**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conse

Jun 4, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
EASHL confirmed as you can clearly see on the back of this very authentic/legitimate case.

347aafa1a2.jpg

Golden hahahaha

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
2. Commentary

The biggest complaint I've read about this is that it's to monotone/laid back. Ask yourself if you would rather play a game that consistenly has game 7 overtime type commentary or something from a meaningless game 22. I'm hoping that big games do influence tone, but regardless I'd rather have toned down rather than over the top. Maybe that's just me.

Doc is the best play by play announcer in the world, nobody matches his passion for the sport and its an absolute shame that none of his raw emotion is captured in the game. As you pointed out - there may be alternate commentary for more important games, but as a guy who has listened to Doc call hundreds (maybe even a thousand) games, he's way more enthusiastic about a regular season contest in November than anything I've heard in NHL 15 so far. Its a disappointment.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
GTA 5 had 1-2 players online on the cover but there were 12 car races.

Exactly. Just looked at mine, and indeed this is the case.

But no, we need to overreact and assume EA would remove one of the most popular game modes, and arguably the only one who didn't need work.

Not only does 1-2 Online make no sense, because you can't play by yourself online, but it would also mean no more guests on online play, no more GMC.

Anyway you look at it, it's a silly notion.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Yeah the commentary isn't as good as I thought it would be, but its better then what it was. Ray Ferraro on the other hand sounds great.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Doc is the best play by play announcer in the world, nobody matches his passion for the sport and its an absolute shame that none of his raw emotion is captured in the game. As you pointed out - there may be alternate commentary for more important games, but as a guy who has listened to Doc call hundreds (maybe even a thousand) games, he's way more enthusiastic about a regular season contest in November than anything I've heard in NHL 15 so far. Its a disappointment.

Like stated before....they captured 7 levels of emotions....

I don't need him screaming going nuts in game 56 of the regular season.....as long as important games have it im fine.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Like stated before....they captured 7 levels of emotions....

I don't need him screaming going nuts in game 56 of the regular season.....as long as important games have it im fine.

Maybe EA could at least leave out level 1 so I don't fall asleep while playing regular season games!

Road Rage

May 21, 2010

But no, we need to overreact and assume EA would remove one of the most popular game modes, and arguably the only one who didn't need work.

Not only does 1-2 Online make no sense, because you can't play by yourself online, but it would also mean no more guests on online play, no more GMC.

That's not the case on mine.

10474690_10152412695543051_6086705256424060635_n.jpg

2-16 Network Players

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Doc being the best is a matter of opinion. And a wrong one at that. His voice and play by play belong on house radio for some local team.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
It's funny watching some of the VGHL guys going crazy over the lack of knowledge about OTP/EASHL for PS4. :laugh:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Looks like Mike Richards is 88 overall...

How in the world.
Kesler is 90 OVR ... Not much difference between the two in real life ...

Both are extremely overrated in the game because EA weighs defense too heavily (which is funny given the complete lack of defensive tools EA gives players and the lack of effect defensive attributes have in the sim engine).

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
For the same reason Datsyuk has lower deking than Kane, Toews, Kessel, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux, Parise (and the same as Getzlaf, Perry, Zetterberg and many others). Yep, friends, Datsyuk's not even Top 10 in deking, judging by EA's tremendous expertise.
EA has scouts :sarcasm:

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
I hate how in live the life it's impossible to get endorsements, and even more to become a captain. Hopefully they'll do something better for NHL15.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

For me, it's not so much the cover, it's that you've had thousands of people asking if it's in the game, and they're being ignored completely. Why wouldn't Rammer or anyone with EA acknowledge it's in it? That's the question I can't make sense of. They just keep saying we'll announce the modes next week, so maybe the name's been changed? Idk.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com

This is exactly why they told "Doc" to tone it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad