. Face the boards, protect puck and you can't get the puck off them you just have to play the odds at blocking or picking off the pass. I don't find this particularly entertaining. Even once I learn to block that pass and defend that.. still, boring.

EASHL is a different beast altogether, granted I've only played a dozen drop ins but rarely do I find myself in a close game as teams generally end up getting stacked somehow, but maybe that will even out over time. I generally play D since I am trying to improve that aspect of my game and that in itself is a chore online since rarely do you find yourself with support from your forwards... an occasionally from your D partner lol. That's how EASHL drop-ins have always been for sure but with the added difficulty in passing and general clunkiness it's all too easy to get caught in your own end while teammates wait for elite stretch passes.

And since this feels like I am basically relearning the NHL series all over again I am sure I can improve with time and I will get used to all the little nuances..i just wish they weren't so blood-boilingly frustrating to deal with as they make me want to do something else instead.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyone else notice that deflections almost never work anymore either? I get like 8 or 9 deflected shots on net a game and it's always the same save. Five hole, freeze puck.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Rustysvetz, I share all the same feelings as you, especially about how people just do the same thing online.

And BonMorrison, I also notice that. I'll be like "oh I got a tip!" but it's never anything. Never even looks remotely close to going in.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Anyone else notice that deflections almost never work anymore either? I get like 8 or 9 deflected shots on net a game and it's always the same save. Five hole, freeze puck.

I think a lot depends on the quality of shot coming in too now. I play as an Enforcer in EASHL for jokes and I get a lot of tip in goals, but the most frequent ones that go in are shots that are low and a little bit to the side of the net.

I have a question about player morale, what does it mean when a player is a "Presence" chemistry wise, I just got into Be a GM in this generation and Im trying to figure out what it means.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
One of the things that I have noticed as a huge change that has a lot of pro's and con's is the intuitive positioning of AI players in regards to give 'n go and skating around on the cycle. Say, as a RW, if you cross over to the left side on the break out the RW will intuitively skate to the opposite side, and if you are in the offensive zone, an AI skater will skate out of position to cover your spot while you roam. As a forward this is really nice because if you try to clog up the slot or screen the goalie, there generally won't be an AI on your team who just gets in your way and tries to do the same thing, it will go to the right place. However, on Defence, particularly in the offensive zone, but also in the defensive zone too, if you skate up to the top of the circle to get open for a pass, shot, check, or just to keep with the flow of the play, I've found that your partner will skate over to your side to cover, leaving their own entirely open while you're maybe 10 feet in front of them.

Obviously this is a feature that EA NHL will be keeping their eyes on and it will likely be adjusted through tuners as the year goes on but it's one of the bigger changes that I've noticed as an avid player of EASHL.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Soooooooooo reading all of this and I am glad no NHL 16 for PS3. I'll stick to 15.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The thing I hate about the low medium high potential system is that it never changes, I had a defense go from low elite to low top 4 to low top 6 to low top 2 ahl. Shouldn't he go from low elite to medium or high top 4 or 6? I think that really needs to change.

Bending and Tending

Dec 25, 2014
U.S.A.
Soooooooooo reading all of this and I am glad no NHL 16 for PS3. I'll stick to 15.

NHL 15 for old gen is still a waste

2qdr6ro.jpg

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
NHL 15 old gen is way better than NHL 16 new gen.

So tired of stealing the puck in the slot-ish area and my player won't turn to shoot it.
NHL 15 on old gen was still bad.

People seem to forget that after the pile of **** that was NHL 15 for next gen. The old gen edition wasn't great, either.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm watching videos of gameplay on YouTube and I still can't stand or get a feel for the gameplay look and feel on PS4/Xbone.

I honestly don't even know if I'm going to buy a new console since the game I mostly play is NHL and I just hate the look and feel of it. Ugh.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
NHL 15 on old gen was still bad.

People seem to forget that after the pile of **** that was NHL 15 for next gen. The old gen edition wasn't great, either.
I played it a lot and enjoyed it a lot more than I'm currently enjoying NHL 16. It was still flawed, but I feel like the game has taken a step back.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
15 for old-gen is really not that bad, like you guys are saying. it definitely felt different than 14, I played both games a ton online. online play for 15 was pretty good actually. saying it was as bad as next-gen isn't accurate at all.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys. I'm in the playoffs of my first year in BAGM and my overtime game was still 3 on 3. Very weird. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine