NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Aw man, the CPU Flames won the cup before mine did? :laugh:
And by the way, just one minor detail, the Flames didn't win the cup in 2004. Great write-ups as always, though. Always a pleasure to read!

Haha yeah man I thought it was kind of funny they won. But you'll be good for it soon!

And I F*-*ed up... lol My bad guys two of you called me out on that. I always forget that was the last time they made it to the conference finals.

Mhoogasian94123

Haha yeah man I thought it was kind of funny they won. But you'll be good for it soon!

And I F*-*ed up... lol My bad guys two of you called me out on that. I always forget that was the last time they made it to the conference finals.
I had to go online to check that as well. I thought Tampa won it in 04. Thanks for making me question my NHL knowledge. :laugh:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS LOCK FOWLER, GETZLAF AND PERRY TO 5 YEAR DEALS
corey-perry-and-ryan-getzlaf.jpg

Getzlaf who has just come off one of his hottest seasons as far as offensive production goes, did not come cheap. He and Corry Perry reportedly signed identical deals as a take it or leave it option offered by general manager Tom Renney. Certainly a bold move, but you can see hes trying to see their dedication to the organization and their fans.

Cam Fowler who just came off a career high season of 48 points, was listed as a restricted free agent this year. Renney managed to lock him in for 5 years even though reports say he wanted only two years. Fowler did say he wanted to weigh out his options down the road, but the money offered by Renney was enough to win him over for an additional three years.

Other notable re-signings were right wing Jaromir Jagr who signed a one year contract worth 4 million, and left wing Bryan Bickell who agreed to a two year deal. RFA's Mat Clark and Brandon Mcmillan were also both signed to two year entry level contracts. Clark who has played the last two seasons in the AHL recorded 35 points last season 7 of which were goals. He is expected to take Lydman's place on next years roster.

[FIELDSET="DUCKS RE-SIGNINGS"]
Jagr - 1 Year - 4.000M
Perry - 5 Years - 5.750M
Getzlaf - 5 Years - 5.750M
Fowler - 5 Years - 4.200M
Bickell - 2 Years - 1.250M
Clark - 2 Years - .750M
McMillan - 2 Years - .800M
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="RELEASED PLAYERS"]
Scott Hannan, D
Jonathan Cheechoo, RW
Nathan Guenin, D
Tanner Glass, LW
Matt Smaby, D
Nick Bonino, C
Matt Beleskey, LW
Toni Lydman, D (Retirement)

[/FIELDSET]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
:habs The Gazette :habs
Montreal Canadiens Edition

[FIELDSET="Retiring players"]
Here is a list of the notable players retiring this year :
-Teemu Selanne
-Jamie Langenbrunner
-Jarome Iginla
-Nicklas Lidstrom
-Kimmo Timmonen
-Ryan Smyth
-Milan Hejduk
-Daniel Alfredsson
-Chris Pronger
-Brian Rolston
-Tim Thomas
-Evgeni Nabokov
-Marty Turco​
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Huberdeau wins Calder Memorial trophy !"]
Montreal Canadiens' center Jonathan Huberdeau, acquired from the Panthers last season, came home from the NHL Award Gala yesterday with the Calder Memorial Trophy. Huberdeau, who scored 22 goals and assisted on 27 for a total of 49 points, was excited about this and told us how much this accomplishment means to him. "Being considered the best rookie in the NHL this season is something that will only push me to get better. I will do everything to live up to the expectations winning this trophy can come up with. I'm very glad I've won it and I'd like to thank my parents and friends for all their support since I started playing hockey. It's and undescriptable feeling. Thank you." Surprisingly, the player that came second in the ballot was his teammate Ryan Murray. No doubt, Canadiens' fans should be excited about their future.

For the second year in a row, Getzlaf left Las Vegas with the Art Ross, the Hart Memorial and the Ted Lindsay trophies. Kevin Shattenkirk, from the Blues, was nominated defenseman of the year and won the Norris trophy.

As classy as usual, Pavel Datsyuk won unsurprinsingly, for the second year in a row, the Lady Bing. Surprisingly, he lost the Frank J. Selke trophy, awarded to the best defensive forward in the league, to no one else than Sidney Crosby.

Vezina Trophy went to New York Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, who was always amongst the discussions to win it in the past year, but never could. Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak, of the Blues, will both share the William M. Jennings trophy for awarding the less amount of goals in the whole league. Finally, the Masterton trophy was awarded to Oilers' defenseman Ladislav Smid, who missed most of last season with injuries and came back with a solid year. Without surprise, Marleau went back home with the Rocket Richard trophy.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Draft Day Recap"]
The Montreal Canadiens made two trades during the draft. First, they've traded winger Erik Cole to the St. Louis Blues for their first round pick this year, 19th overall, and Finnish defenseman Teemu Eronen. Marc Bergevin felt that Cole could come to help to a young and promising team like the Blues and thought it would help the rebuild process of the Canadiens by receiving a pick and a promising defenseman. Eronen, 22, will played in the SM Liga last year and is expected to come over to play in the NHL, hoping to play some games in the NHL.

The other team the Canadiens traded with are the Oilers. In the second round, the management team had their eyes on two players and felt they needed to make a trade to acquire both. As a result, they traded Sebastian Strandberg, Marc Stuart and a 3rd round pick in 2016 to the Oilers for their 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013, as well as prospects Tobias Rieder and Tyler Pitlick. Pitlick played 16 games in the NHL last year, getting 1 goal and 5 assists, while Rieder played in the OHL, getting 39 goals and 84 points in 61 games. Born in Germany, Rieder is a small but agile player.

With their two mid-first round picks in this year's draft, the Canadiens drafted from the Halifax Mooseheads center Jonathan Drouin, and selected 4 picks later, with the 19th overall, russian forward Valery Nichushkin. "Drouin is a smart playmaker, very skilled with the puck on his stick, and with a great speed to go with. We think he could end up being one of the best players from this year's draft", said Canadiens' scout Trevor Timmins. "As of Nichushkin, it is a gamble. His skill set is probably one of the most complete from this draft : He's big, he hits hard, he plays great on both ends of the ice and he has an excellent nose for the net. We were surprised he was still there when we picked and the whole management team agreed that it was worth the risk", concluded Timmins after the first round pick.

As expected, MacKinnon, who many already compare to Crosby, went first overall to the Blue Jackets, while the Devils drafted Seth Jones with the second overall pick.

The two players the Canadiens coveted in the second round appeared to be center Jeremy Grégoire as well as defenseman Kade Pilton, both drafted by the team. Gregoire is said to be a complete player with a good frame, while Kade Pilton is a 6'4 tall defenseman, who is exceptionnaly agile and quick for his size, and that can also play both ends of the ice. The ISS had him ranked 17th overall in their last month issue, comparing his style of play with those of Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

The other players drafted by the Canadiens were Ville Husso, Bradley Latour, another dynamic player, in the 3rd round, Matej Paulovic, Malte Stromwall, Sergey Kuptsov and Jacob Graves.

Overall, this draft looks amazing for the Montreal Canadiens. They've drafted two great players born in La Belle Province, took a gamble that could be a great reward and stole Kade Pilton in the second round.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Wednesday June 26th 2013 - Canadiens agree to long-term deals with Pacioretty, Atkinson"]
Two fan favorites, Cam Atkinson and Max Pacioretty have been both locked-up long term with the team. Pacioretty, who had 56 points last year - a career high -, inked a 8 year-long contract that will earn him $5M per year. As of Atkinson, who scored 27 goals last year for 49 points, signed a 6 years contract worth - take a breath - only $18M. Atkinson commented on why he signed for such a low term : "I really like the city. I want to help the team win games as well as acquire other great players that will help us go further, which is made possible by accepting less money." No doubt he will make a lot of friends towards the management team.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Thursday June 27th 2013 - Canadiens sign 5 players to Entry-Level contracts"]
The Canadiens announced today that they signed goalie Ville Husso, who just got drafted, as well as forwards Daniel Pribyl and Olivier Archambeault and defensemen Esa Lindell and Ville Pokka to their first entry-level contracts. [/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Saturday June 29th 2013 - Schultz and Dumont inked to two-years, two-way deals"]
Marc Bergevin announced this afternoon the signing of minor-league players Gabriel Dumont and Ian Schultz to 2-years, 2-way contract each worth $600K per year.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Sunday June 30th 2013 - Desharnais told he will not be back ; Wheeler re-signs"]
Sadly for many fans, Desharnais, who quickly grew on their heart, has been told by Marc Bergevin he could start looking for offers from other teams as they did not plan to offer him an extension. This is understandable as the Canadiens have many young players coming and Michel Therrien told us he and the management team wanted to give Huberdeau a chance on one of the top-lines at his positiono of strenght - at center.

At the same time, Bergevin told the medias Blake Wheeler, acquired at the deadline, had been re-signed for five years for a grand total of $30M. Fans were worried about his situation as there were no rumours the team and his agent were close to an agreement, but it seems they found one at the last minute. [/fieldset]

[fieldset="Monday July 1st 2013 - Bergevin signs two young, tough forwards"]
Montreal Canadiens announced today they signed both of Matt Beleskey and Nick Palmieri to one year contract worth $1.1M. These signings are suppose to add some depth and toughness to the team, that lacked some during their series against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Although both are not expected to be full-time NHLers, they should play an handful amount of games. [/fieldset]

[fieldset="Tuesday July 2nd 2013 - Racine and Beaudry accept contract with Habs"]
Jonathan Racine, a defenseman who was selected in the 3rd round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Panthers but could not earn a contract with them, as well as Jeremy Beaudry, an offensive-minded defenseman who went undrafted for the second year in a row, both accepted the terms of an ELC with the Montreal Canadiens. Bergevin told us that he signed those two players to add depth to the defensive chart of the team as well as variety, as the way it stood before their signing, there were not much promising polyvalent defensemen after Beaulieu and Pilton.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Thursday July 4th 2013 - Canadiens sign defenseman Roman Josi to a 1 year, $3.325M offersheet"]
Bergevin was known to be a very agressive general manager. There were reports last years that he wanted to send an offersheet to Winnipeg Jets' forward Evander Kane, but that the Jets' forward accepted Winnipeg's offer before he had the time to send him one.

This summer, same story, except that this time, his target was Roman Josi. Only 23 years old, the swiss defenseman earned 49 and 55 points with the Predators in his first two seasons in the NHL.

The Nashville predators have until next Tuesday to decided whether they match this offersheet or accept the compensation - a 2nd round pick in next year's draft.
[/fieldset]

Stay tuned to know if Nashville matches, and how things will turn out, my prospects analysis, as well as the start of the season.

Last edited:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
:habs The Gazette :habs
Montreal Canadiens Edition

[FIELDSET="Retiring players"]
Here is a list of the notable players retiring this year :
-Teemu Selanne
-Jamie Langenbrunner
-Jarome Iginla
-Nicklas Lidstrom
-Kimmo Timmonen
-Ryan Smyth
-Milan Hejduk
-Daniel Alfredsson
-Chris Pronger
-Brian Rolston
-Tim Thomas
-Evgeni Nabokov
-Marty Turco​
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Huberdeau wins Calder Memorial trophy !"]
Montreal Canadiens' center Jonathan Huberdeau, acquired from the Panthers last season, came home from the NHL Award Gala yesterday with the Calder Memorial Trophy. Huberdeau, who scored 22 goals and assisted on 27 for a total of 49 points, was excited about this and told us how much this accomplishment means to him. "Being considered the best rookie in the NHL this season is something that will only push me to get better. I will do everything to live up to the expectations winning this trophy can come up with. I'm very glad I've won it and I'd like to thank my parents and friends for all their support since I started playing hockey. It's and undescriptable feeling. Thank you." Surprisingly, the player that came second in the ballot was his teammate Ryan Murray. No doubt, Canadiens' fans should be excited about their future.

For the second year in a row, Getzlaf left Las Vegas with the Art Ross, the Hart Memorial and the Ted Lindsay trophies. Kevin Shattenkirk, from the Blues, was nominated defenseman of the year and won the Norris trophy.

As classy as usual, Pavel Datsyuk won unsurprinsingly, for the second year in a row, the Lady Bing. Surprisingly, he lost the Frank J. Selke trophy, awarded to the best defensive forward in the league, to no one else than Sidney Crosby.

Vezina Trophy went to New York Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, who was always amongst the discussions to win it in the past year, but never could. Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak, of the Blues, will both share the William M. Jennings trophy for awarding the less amount of goals in the whole league. Finally, the Masterton trophy was awarded to Oilers' defenseman Ladislav Smid, who missed most of last season with injuries and came back with a solid year. Without surprise, Marleau went back home with the Rocket Richard trophy.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Draft Day Recap"]
The Montreal Canadiens made two trades during the draft. First, they've traded winger Erik Cole to the St. Louis Blues for their first round pick this year, 19th overall, and Finnish defenseman Teemu Eronen. Marc Bergevin felt that Cole could come to help to a young and promising team like the Blues and thought it would help the rebuild process of the Canadiens by receiving a pick and a promising defenseman. Eronen, 22, will played in the SM Liga last year and is expected to come over to play in the NHL, hoping to play some games in the NHL.

The other team the Canadiens traded with are the Oilers. In the second round, the management team had their eyes on two players and felt they needed to make a trade to acquire both. As a result, they traded Sebastian Strandberg, Marc Stuart and a 3rd round pick in 2016 to the Oilers for their 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2013, as well as prospects Tobias Rieder and Tyler Pitlick. Pitlick played 16 games in the NHL last year, getting 1 goal and 5 assists, while Rieder played in the OHL, getting 39 goals and 84 points in 61 games. Born in Germany, Rieder is a small but agile player.

With their two mid-first round picks in this year's draft, the Canadiens drafted from the Halifax Mooseheads center Jonathan Drouin, and selected 4 picks later, with the 19th overall, russian forward Valery Nichushkin. "Drouin is a smart playmaker, very skilled with the puck on his stick, and with a great speed to go with. We think he could end up being one of the best players from this year's draft", said Canadiens' scout Trevor Timmins. "As of Nichushkin, it is a gamble. His skill set is probably one of the most complete from this draft : He's big, he hits hard, he plays great on both ends of the ice and he has an excellent nose for the net. We were surprised he was still there when we picked and the whole management team agreed that it was worth the risk", concluded Timmins after the first round pick.

As expected, MacKinnon, who many already compare to Crosby, went first overall to the Blue Jackets, while the Devils drafted Seth Jones with the second overall pick.

The two players the Canadiens coveted in the second round appeared to be center Jeremy Grégoire as well as defenseman Kade Pilton, both drafted by the team. Gregoire is said to be a complete player with a good frame, while Kade Pilton is a 6'4 tall defenseman, who is exceptionnaly agile and quick for his size, and that can also play both ends of the ice. The ISS had him ranked 17th overall in their last month issue, comparing his style of play with those of Shea Weber and Ryan Suter.

The other players drafted by the Canadiens were Ville Husso, Bradley Latour, another dynamic player, in the 3rd round, Matej Paulovic, Malte Stromwall, Sergey Kuptsov and Jacob Graves.

Overall, this draft looks amazing for the Montreal Canadiens. They've drafted two great players born in La Belle Province, took a gamble that could be a great reward and stole Kade Pilton in the second round.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Wednesday June 26th 2013 - Canadiens agree to long-term deals with Pacioretty, Atkinson"]
Two fan favorites, Cam Atkinson and Max Pacioretty have been both locked-up long term with the team. Pacioretty, who had 56 points last year - a career high -, inked a 8 year-long contract that will earn him $5M per year. As of Atkinson, who scored 27 goals last year for 49 points, signed a 6 years contract worth - take a breath - only $18M. Atkinson commented on why he signed for such a low term : "I really like the city. I want to help the team win games as well as acquire other great players that will help us go further, which is made possible by accepting less money." No doubt he will make a lot of friends towards the management team.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Thursday June 27th 2013 - Canadiens sign 5 players to Entry-Level contracts"]
The Canadiens announced today that they signed goalie Ville Husso, who just got drafted, as well as forwards Daniel Pribyl and Olivier Archambeault and defensemen Esa Lindell and Ville Pokka to their first entry-level contracts. [/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Saturday June 29th 2013 - Schultz and Dumont inked to two-years, two-way deals"]
Marc Bergevin announced this afternoon the signing of minor-league players Gabriel Dumont and Ian Schultz to 2-years, 2-way contract each worth $600K per year.[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Sunday June 30th 2013 - Desharnais told he will not be back ; Wheeler re-signs"]
Sadly for many fans, Desharnais, who quickly grew on their heart, has been told by Marc Bergevin he could start looking for offers from other teams as they did not plan to offer him an extension. This is understandable as the Canadiens have many young players coming and Michel Therrien told us he and the management team wanted to give Huberdeau a chance on one of the top-lines at his positiono of strenght - at center.

At the same time, Bergevin told the medias Blake Wheeler, acquired at the deadline, had been re-signed for five years for a grand total of $30M. Fans were worried about his situation as there were no rumours the team and his agent were close to an agreement, but it seems they found one at the last minute. [/fieldset]

[fieldset="Monday July 1st 2013 - Bergevin signs two young, tough forwards"]
Montreal Canadiens announced today they signed both of Matt Beleskey and Nick Palmieri to one year contract worth $1.1M. These signings are suppose to add some depth and toughness to the team, that lacked some during their series against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Although both are not expected to be full-time NHLers, they should play an handful amount of games. [/fieldset]

[fieldset="Tuesday July 2nd 2013 - Racine and Beaudry accept contract with Habs"]
Jonathan Racine, a defenseman who was selected in the 3rd round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Panthers but could not earn a contract with them, as well as Jeremy Beaudry, an offensive-minded defenseman who went undrafted for the second year in a row, both accepted the terms of an ELC with the Montreal Canadiens. Bergevin told us that he signed those two players to add depth to the defensive chart of the team as well as variety, as the way it stood before their signing, there were not much promising polyvalent defensemen after Beaulieu and Pilton.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Thursday July 4th 2013 - Canadiens sign defenseman Roman Josi to a 1 year, $3.325M offersheet"]
Bergevin was known to be a very agressive general manager. There were reports last years that he wanted to send an offersheet to Winnipeg Jets' forward Evander Kane, but that the Jets' forward accepted Winnipeg's offer before he had the time to send him one.

This summer, same story, except that this time, his target was Roman Josi. Only 23 years old, the swiss defenseman earned 49 and 55 points with the Predators in his first two seasons in the NHL.

The Nashville predators have until next Tuesday to decided whether they match this offersheet or accept the compensation - a 2nd round pick in next year's draft.
[/fieldset]

Stay tuned to know if Nashville matches, and how things will turn out, my prospects analysis, as well as the start of the season.

This was a pretty heavy read! haha but I love the amount of detail you put in!

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS TRADE TO MAKE ROSTER SPACE
nhl-logo.jpg

The Ducks recently traded goaltender Jeff Deslaurier to the New York Rangers for a 7th round pick in 2014. Deslauriers who had an atrocious season last season, was in need of a new home. Shortly after that trade came another, announcing that defensive prospect Mathieu Carle who was received in a trade with Montreal in 2011 was not producing at pro level. He was traded back to Montreal for a 6th round pick in 2014.

Several days later the Tom Renney announced the signings of three more players. Them being right winger Bobby Butler, defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron and goaltender Henrik Karlsson. Butler who is only 26 years old recorded 26 points last season in Ottawa in 74 games playing mostly 3rd line minutes. Karlsson was brought in as the new back up for Hiller, and is expected to split most games with him like last year with Deslauriers. Bergeron is expected to replace Scott Hannans shut down defending ways with a splurge of offense. It's been a constant problem over the last two years the lack of power play scoring and Bergeron may finally be the solution.

There were no comments by Tom Renney.

[FIELDSET="DUCKS FA SIGNINGS"]
Bergeron - 1 year - 3.400M
Butler - 3 years - 1.875M per
Karlsson - 2 years - 2.000M per

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NOTABLE LEAGUE SIGNINGS"]
SJS - sign - Grant Clitsome 1 year
SJS - sign - John Scott 1 year
NJ - sign - Curtis Sanford 2 years
LA - sign - Drew Miller 1 year
BOS - sign - Brett Festerling 1 year
EDM - sign - Trevor Lewis 2 years
STL - sign - Matt Carkner 2 years
TOR - sign - Deryk Engelland 2 years
SJS - sign - JS Giguere 1 year
BOS - sign - Jose Theodore 1 year
CHI - sign - Andrew Alberts 2 years
WPG - sign - Iiro Tarkki 1 year
CAR - sign - TJ Hensick 1 year
NYI - sign - Adam Burish 2 years
CAR - sign - Jonathan Cheechoo 2 years
CAR - sign - Daniel Winnik 2 years
NJ - sign - Peter Budaj 2 years
BOS - sign - BJ Crombeen 2 years
STL - sign - Matt Cullen 1 year
MIN - sign - Scott Hannan 2 years
OTT - sign - David Moss 2 years
PHI - sign - Tanner Glass 1 year
FLR - sign - Tim Thomas 1 year

[/FIELDSET]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This was a pretty heavy read! haha but I love the amount of detail you put in!
I try to do my best despite English not being my first language, which is why some sentences might look awkward. :laugh: Glad you like it though. Will post more details tomorrow. I will try to add more details as my franchise goes on - notable league signings like you do, 1st round draft picks, top prospects in the league - not just on my team -, and I'll try to play some games that I will describe as if I'm playing it right now.

Good luck with Butler though... you should try him on your second line if you have some place or if you have injuries. He once had two 30-goals, 60-points season with me - and I didn't edit him that much IIRC.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS GO .500 IN PRESEASON, OPENING NIGHT LINEUP RELEASED

The Ducks preseason went considerably better then last seasons. Losing all four games last year, the Ducks this year even just their younger players all look stronger. Yakupov did not dominate preseason like last year but he did get over point per game with 6 points in 4 games. Other notables were Adam Erne, 5th overall pick this year scored a goal in his first pre season game, but went two more games without scoring before being sent down to Juniors.

'I'm excited for this years team! I may have said that last year, but this year its basically the same team with only some minor adjustments. And some of the new players added last year that we hung on to, have now more experience with their linemates. I think it'll click nicely this year!' - Tom Renney

2013-2014 STARTING LINEUPS​

Yakupov - Getzlaf - Perry
Bickell - Berglund - Jagr
McMillan - Stoll - Butler
Staubitz - Cogliano - TooToo

Beauchemin - Fowler
Bergeron - Sbisa
Clark - Cumiskey

Hiller
Karlsson​

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
I try to do my best despite English not being my first language, which is why some sentences might look awkward. :laugh: Glad you like it though. Will post more details tomorrow. I will try to add more details as my franchise goes on - notable league signings like you do, 1st round draft picks, top prospects in the league - not just on my team -, and I'll try to play some games that I will describe as if I'm playing it right now.

Good luck with Butler though... you should try him on your second line if you have some place or if you have injuries. He once had two 30-goals, 60-points season with me - and I didn't edit him that much IIRC.

He got 3 points for me on the third line, on the home opener. We won 6-3 and Stoll got first star with 3 points. Then we lost 4-0 to st louis. Bobby Ryan got a hattrick...

EDIT: He just got a 4 point night versus Calgary, Stoll 3 point night, won 6-3. They're leading my team for points right now by a considerable margin. I sense an injury looming...

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
YAKUPOV, JAGR OUT CUPUTI, ETEM IN
5-1-0-10PTS​

It had to happen to the veteran winger again. Only this year its 41 year old Jaromir Jagr. He had one point in four games on the 2nd line with Berglund and Bickell and went down with an MCL Sprain. It will keep him out until beginning of January which is over two months. Yakupov got hit into the boards and went out with a concussion and is reported back in the lineup near the end of October. Yakupov had five points in four games, four of which were goals.

Caputi being the first call up option this year, had six points in two games for the Norfolk Admirals. Emerson Etem has been a healthy scratch for the Ducks since the start of the season.

CURRENT TOP 12​

Caputi - Getzlaf - Perry
Bickell - Berglund - McMillan
Etem - Stoll - Butler
Staubitz - Cogliano - TooToo​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
He got 3 points for me on the third line, on the home opener. We won 6-3 and Stoll got first star with 3 points. Then we lost 4-0 to st louis. Bobby Ryan got a hattrick...

EDIT: He just got a 4 point night versus Calgary, Stoll 3 point night, won 6-3. They're leading my team for points right now by a considerable margin. I sense an injury looming...

Wow, if only Butler could have done things like that IRL for Ottawa. :laugh:

Your roster is looking pretty good, by the way. Good luck!

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Wow, if only Butler could have done things like that IRL for Ottawa. :laugh:

Your roster is looking pretty good, by the way. Good luck!

Since the injury it hasn't been going nearly as smoothly. Were scraping wins out of nothing to keep a winning percentage. Now Beauchemin went down for three weeks. It's at least not 2+ months.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
How do you guys get these players like Mckinnon and Seth Jones into the game? Do you create them?

I'm also looking for realistic sliders, I'm playing on superstar but it seems like I can still win the cup almost every year if I play the games. I'd like to actually have difficult series' with actually losing a series. I'm not trying to say I'm really good at this game (I have been playing NHL since 94 and am one of the better players out of my group of friends so I am pretty good, but by no means am I better than probably half the people here) so if someone has some really good sliders, I would really appreciate it.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
JAGR GETS 3 POINTS AFTER RETURN FROM INJURY
42GP - 22W - 17L - 3OTL - 47PTS (5th West)​

Jagr assisted three goals the other night against the Buffalo Sabres. He assisted a goal by Fowler 1:36 into the first period. He followed up with two more assists in the 2nd period, goals that came from Bickell and Beauchemin respectively. Jagr who has been injured since early October has yet to score a goal this season buy currently has 4 points in 5 games. This could be a tremendous help to the Ducks already successful offense.

'I had a feeling things were just going to work this year. Its not even a matter of having a dominant player, its despite the injuries the guys filling in are playing their parts perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the direction this season is taking.' - Tom Renney

[FIELDSET="TOP 6 DUCKS SCORERS"]
Perry - 42GP - 16G - 28A - 44PTS
Yakupov - 39GP - 19G - 18A - 37PTS
Getzlaf - 42GP - 9G - 26A - 35PTS
Stoll - 42GP - 18G - 11A - 29PTS
Berglund - 42GP - 8G - 20A - 28PTS
Butler - 42GP - 9G - 13A - 22PGS

[/FIELDSET]

product_shot28590724.jpg

Brought to you by SkinIt®

JAGR WITH 1ST GOAL OF SEASON AND 4 POINT NIGHT
43GP - 23W - 17L - 3OTL - 49PTS (5th West)​

Jagr picked himself up another 4 points against the Canes two nights later. Scoring his first of the season at the start of the third less then a minute in, He tied the game 3-3. He went on to assist two more goals in the third, goals scored by Berglund and Bergeron. He had also assisted one of Berglund's goals midway through the second period. The Ducks won the game 5-3.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
How do you guys get these players like Mckinnon and Seth Jones into the game? Do you create them?

I'm also looking for realistic sliders, I'm playing on superstar but it seems like I can still win the cup almost every year if I play the games. I'd like to actually have difficult series' with actually losing a series. I'm not trying to say I'm really good at this game (I have been playing NHL since 94 and am one of the better players out of my group of friends so I am pretty good, but by no means am I better than probably half the people here) so if someone has some really good sliders, I would really appreciate it.
For the sliders, you can probably find some good ones there : http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sliders/
You'll probably just see 3 threads, but by going to the bottom of the page, you will se "display options". Change "last month" to "beginning" and click "show threads", and you should now see every threads. :D

As for the players like MacKinnon and Jones, some are already in the game - MacKinnon is with the Halifax Mooseheads, Pulock is on the Brandon Wheat Kings, Barkov is somewhere in the SM-Liga, but in order to have them drafted where they should be, you'll need to edit them. Players like Seth Jones, who have yet to play in any PRO Euro Leagues or in the CHL, have to be created. You could always download custom rosters there : http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-rosters
If you have a PS3, you can download the Ultimate Rosters 2.0 that I made that have almost every top prospects from 2012, 2013 and 2014 (+ McDavid and Barzal from 2015 but that are drafted in 2014 since it's impossible to make players born later than this)... There is also someone who is working on Xbox 360 rosters but don't have any details about it.

But if you're looking for quick edits, I'd make MacKinnon around 74 overall (good passing, good shot, not physical, great skating) with 73 poise and A- B- A- potential, and Jones at 73 overall (powerful shot, physical, good skating, shot accuracy at around 65 and great passing) with 72 poise at B A- B potential. Both should be drafted almost NHL ready - MacKinnon will be, and it depends if Jones grows his poise to 74 or 75 in those 2 years.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
PORTLAND PYLONS 2013 OFFSEASON REPORT

Drafted:
Selected | Name | Age | POS | Team | HT/WT | Rating
13th|Dillon Heatherington|18|RHD|Brampton (OHL)|6'3" 196lbs|72 OVR BBB-
15th|Lucas Grayson|19|RHD|Everett (WHL)|6'2" 178lbs|73 OVR B-B-B|
17th|Olivier Houle|20|LHD|Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)|6'3" 214lbs|74 OVR B-BA-
23rd|Doug Greentree|19|LHD|US NTDP|6'5" 210lbs|73 OVR B-A-B-
26th|Michael Nishi|19|G|Sault Sainte Marie (OHL)|6'2" 180lbs|72 OVR A-CB
54th|Scott Kosmachuk|19|RW|Guelph (OHL)|6'3" 177lbs|72 OVR CB-C-
67th|Max Domi|18|C|London (OHL)|6'0" 191lbs|74 OVR BCB-
137th|Mitchell Dempsey|18|LW|Plymouth (OHL)|6'4" 215lbs|73 OVR CB-C
197th|Jeremie Fraser|18|RHD|Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)|6'3" 204lbs|73 OVR BBC

Released:
Status | Name | Position
RFA|Tomas Marcinko|C
UFA|Darcy Hordichuk|LW
RFA|Tyler McNeely|LW
RFA|Matthew Halischuk|RW
UFA|Paul Mara|D

Retired:
Position | Name
D|Nicklas Lidstrom

Signed:
Position | Name | Age | Salary | Term
G|Tim Thomas|39|2.000M|1
D|Ian White|29|4.000M|3
D|Andrew Ference|34|3.750M|1
LW|Alexandre Burrows|32|3.250M|2
C|Jarret Stoll|31|3.000M|1
LW|Christopher Higgins|30|2.750M|2
RW|Andrew Fritsch|20|0.600M|3
LW|Josh Derko|19|0.600M|3
LW|Boston Leier|20|0.525M|3

Re-Signed:
Position | Name | Age | Salary | Term
G|Kevin Poulin|23|0.600M|1
LW|Brenden Morrow|34|4.000M|1
D|Johnny Oduya|31|2.750M|1
C|Josh Bailey|23|1.475M|2
LW|Daniel Winnik|28|1.000M|2
RW|Sean Backman|27|0.925M|1
C|David Ullstrom|24|0.525M|2
D|Anton Klementyev|23|0.525M|2
D|Travis Hamonic|22|3.000M|5
D|Teemu Laakso|25|0.900M|2

Traded:
Sent | To | Received
Nicklas Grossman + POR 6th 2013|STL|STL 1st 2013

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

2015 Western Conference Quarter Finals

:flames vs. :nashville

6864140.bin

It was a pretty easy series for the Calgary Flames against the 8th seeded Nashville Predators. It wasn't a sweep, but the Flames were victorious in only five games.

"Honestly I expected more of a challenge from the Preds, they've got some gamebreaking players, like Weber, Rinne, and Radulov. Obviously, I'm happy we won though." goaltender Jacob Markstrom said with a laugh.

Game 1: 4-2 Win
Game 2: 2-0 Loss
Game 3: 8-2 Win
Game 4: 3-2 2OT Win (Stewart scores winner)
Game 5: 3-2 OT Win (Wideman scores winner)

Coming up next:
Western Conference Semi Finals:
:flames vs. :nucks

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
(couldn't update my Montreal GM because i was away for the last 4 days)

Montreal Preseason 2011​
The 2011 pre-season was pretty eventful for canadiens fans as there was some signings an a trade for the canadiens.

Signings:

Nathan Beaulieu 3yr 800k ELC

Evgeny Artyukhin 1yr 850k

Bryan McCabe 1yr 2.3M

Trade:

TO :wild

Peter Budaj
2nd (MTL)

TO :habs

Josh Harding

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Mid-Term Report Card: Vancouver Canucks
December 28, 2012

The Canucks are currently in the midst of an 10-2-1 stretch that has leapfrogged them into 8th place overall in the league and 4th in the Western Conference with an overall record of 23-16-2. They're one of the league's top scoring teams, boasting the 6th highest goal output in the league at just over 3 goals per game.

Forwards:
The Canucks are by no means a score-by-committee type of team. Their big guns carry the load and any goals from the depth players is just a bonus. The Canucks have 4 players hovering around the point-per-game mark: Sidney Crosby (48 points in 41 games), Martin St Louis (44 points in 41 games), Nicklas Backstrom (40 points in 41 games), and Jaromir Jagr (39 points in 41 games). Andy McDonald, who missed 10 games with an injury, also has been producing relatively well with 22 points in 31 games, but there is a drastic drop-off after that. The Canucks picked up Marty Reasoner off waivers to replace struggling 3rd line center Brayden Schenn (3 points in 36 games) who was sent down to AHL affiliate Chicago.

Defensemen:
Kevin Bieksa leads the way in most statistical categories, piling up the most goals, assists, points, PIM, +/-, hits, and takeaways on the blueline. The Kuba-Bieksa pairing is the only pairing with a positive +/- on the team. The top pairing of Edler and Boyle have both struggled mightily with team worst -11 and -13 respectively in the +/- category and have been outperformed in every respect by the Kuba-Bieksa pairing. If the Canucks wish to continue towards making a playoff push, the Edler-Boyle pairing will need to be a lot better down the stretch. Roman Josi was lost to injury with a hip pointer and isn't expected to be back in the line-up until March.

Goaltenders:
Devan Dubnyk was handed the reins after Brodeur retired and, in his first full season as a starter, struggled a lot very early. His game has improved substantially as the season went on, but his numbers are still very much amongst the worst in the league. He has compiled a 19-15-1 record through 35 starts with a 2.94 GAA, 88.7 SV%, and 3 shutouts. Those are hardly the numbers you want out of your starting goaltender. Backup David Aebischer has been brilliant in his limited role with the club, posting a 4-1-1 record, a 1.55 GAA, 94.0 SV%, and 1 shutout in 6 starts and 3 relief efforts.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Crosby Lone Representative For Canucks At All-Star Game
January 27, 2012

"Snubbed," GM Mackenzie replied when asked how he felt regarding the lack of all-star selections this year. "We have 3 forwards in the top 12 in scoring in the Western Conference and Juice [Kevin Bieksa] is 5th in scoring among [Western Conference] defensemen, not to mention he's near the top of the league in many non-scoring categories, too. He's first in the league in hits and second in takeaways among defensemen. All I can do is shake my head."

Crosby, a perennial all-star and arguably the game's biggest star, has 30 goals and 34 assists for 64 points through 54 games this year and is 4th in the league in scoring behind rival Alex Ovechkin (71 points), former Canuck Daniel Sedin (71 points), and Zach Parise (66 points).

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
FOWLER ONLY ALL START INVITE
52GP - 26W - 22L - 4OTL - 56PTS (7th West)

Unlike the last couple seasons where at least two members of the Ducks made the All Star team, only Cam Fowler was voted in this year. Fowler has 31 points in 50 games and currently holds a career high of 11 goals thus far this season. Fowler did manage two assists at the All Star game this year, he and Zetterberg were the only two point players of the game.

[FIELDSET="TOP DUCKS SCORERS"]
Perry - 52GP - 18G - 36A - 54PTS
Yakupov - 48GP - 23G - 22A - 45PTS
Getzlaf - 52GP - 13G - 31A - 44PTS
Berglund - 52GP - 11G - 23A - 34PTS
Fowler - 50GP - 11G - 20A - 31PTS
Stoll - 52GP - 19G - 11A - 30PTS
Sbisa - 52GP - 3G - 19A - 22PTS
Butler - 52GP - 9G - 13A - 22PTS
TooToo - 52GP - 12G - 7A - 19PTS
Bergeron - 52GP - 4G - 14A - 18PTS

Hiller - 38GP - 22W - 10L - 2.26GAA - .920SV% - 6SO
Karlsson - 20GP - 4W - 12L - 3.86GAA - .876SV% - 1SO
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TOP LEAGUE SCORERS"]
PIT - Malkin - 52GP - 27G - 34A - 61PTS
PHI - Giroux - 48GP - 19G - 41A - 60PTS
CHI - Toews - 49GP - 19G - 38A - 57PTS
MIN - M.Koivu - 53GP - 22G - 35A - 57PTS
CBJ - Umberger - 56GP - 30G - 27A - 57PTS
NYR - Gaborik - 48GP - 33G - 22A - 55PTS
ANA - Perry - 52GP - 18G - 36A - 54PTS
MIN - Setoguchi - 53GP - 18G - 36A - 54PTS
CHI - Hossa - 49GP - 21G - 32A - 53PTS
WIN - E.Kane - 52GP - 27G - 26A - 53PTS

CHI - Crawford - 39GP - 25W - 12L - 5SO
TB - Lindback - 40GP - 25W - 12L - 4SO
NYR - Lundqvist - 38GP - 24W - 11L - 3SO

[/FIELDSET]

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

2015 Western Conference Semi Finals

:flames VS. :nucks

502A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_qQq.jpg

Anze Kopitar celebrates his third period goal against the Canucks in game 2.

After an easy series against the Nashville Predators, fans we worried that the Flames might take the Vancouver Canucks too lightly. It seemed like their fears had come true after the Flames were routed in game one, but after that they pulled it together and shut down the Canucks.

Led by Jacob Markstrom, the Calgary Flames will face the Columbus Blue Jackets yet again in the Western Conference Finals.

Game 1: 5-1 Loss

Game 2: 3-2 Win
Game 3: 3-1 Loss
Game 4: 2-0 Win
Game 5: 5-0 Win
Game 6: 5-1 Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad