**NHL 16 Thread** Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2012
The AI's defense in online is ridiculous and it's been like that for the past two games now. People don't even control the player nearest to the puck because they know that the CPU will just play defense for them. Also, the fact that literally NOTHING goes through when there's someone in front of you (a pass or a shot) is dumb. It dumbs the game down dramatically. Not sure if they know this put the puck is really tiny and it's possible to thread it through someone's skates or through their skate/stick area.

That's what defense is in this game. Just sit in the slot spamming poke. It sucks.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Anyone have trouble finding versus games? I literally haven't connected to one since the full game came out. In the preview, everything worked perfectly but now I can't find a single person to play. Says "failed to retrieve data; please try again later"

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
What have you found to be the best way to reach the offensive goals? I had a game once with 2 goals and an assist and still wasn't an A- which was the goal. Do you spam deke or maybe pass a lot?

Lots of breakout passes, some dekes, shots and feeding the slot, staying in front of the net deflecting shots. That's about it. And not turning the puck over or not getting your shots blocked helps. Deflecting shots is pretty efficient way to get that offense because you get 50 xp points for just deflecting the puck.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Okay, so I'm playing HUT single player seasons.

I'm on Season 5, Rank 11.

I want to enter "Silver 3.5 star" league.

Requirements are:

Team Star Rating not to exceed 3.5
Max. Team Chemistry rating: 90
Min. Silver players: 3

I have 3.5 stars, 90 chemistry and 3 silver players, and it says my lineup is ineligible. I even tried dropping my chemisty to below 90, no dice.

I'm SOOOOO confused. Please tell me this is yet another bug my dumb old self can't figure out :P

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The AI's defense in online is ridiculous and it's been like that for the past two games now. People don't even control the player nearest to the puck because they know that the CPU will just play defense for them. Also, the fact that literally NOTHING goes through when there's someone in front of you (a pass or a shot) is dumb. It dumbs the game down dramatically. Not sure if they know this put the puck is really tiny and it's possible to thread it through someone's skates or through their skate/stick area.

You do have a valid point.. At this point I'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is.. a semi-improvement over 15 - LOL :shakehead

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The one that just kills my production is screen the goalie. I would stand in front of the goalie and my teammates never shoot. They always pass me the puck instead. Anyone found a way to do this one properly?

You have to stand in front and call for a shot.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
See they took the HF route and have unproven prospects better then actual NHL players. Not in rankings but in gameplay.

This. Seems like most of the already proven young players have no potential to grow, let's say like Klefbom or Lazar whereas some 5h round picks have high top 6 potentials. It's bad.

Btw in be a pro when you get to the OHL playoffs be careful you don't accidentally sim the games after round 1. I had an option "Sim to the draft" after winning the first round. I pressed it and suddenly it had simmed 14 games. Had to go back to my save file.

One thing I noticed from this is that your speed actually gets better in simulation. Just something you might want to know.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I tried using trading team change cards to make pucks and get team collections. I don't see how anyone makes money as they're all over 1k. Have 6.7k and my players contracts are running out so might build a team and then go up to 20k or so.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I tried using trading team change cards to make pucks and get team collections. I don't see how anyone makes money as they're all over 1k. Have 6.7k and my players contracts are running out so might build a team and then go up to 20k or so.

Buy low, sell high.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Quick question, does NHL 16 come with a coupon to NHL Game Center like last year? really bummed I missed out on that 25 dollar off coupon.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island

All it takes is one card to really get you going. If you can pull one as a lot of people buy them with real money you're set as you can sell it for a lot of coins. Otherwise like the other poster said you have to find a guy that say sells for around 10k and you find a way to get him for 7k. Resell for market value and you gain 3k profit. Eventually you make more as you can find better cards for better deals and the more you have the more you can spend and sell. It doesn't happen overnight.

ProfessorMcFatty

Tried HUT mode, pretty disappointed in the experience.

My first three games were all against ridiculously stacked teams and I lost badly. Since I'm already in the worst division, the only thing I can do is pick up a few better players. Apparently there is no longer a "set best lineup" option, and it's also more annoying to change out players.

After getting a valid lineup set, a bug just pulls out 2 healthy players (with contracts) and tells me that I have an invalid lineup. Realizing the bug is associated with those 2 players, I try to sell them. I get an error message saying that I can't sell players from my active lineup, even though I can't put them in (or take them out of) my lineup.

So, now the only thing I can think of is scrapping my team and starting over. Disappointing

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Is there a way to view other teams lines in Be-A-GM? I feel like I've searched everywhere. I like seeing them after several seasons to see how they shape up and it's frustrating if there's no way now.

Also is there a faster way to make increasing dollar amounts on the Edit-a-Player contracts? It takes sooo long when you have to edit a players contract to a larger one.

When you go into "play game", go to "edit lines" and hit Y(if you use xbox, or triangle for PS4) and it will say "view opponent's lines" or something like that.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Tried HUT mode, pretty disappointed in the experience.

My first three games were all against ridiculously stacked teams and I lost badly. Since I'm already in the worst division, the only thing I can do is pick up a few better players. Apparently there is no longer a "set best lineup" option, and it's also more annoying to change out players.

After getting a valid lineup set, a bug just pulls out 2 healthy players (with contracts) and tells me that I have an invalid lineup. Realizing the bug is associated with those 2 players, I try to sell them. I get an error message saying that I can't sell players from my active lineup, even though I can't put them in (or take them out of) my lineup.

So, now the only thing I can think of is scrapping my team and starting over. Disappointing

I had similar bugs with Dennis Wideman, and for the longest time I thought it was him. It wound up being whatever player I put in that position. I ended up cancelling, removing all my defensemen, adding them back but with a different guy in the trouble spot, and... yeah I think there was some sprinkling of some goats blood, etc.

By the way, if you want to enjoy HUT, I highly recommend the single player seasons. You have something to be ambitious for, barring the bugs there you can actually pick a league each 'season' based on your skill level, and you won't be playing all stacked & packed teams in the bottom division.

I'd say HUT single season until at least you have solid 84+ across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad