**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2012
I barely lose online and can say without a doubt that this game blows. Every game is a ****show. I feel like I'm playing middle school hockey with the way this game flows. Just a bunch of dumb****s bumoinf into each other. Random **** that makes no sense happens all the damn time.

ProfessorMcFatty

I had similar bugs with Dennis Wideman, and for the longest time I thought it was him. It wound up being whatever player I put in that position. I ended up cancelling, removing all my defensemen, adding them back but with a different guy in the trouble spot, and... yeah I think there was some sprinkling of some goats blood, etc.

By the way, if you want to enjoy HUT, I highly recommend the single player seasons. You have something to be ambitious for, barring the bugs there you can actually pick a league each 'season' based on your skill level, and you won't be playing all stacked & packed teams in the bottom division.

I'd say HUT single season until at least you have solid 84+ across the board.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can get my team working, and stick to single player for a bit.

SaltySnipes*

When this game is on hardcore superstar simulation, does it feel like real hockey? During a gm mode season, when you're playing an important game do you actually feel immersed into it? Is there a proper challenge without the AI getting stupid advantages over you? Ice tilt etc. Are the shots on goal somewhat realistic? Do AI teammates actually play their positions and go to the boards for breakout passes?

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
When this game is on hardcore superstar simulation, does it feel like real hockey? During a gm mode season, when you're playing an important game do you actually feel immersed into it? Is there a proper challenge without the AI getting stupid advantages over you? Ice tilt etc. Are the shots on goal somewhat realistic? Do AI teammates actually play their positions and go to the boards for breakout passes?

Sort of. The puck control is volatile, depending on the talent level on the ice.
No.
Varies per game. I had some games where I thought the game flowed fair. If the opposing team pinched at the wrong time I could get a breakaway if my fast winger was on the ice. I had another game where Luke Schenn deked and outskated two of my players and scored top shelf on a wrist shot, while he was on the PK.

I really disliked the aggression and hitting power at times. Even when it was set to zero, for both squads, the AI could use guys like Gerbe and Ennis to knock guys like Bjugstad and Jagr on their butt, with little momentum to boot.

the AI one timers are hard and very accurate. The games I played where the AI wouldn't constantly try the one timer, the stats were fairly accurate IMO to a real game.

Your defensemen are useless around the net. Especially when the other team starts trying one timers every possession.

SaltySnipes*

Sort of. The puck control is volatile, depending on the talent level on the ice.
No.
Varies per game. I had some games where I thought the game flowed fair. If the opposing team pinched at the wrong time I could get a breakaway if my fast winger was on the ice. I had another game where Luke Schenn deked and outskated two of my players and scored top shelf on a wrist shot, while he was on the PK.

I really disliked the aggression and hitting power at times. Even when it was set to zero, for both squads, the AI could use guys like Gerbe and Ennis to knock guys like Bjugstad and Jagr on their butt, with little momentum to boot.

the AI one timers are hard and very accurate. The games I played where the AI wouldn't constantly try the one timer, the stats were fairly accurate IMO to a real game.

Your defensemen are useless around the net. Especially when the other team starts trying one timers every possession.

Appreciate it. I will be skipping buying it again then this year. 2K really needs to come back.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When you go into "play game", go to "edit lines" and hit Y(if you use xbox, or triangle for PS4) and it will say "view opponent's lines" or something like that.

Not quite what I mean. In the old games you could simply go to "view lines" in your Be-a-GM screen and literally scroll through the teams one by one and look at their lines. Is that functionality still in NHL 16?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Not quite what I mean. In the old games you could simply go to "view lines" in your Be-a-GM screen and literally scroll through the teams one by one and look at their lines. Is that functionality still in NHL 16?

Nope. You can only look at your current opponent's lines as far as I know.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
No.

Very accurate assessment, why is it so hard for EA to make a good hockey game? FIFA is an amazing series and I never understood why they didn't approach hockey in a similar way instead of making it so unrealistic. The be a pro in Fifa is hands down the best in the line. All the control you have over your career and look. It's a shame they don't put that into NHL.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
So in GM mode is it possible to draft a guy in the 3rd round or below that will have the potential to be solid top 6 guy or Elite? Always bugs me that other than the first round, everyone else is crap.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think in Bap your draft position is based solely on coach feedback I'm going to test this theory using a grinder as the coach has very low expectations for them Offence B Defense C and Team play B- I'm thinking that if I meet / exceed the coaches request on average I will be drafted high.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So in GM mode is it possible to draft a guy in the 3rd round or below that will have the potential to be solid top 6 guy or Elite? Always bugs me that other than the first round, everyone else is crap.

Yeah its burtal. And once you hit 15 years in its like anyone that isn't a top 5 wont even break 80 overall.

However undrafted dudes will be better. I use FA and sort by protential and grab guys at 23 or younger who are in the 70's and have a bottom 6 or better. I ussually only go for two ways, grinders, powerfowards. Not playmakers or snipers. Every once in a while they will grow to be like 84 or 85.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yeah its burtal. And once you hit 15 years in its like anyone that isn't a top 5 wont even break 80 overall.

However undrafted dudes will be better. I use FA and sort by protential and grab guys at 23 or younger who are in the 70's and have a bottom 6 or better. I ussually only go for two ways, grinders, powerfowards. Not playmakers or snipers. Every once in a while they will grow to be like 84 or 85.

Just pisses me off so much. Yeah. Know how many first round picks that yzerman drafted for his cup finals team? Three. Namensikov, Drouin. Fourif you count our back up. Neither of them were relevant really.

Johnson, paquette, Palat, Kucherov, Nesterov, JT Brown. All brought in as underrated free agents or after the first round. Three of them composed of our top line. If having a first round pick was so essential Edmonton would be a dynasty. Jesus......

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Would be nice to see the draft be somewhat similar to Maddens' draft classes where you can find gems, or good niche players all the way to the 7th round.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014

Haven't experienced this with drafted players yet but I had Nikita Korostelev (7th round pick) start from top 9 potential and grow to elite and 87 overall. He'll probably still grow since I haven't gone father than three or so years on that GM mode. So I guess it is possible to find gems that way. That's way more realistic because you can't expect to find elite potential guys in later rounds but they can now turn into elite even though their starting potential is low.

I'd like to ask those who complain, have you actually experimented the new GM mode thoroughly? Or are you just basing your complaints on previous games?

Last edited:

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Haven't experienced this with drafted players yet but I had Nikita Korostelev (7th round pick) start from top 9 potential and grow to elite and 87 overall. He'll probably still grow since I haven't gone father than three or so years on that GM mode. So I guess it is possible to find gems that way. That's way more realistic because you can't expect to find elite potential guys in later rounds but they can now turn into elite even though their starting potential is low.

I'd like to ask those who complain, have you actually experimented the new GM mode thoroughly? Or are you just basing your complaints on previous games?

Previous years I have. This year I only done one draft. It is why I asked. ;)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Previous years I have. This year I only done one draft. It is why I asked. ;)

I've done three drafts now and I've really found some steals. In the first round in the first year I was picking 7th overall and 16th overall. Picked Sean Day at 7 with top 4 potential. Guy I picked at 16 had Elite potential, only other guy in the draft with elite potential.

And I actually had quite a few guys whose potential was way better than what my scouting said, had a couple guys in later rounds who my scouts said we're AHL top 6 or bottom 6 even only to see their potential change to bottom 6 or top 9 nhl potential.

Something I found REALLY weird. I was doing a draft and the 2nd round 8 teams in a row (besides me) ALL took a goalie, one after another. It was bizarre.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I've done three drafts now and I've really found some steals. In the first round in the first year I was picking 7th overall and 16th overall. Picked Sean Day at 7 with top 4 potential. Guy I picked at 16 had Elite potential, only other guy in the draft with elite potential.

And I actually had quite a few guys whose potential was way better than what my scouting said, had a couple guys in later rounds who my scouts said we're AHL top 6 or bottom 6 even only to see their potential change to bottom 6 or top 9 nhl potential.

Something I found REALLY weird. I was doing a draft and the 2nd round 8 teams in a row (besides me) ALL took a goalie, one after another. It was bizarre.

That is really reassuring. My only draft. Picked third overall. Top 6 High Potential. (I purposely did fantasy draft and drafted a team of all 50 to 60 overall players. Only exceptions Proporov on Defense and Marner on Offense. And the Goalies. Marakov and Gudlevskies. Both mid 70's for overalls.) After that. All of them were bottom 6 NHLers, from the 2nd through the 7th. Beside one that was a top 2 AHL Defenseman. I'm hoping some of their potential changes through the course of the year, but I don't really know..

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Hey guys I've asked this a couple of times and no one has answered. Can you play with the Legends against say an international team like Denmark or are Legends only for HUT?

Also for those who don't have it and don't want to pay the $79.99 I found NHL 16 at Costco this morning for $69.99

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

AI is so annoying in this game still. Superstar difficulty isn't a superstar opponent, it's superstar luck.

Tripled the AI in possession, doubled in shots. Lost in OT to an untipped, unscreened point shot wrister.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I barely lose online and can say without a doubt that this game blows. Every game is a ****show. I feel like I'm playing middle school hockey with the way this game flows. Just a bunch of dumb****s bumoinf into each other. Random **** that makes no sense happens all the damn time.

I totally agree on this. Random **** happens all the time and Pokepokepokepoke + bumpin in to everything + in HUT Darren freaking Helm should go for 200k and Corey Perry should go for 100 coins since ALL THAT MATTERS is the freaking speed and Pokepokepokepoke

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I got two major charging penalties for clean hits in my last online game...

Two games ago I was absolutely working the kid. I scored 5 pretty good goals and hit the post a few times. All he did is take it over the blue line, hold the puck behind him and glide to one side until the goalie went out of position and fired a wrister far side from the blue line uncontested and scored. Scored 4 goals like that and had one lucky one that I dont even know how it went in. Get to a shootout and he does that same glide thing and scores all 3 times. Like how do kids even think the game is fun when they do that ****? These kids care about their record way too much, go get some fresh air...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad