**NHL 15 thread** Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
That's the back of a Grand Theft Auto V case.
You're missing what I'm saying

What I mean is somebody said their GTA V case said 1-2 players (on current gen)
Somebody posted their previous gen version with 1-16

That means that even though the cases for NHL 15 on previous gen/current gen are different for how many players they say, it might mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the end product. GTA had the games say different things on the cases, while the current gen even though it only said 1-2, supported more than that.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You're missing what I'm saying

What I mean is somebody said their GTA V case said 1-2 players (on current gen)
Somebody posted their previous gen version with 1-16

That means that even though the cases for NHL 15 on previous gen/current gen are different for how many players they say, it might mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the end product. GTA had the games say different things on the cases, while the current gen even though it only said 1-2, supported more than that.

There is no "current gen" GTA V yet. Someone said their PS3/Xbox 360 GTA V case said 1-2 players. They were wrong.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
European ads have already posted confirming that their online play has 1-12 players.

I'm personally not concerned based on what the box says.

They can get their cash by people buying boost packs, boost slots and equipment.

Its another money grab for them that they won't want to eliminate.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
European ads have already posted confirming that their online play has 1-12 players.

I'm personally not concerned based on what the box says.

They can get their cash by people buying boost packs, boost slots and equipment.

Its another money grab for them that they won't want to eliminate.

link?

SensSixtyFive

Jun 19, 2014
I really don't understand why people would think the Xbox One and PS4 versions wouldn't have Eashl and GMC, it wouldn't make any sense for them to take out those game modes, some people only play those for the most part so that makes them a selling feature and they know that, we all know EA is greedy so why would they eliminate Eashl ( a mode that makes them money based on in game purchases ) , its just common sense id say.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I really don't understand why people would think the Xbox One and PS4 versions wouldn't have Eashl and GMC, it wouldn't make any sense for them to take out those game modes, some people only play those for the most part so that makes them a selling feature and they know that, we all know EA is greedy so why would they eliminate Eashl ( a mode that makes them money based on in game purchases ) , its just common sense id say.

It is possible that it would have required an overhaul and upgrade to the servers, right? I could imagine EA deciding that it wasn't worth it (in dollar terms), and thus leaving EASHL on the old-gen systems for a year, figuring that a good chunk of the most active EASHLers would simply buy it on those systems anyway.

I am not saying that those modes aren't in the game. I have no idea either way.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I don't think it's for nothing and for good reason. They are literally keeping the details of two extremely important modes for the franchise away from the customers LESS THAN ONE MONTH away from release. There is no reason any company should do this, especially to it's loyal fans over the years. ****, at least Destiny announced all MP modes and locations (basically) at Gamescom, and that's a new ****ing IP.

NHL 15 will be released 3 weeks from tomorrow, and more than likely within this week or the beginning of the next, it will go gold, which means the programming is done and the game will be put on the physical medium and ready for shipment physically and digitally. If a company as big as EA, with a following as big as NHL (even though not as big as NFL and FIFA, sadly), can't tell us the details of the game way earlier than this, then it is a huge deal.

We may still buy the game even if both are in it, but we won't forget what they did and how dickish they were about keeping the details till the last minute.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
I don't think it's for nothing and for good reason. They are literally keeping the details of two extremely important modes for the franchise away from the customers LESS THAN ONE MONTH away from release. There is no reason any company should do this, especially to it's loyal fans over the years. ****, at least Destiny announced all MP modes and locations (basically) at Gamescom, and that's a new ****ing IP.

NHL 15 will be released 3 weeks from tomorrow, and more than likely within this week or the beginning of the next, it will go gold, which means the programming is done and the game will be put on the physical medium and ready for shipment physically and digitally. If a company as big as EA, with a following as big as NHL (even though not as big as NFL and FIFA, sadly), can't tell us the details of the game way earlier than this, then it is a huge deal.

We may still buy the game even if both are in it, but we won't forget what they did and how dickish they were about keeping the details till the last minute.

I agree it is certainly frustrating, and seems rather unfair, but they are entitled to release information whenever they please regarding the game. Each company has their own marketing strategies. I'm sure they will learn from this one, due to the fan complaints. I cannot think of any other reason than the fact that they are having problems moving these game modes into the next gen and waiting on issues to be resolved.

KreiMeARiver*

what a joke. The amount of money these *******s steal from people every year for roster updates, and the DUMBEST feature ever in HUT, and they can't figure out this? You can't upgrade your servers? You don't have more money than god?

F them

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

They are keeping it hush to close the gap to launch day because of all those pre-order dollars they will lose when people cancel when they find out EASHL isn't in the game and there isn't a way to play 6 on 6 any longer.

The only out I see here is if the box art was misleading and intended to mean max players per system, and they left off the total online for the game modes. 2 players per system would make sense but all previous box art included the max online players at a time.

That combined with EA's refusal to comment on game modes at all leads me to believe it's because they are leaving it out.

If so, someone's getting fired in about a month. The backlash from the EASHL community, the cancelled pre-orders, the lost revenue from PLUS memberships not being purchased, the lost revenue from boost packs, slot unlocks, equipment upgrades... it's going to make someone look like the idiot they are for cutting that cash cow out of the game having almost 2 years to make the game after skipping it last year on the next gen platforms.

Not to mention the reviews will tank for not having that popular game mode any longer. Eye candy is fine, but full team online play at this point is a MUST HAVE.

Oh, but HUT will still be there - buy your card packs now. LOL

KreiMeARiver*

They are keeping it hush to close the gap to launch day because of all those pre-order dollars they will lose when people cancel when they find out EASHL isn't in the game and there isn't a way to play 6 on 6 any longer.

Oh, but HUT will still be there - buy your card packs now. LOL

this...

it's all about pre-orders and they don't want to lose them... what a joke.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Lollll all these people freaking out over what could be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. Maybe if they stopped spending time on crap modes like EASHL they can finally catch up to the big boys in the sports gaming world in terms of quality as NHLs key game modes are significantly behind anyone else's

SensSixtyFive

Jun 19, 2014
They defiantly can get servers for the Xbox one and ps4, I don't think that would be a problem it is EA after all, look at a game like Titanfall, a brand new game and they probably couldn't guess how successful it would be and they released Xbox 360 and Xbox one, servers and all, so why couldn't EA put together some servers for a mode that its profitable?

KreiMeARiver*

They will make it a $5-10 DLC to make us pay for their server upgrades.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

This is the best feature in the game. Sorry I'm 36 and have a life and just want to play random games when I want to, and not pay for stupid packs or spend my entire life playing seasons or worrying about contracts and drafts. I'm 36. I JUST WANT TO PLAY A RANDOM GAME WHEN I WANT TO.

They are taking the older gamers who now have families (I have bought every NHL since NHL Hockey) and slapping us in the face.

KYS EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad