**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
So they announce anything about be a gm?

Also, do you guys think that Live the Life online will be on 360/ps3 or just ps4/xbone?

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
A couple things in response to (the often ridiculous things) I've read on this thread

1. AI: programming AI in a sports games is inherently difficult in any sports game due to the constant moving parts and those expecting perfect AI will be disapointed for a long time. A lot of you reminse over the 2K games which lagged way behind EA in this way; breakouts were designed in much the same way a point guard brings the ball up in a basketball game. I can't begin to understand the love the 2K series gets.
On the topic of AI, I've seen some disparage NHL compared to Fifa. Please play Fifa against a person and get back to me. Fifa 14 is a lovely looking/sounding game, but the AI from CBs (especially with lob lead passes) is far more frustrating than anything in the NHL series.

2. Commentary

The biggest complaint I've read about this is that it's to monotone/laid back. Ask yourself if you would rather play a game that consistenly has game 7 overtime type commentary or something from a meaningless game 22. I'm hoping that big games do influence tone, but regardless I'd rather have toned down rather than over the top. Maybe that's just me.

3. Games modes
There's not a single reasonable source that suggests EASHL isn't on next gen. Games have marketing schedules that are well thought out and planned far in advance. Furthermore, they're not subject to change based on .5% of the consumer base's illogical concerns. Relax, it'll be there

Not even.

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
Wait, all of this is from something on the back of a cover?

Looooooool

That makes this even funnier

I don't see how it's funny. If the back cover of the game says that it only supports 2 players online it means that it only supports 2 players online. It's not like Costco would photoshop this information on just to tease the fans.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Clearly fake.

It's not even in the format that EA/Microsoft does the back covers.

Why did EA send it to Costco, but no one else?

Why isn't it on their site?

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Clearly fake.

It's not even in the format that EA/Microsoft does the back covers.

Why did EA send it to Costco, but no one else?

Why isn't it on their site?
I viewed it on their site yesterday, on my phone so I don't have the link.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I meant EAs site. They wouldn't release it to vendors before putting it on their own site

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Looks like Mike Richards is 88 overall...

How in the world.

For the same reason Datsyuk has lower deking than Kane, Toews, Kessel, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux, Parise (and the same as Getzlaf, Perry, Zetterberg and many others). Yep, friends, Datsyuk's not even Top 10 in deking, judging by EA's tremendous expertise.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I hate how the puck just flies off the stick in a lot of those animations. Some of the passes and backhand shots I'm wondering how that is humanly possible. In fact, I wonder what goes through the minds of the animation people and producers when that gets shipped for the last 10 years or so.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Someone mentioned the Richards 88, but I didn't see the actual picture

NlfNBde.jpg

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Now the Rangers...

Moore as an 83 shows just how much defense and physicals count. Yet, Fast is rated 4 lower than Miller, showing that they just threw a random rating on a rookie they know nothing about...

Zuccarello as an 84 is laughable. Small player = bad rating

Zuccarello has never played on the left. Hagelin has never played on the right.

And best of all: Hagelin apparently became a star when I wasn't looking (physical and defense again)

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Someone mentioned the Richards 88, but I didn't see the actual picture

NlfNBde.jpg
That looks awful.

Maybe thats the screen you get when you're changing your lines in game or before a game when you go to play now.

Dont think this game is gonna make me wanna pick up a ps4, but I think i'll pick it up for ps3.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
One question for everyone...in the current HUT, most people just made alternate accounts and traded puck collections to these accounts to accumulate massive amounts of pucks.

Has this been avoided with NHL 15, given that to play it, you'll need a PS+ subscription on your account?

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
One question for everyone...in the current HUT, most people just made alternate accounts and traded puck collections to these accounts to accumulate massive amounts of pucks.

Has this been avoided with NHL 15, given that to play it, you'll need a PS+ subscription on your account?

I don't know anything about HUT but I do know that if the primary account on your PS4 has a PS+ subscription, any other account on your PS4 can access online features.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
EASHL confirmed as you can clearly see on the back of this very authentic/legitimate case.

347aafa1a2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad