**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I started as a 51 overall and through 2 seasons I'm up to 68 while playing the third period of every game and getting on average a 'B'. I've racked up the experience points, I honestly don't think simming the first two periods should have THAT much impact when I consistently get lots of XP every game.

Has anyone else started as a 15/16 year old in BAP and got drafted on their first chance? What was your play amount and overall when drafted?

Did you get any messages saying something like "i feel your not into it" or something like that and then get demoted a line?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Okay, this will sound like the biggest crybaby question or statement ever, but how in god's green earth do you F&*)(#$%^&*(#$^*%^@%) defend?

Like seriously, on anything but the lowest difficulty level I cannot stop them. If they have the puck they will get the zone every time. If I am parallel to them, they will lose me behind the net. If I try and go ahead of them, they cut back and do three consecutive passes. If I'm behind them even one step, well forget it.

Literally the only thing I can do is control a player and take him nowhere near the puck carrier and let them shoot and pass in my zone all day and night and hope I break it up or get the rebound.

Suffice it to say, coming the other way, any contact and I lose the puck, no matter if I'm protecting it, if I'm stick handling it away, if I'm facing them, if they hit me from the puck, or the back, or the side.

What basic fundamental issue -- and it ****HAS**** to be a fundamental issue because I refuse to believe they would design a game like this without something completely obvious that a ^&*)(%$^#(#%^)( idiot *^&(#$({) #$ assducking idiot like me can't get -- am I missing?

EDIT: Yes, the tilt is real :P but I stand by the basic substance. Any tutorials on one-on-one defending would be super useful. I'm getting clowned by teams with 10 less points across the board.

I think the AI this year is pretty good at cycling the puck around (perhaps using a little cheat logic to make it work sometimes). When this happens, I try my best to keep my defender between the puck carrier and the net, using my stick to block passing lanes. They will sometimes get a shot or two, but as long as I can keep them from getting an easy cross ice one timer, I'll get the puck and break it out, ice it, or have my goalie cover it up and get a faceoff.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I started as a 51 overall and through 2 seasons I'm up to 68 while playing the third period of every game and getting on average a 'B'. I've racked up the experience points, I honestly don't think simming the first two periods should have THAT much impact when I consistently get lots of XP every game.

Has anyone else started as a 15/16 year old in BAP and got drafted on their first chance? What was your play amount and overall when drafted?

Did you get messages about the draft during your draft year? Like "this is a big year for you because it's your draft year". It's weird if you didn't, I'll admit that. Are you sure it was your draft year?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
After some research on various other sites, being drafted has more to do with your overall at the time of the draft than anything.

If you play every single game, you'll earn way more XP to buff your player up to a higher Overall, so in essence, simming does have a huge negative effect. Stats don't mean anything at this point, just your overall at the time of the draft.

From the research, it seems you need to be at least a 70-72 overall to get drafted in the 7th round.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Did you get any messages saying something like "i feel your not into it" or something like that and then get demoted a line?
I started my first season on the 3rd line and worked my up to the first after 20-30 games and never got demoted once.

Did you get messages about the draft during your draft year? Like "this is a big year for you because it's your draft year". It's weird if you didn't, I'll admit that. Are you sure it was your draft year?
I got a few messages through the year of where they thought I'd be drafted, mostly it was the later rounds until after the Memorial Cup where they stated they don't think I'll get drafted. The draft came and a message popped up saying I was not drafted and to try harder next season.

I'm going to try simming the season and applying the weekly training stuff to boost my overal up to a 71-72 to see if I get drafted without playing any games.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
After some research on various other sites, being drafted has more to do with your overall at the time of the draft than anything.

If you play every single game, you'll earn way more XP to buff your player up to a higher Overall, so in essence, simming does have a huge negative effect. Stats don't mean anything at this point, just your overall at the time of the draft.

From the research, it seems you need to be at least a 70-72 overall to get drafted in the 7th round.

I'm currently 69 playing OHL playoffs and I'm projected going in 3rd round.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
im a 67 in the playoffs. My agent has been telling me I'm going in the 6th pretty much all year. Ill let you guys know when I finish the playoffs.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is there a way to view other teams lines in Be-A-GM? I feel like I've searched everywhere. I like seeing them after several seasons to see how they shape up and it's frustrating if there's no way now.

Also is there a faster way to make increasing dollar amounts on the Edit-a-Player contracts? It takes sooo long when you have to edit a players contract to a larger one.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Keep us updated, I'm reallllly curious on what is going on.

Sure thing. For some background I started the season with a plan of simming one game and then playing third period of the next game. After a while my agent told me I wont be drafted so I started playing every game. The next update was that I might go on later rounds or not at all. Then it was 7th, 5-6th, 4th and the last one was 3rd round. In the first half of the season I never reached my expectations in the evaluation period. Especially my offense was lacking. After I started getting A- for offense my ranking started climbing fast. I'll update how things progress from here.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
If you have to play every game for 3 season in CHL to get drafted they literally RUINED this game mode. Most people alreayd only play the third. You also have to get points every time you play or you lower your rating and in this game sometimes have to get several points per game or your offense sucks. So if you are not an 82pt play you are the worst.

Why the **** do they think everyone wants to be some super star putting up twice as many points as the competition. its insane.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I'm currently a 62 overall RW, 16 games into the WHL. I sim very few so this will take me a while. I meet my defensive and offensive targets most games but team play is a bit harder. I also think there might be a bug where my winger is being given the instruction to win face offs. So that'll keep team play down again.

currently coach is projecting I go in a middle round.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Sure thing. For some background I started the season with a plan of simming one game and then playing third period of the next game. After a while my agent told me I wont be drafted so I started playing every game. The next update was that I might go on later rounds or not at all. Then it was 7th, 5-6th, 4th and the last one was 3rd round. In the first half of the season I never reached my expectations in the evaluation period. Especially my offense was lacking. After I started getting A- for offense my ranking started climbing fast. I'll update how things progress from here.

What have you found to be the best way to reach the offensive goals? I had a game once with 2 goals and an assist and still wasn't an A- which was the goal. Do you spam deke or maybe pass a lot?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
What have you found to be the best way to reach the offensive goals? I had a game once with 2 goals and an assist and still wasn't an A- which was the goal. Do you spam deke or maybe pass a lot?

I can't speak for what works for the other guy, but while goals and assists do help, meeting the given instruction (in blue letters, one for each category) really pushes you over the line. Eg the coach may be looking for a specific kind of deke or pass. Combination of production plus listening to coach specifics.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The other day I posted about having a 4th line center who scored 21 goals in a year.
Turns out he wasn't a one-hit-wonder. Scored 22 goals in the next season :amazed:
Never seen anything like this

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I can't speak for what works for the other guy, but while goals and assists do help, meeting the given instruction (in blue letters, one for each category) really pushes you over the line. Eg the coach may be looking for a specific kind of deke or pass. Combination of production plus listening to coach specifics.

The one that just kills my production is screen the goalie. I would stand in front of the goalie and my teammates never shoot. They always pass me the puck instead. Anyone found a way to do this one properly?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
The one that just kills my production is screen the goalie. I would stand in front of the goalie and my teammates never shoot. They always pass me the puck instead. Anyone found a way to do this one properly?

I've had a couple of those work by getting a good cycle going then passing to a team mate and quickly scooting in front of the goalie while they set up a shot. It's very hit and miss.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Does anyone know where to get the deluxe code for the digital preorder for Xbox One?

Didn't have an email or anything..don't wanna miss out.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

The other day I posted about having a 4th line center who scored 21 goals in a year.
Turns out he wasn't a one-hit-wonder. Scored 22 goals in the next season :amazed:
Never seen anything like this

Brandon Sutter? minus the follow up season :naughty:

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
The AI's defense in online is ridiculous and it's been like that for the past two games now. People don't even control the player nearest to the puck because they know that the CPU will just play defense for them. Also, the fact that literally NOTHING goes through when there's someone in front of you (a pass or a shot) is dumb. It dumbs the game down dramatically. Not sure if they know this put the puck is really tiny and it's possible to thread it through someone's skates or through their skate/stick area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad