**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Wow this all "EASHL vs Versus" is pretty funny guys... but maybe it's time to let it go ? I mean... we get it... stop beofre you look like a bunch of 12 y/o boys at recess.

There is a lot of complaining for a game that is not even lunched... I'll buy it like I do every year, I like to play with my friends once in a while and we have a lot of fun. There's not only hardcore gamers you know...

Oh, and before anyone starts it... yeah, you're probably better than me in VS AND EASHL... :help:

jonyro84

Aug 25, 2012
rancho cucamonga, ca
A lot of vs players have no idea how to play positional hockey, because they don't have to in vs.

There also aren't very many good vs players at all, the talent pool is definitely stronger in EASHL

despite being essentially the same game mode, I would say your statement is untrue if you look at hard core GMC players. I have found the guys in the connected leagues far more talented and much more knowledgeable about how the game is played than in typical vs. Mode. But I guess it won't matter, cuz if EASHL is out GMC certainly is as well

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
o4ytig5.png

EASHL confirmed! :sarcasm:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
nhl-15-toronto-acc.jpg

Not enough suits at the ACC... authenticity my ass :sarcasm:

Lol. Don't forget the fact that this is the beginning of a period and it looks like people are ACTUALLY in their seats and not in the long ass bathroom lines or food lines in the concourse. Real authentic :sarcasm:

In reality, the jumbotron looks good and the cup banners look in place. Our player number banners look nothing like they actually do.

Maple_Leafs_Banner_3.jpg

I know you can't include the player's names and likenesses due to copyrights and licenses, but can't you put a similar looking banner with the number on it and just a generic player in a Leaf jersey on it as well as just saying "HONORED" or "RETIRED" (for #5 and 6, with the inverted color schemes) instead of the player's names? I don't get it :huh:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
The HUT part of the demo is probably one of those things where you click it and it gives you a pop up of information about the game mode and maybe a picture, with nothing to play.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Apparently it was taken out this year and you can only do a full game of play now with 2 min periods.

which is almost the same exact thing as playing one 5 minute period.... they took away the hut tourney for a grand total of one extra minute of playing time in the demo.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
which is almost the same exact thing as playing one 5 minute period.... they took away the hut tourney for a grand total of one extra minute of playing time in the demo.

More than 6 minutes. Remember that the last minute of the 3rd is always in real time, as well as the last 10 seconds of the first 2 periods. Probably closer to 7 minutes.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
That commentary's pretty terrible. Doesn't sound organic at all. Compare the gameplay to actual NBC games. Even Doc's ''Scooores!'' sounds underwhelming. It's even more disappointing to go and check back those quotes about how the commentary was going to sound authentic in those early previews.

But as usual, EA's all about synonyms of ''innovative'' and ''great'' in their features listings and press releases rather than actual quality-product delivery.

But the overall presentation is quite nice, I must admit. Also, the graphics are very good to me.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
It makes me mad to see the goalies look so realistic in the cut scenes when they announce the starting goalies, and then see Hiller still do that weird dive animation to try and stop a breakaway. If they actually did butterfly slides and t-pushes like they did in the cut scenes in the game, it would be so much more realistic, and give a lot more variation in save sequences.

Overall it does look like a slight improvement, and gets me hopeful for 16, as if they're just laying down the visual groundwork and whatnot, and then next year it'll be more realistic. But still, a new game is supposed to be something you're dying to get your hands on, not something that looks like it'll be good in a year or two.

Oh well, it still looks fun. I just wish it was more like a real-life hockey game. I downloaded Fifa this year, and it's unbelievable how much better it is in almost every aspect. And I'm pretty far from a soccer fan. It mimics real soccer incredibly well, and they have mini-games and other things that would be really fun to have in an NHL game. I understand soccer is probably waaaay easier to animate compared to hockey, but going from Fifa to NHL leaves a lot to be desired.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Doc doesn't sound nearly as excited in the gameplay vid as he does on TV. I've never heard him sound so somber before.

Hopefully he recorded several versions of his play by play and they play the more intense version during rivalry games and playoffs games

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Oh well, it still looks fun. I just wish it was more like a real-life hockey game. I downloaded Fifa this year, and it's unbelievable how much better it is in almost every aspect. And I'm pretty far from a soccer fan. It mimics real soccer incredibly well, and they have mini-games and other things that would be really fun to have in an NHL game. I understand soccer is probably waaaay easier to animate compared to hockey, but going from Fifa to NHL leaves a lot to be desired.

I think this is why all of us see other games and think they're better than the NHL series. While the other games have more guys working on them/a bigger budget, it's our own knowledge and understanding of hockey that makes the NHL franchise seem so lackluster.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Doc doesn't sound nearly as excited in the gameplay vid as he does on TV. I've never heard him sound so somber before.

Hopefully he recorded several versions of his play by play and they play the more intense version during rivalry games and playoffs games

I think they recorded 7 different "intensity" levels. So I'm not worried about this gameplay.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It makes me mad to see the goalies look so realistic in the cut scenes when they announce the starting goalies, and then see Hiller still do that weird dive animation to try and stop a breakaway. If they actually did butterfly slides and t-pushes like they did in the cut scenes in the game, it would be so much more realistic, and give a lot more variation in save sequences.

Overall it does look like a slight improvement, and gets me hopeful for 16, as if they're just laying down the visual groundwork and whatnot, and then next year it'll be more realistic. But still, a new game is supposed to be something you're dying to get your hands on, not something that looks like it'll be good in a year or two.

I'm a FIFA addict but no, it really doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad