Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Back to the Finals!

502A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uhZ.jpg

Chris Stewart deflects a shot from the point - the game-winning goal in game four.

It only took a measly four games for the Calgary Flames to defeat the Columbus Blue Jackets! For the second straight year in a row, the Flames denied the Blue Jackets of their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Game 1: 2-0 Win
Game 2: 2-1 Win
Game 3: 3-1 Win
Game 4: 4-2 Win

With a record of 12-3, the Calgary Flames have blazed through their opponents in the playoffs. However, they must take down the defending Stanley Cup champions - the Toronto Maple Leafs, to win their first championship in decades.

"We've certainly got our work cut out for us," said captain Mark Giordano. "They swept us last year, but, mark my words, they are not sweeping us this year."

Coming Up Next:
2015 Stanley Cup Finals:
:flames vs. :leafs

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Back to the Finals!

502A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uhZ.jpg

Chris Stewart deflects a shot from the point - the game-winning goal in game four.

It only took a measly four games for the Calgary Flames to defeat the Columbus Blue Jackets! For the second straight year in a row, the Flames denied the Blue Jackets of their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Game 1: 2-0 Win
Game 3: 3-1 Win
Game 4: 4-2 Win

With a record of 12-3, the Calgary Flames have blazed through their opponents in the playoffs. However, they must take down the defending Stanley Cup champions - the Toronto Maple Leafs, to win their first championship in decades.

"We've certainly got our work cut out for us," said captain Mark Giordano. "They swept us last year, but, mark my words, they are not sweeping us this year."

Coming Up Next:
2015 Stanley Cup Finals:
:flames vs. :leafs

You play the playoff games then? I might do that If I make the playoffs this year... Not looking good all of a sudden however. I think I might get fired.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You play the playoff games then? I might do that If I make the playoffs this year... Not looking good all of a sudden however. I think I might get fired.

Nope, I simulate them. I jumped into Play Now afterward and got some pictures. Since I've pretty much rebuilt the team, I'm running out of real pictures that I can use. Stewart did score the GWG goal in game four, but in the simulation it wasn't a deflection.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
The Preseason, Line-ups and New Captaincy
i
A picture of the bright and happy new captain of the Colorado Avalanche, Matt Duchene​

Yes you heard it right folks, GM Dan Murray has made Matt Duchene captain for the Avalanche. The now 20-year-old was overwhelmed when he got the call from Murray about the captaincy, "I was just sitting at home on the couch when I got the call and after I hung up I just sat there and was like, 'Am I dreaming?" Teammate Milan Hejduk was happy that Duchene was named captain saying that, "we need a young guy like Matt who can lead us, he showed he could after last season when we lost our final game in the locker room and told us that there was always next year trying to encourage us. He always had an upbeat attitude." This will make Duchene the 2nd youngest Captain in NHL history only headed by the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby. The alternates for next year will be Hejduk and Kyle Quincey.

The Preseason was strong for the Avalanche as they went 3-0-1. GM Murray used this preseason to see how the new players added recently would perform with Colorado's style of play and overall, he thought the team performed well. "I knew Brooks (Orpik), Jay (Mckee) and Dany (Sabourin) would play well together as they were all together on the Penguins when they won the Stanley Cup." Some other performances we asked about were Ryan Wilson, 1st Overall Pick Kip Coliacovo, and the patient Ryan Stoa who is still fighting for a place on the roster like he did last year. He told us, "Ryan shows that he is NHL-ready and can be a good 2-way defender, Kip still needs a little time in the Minors and as for Ryan, He once again performed well during the season and during the preseason but our roster is pretty good right now so I can't say if he'll make it."

Later that day though Gm Murray and his coaches released the lineups for opening night and the AHL that are listed below:

Colorado Avalanche

Wojtek Wolski - Matt Duchene "C" - Milan Hejduk "A"
Jussi Jokinen - Tomas Plekanec - Peter Mueller
T.J. Galiardi - Tomas Fleischmann - Ryan O'Reilly
Cody McLeod - Jay McClement - David Jones

Brooks Orpik - Erik Johnson
Jay Mckee - John Liles
Ryan O'Bryne - Kyle Quincey
"A"

Brian Elliott
Dany Sabourin

Lake Erie Monsters

Zach Cohen - Ryan Stoa "C" - Jordan Caron
Luke Walker - Kevin Porter - Brandon Yip
Peter Chara - Mike Carman - Oleg Frolov
Olorich Buzek - Manuel Schultz - Marshall Tapper

Jonas Holos - Ryan Wilson
"A"
Kip Colaiacovo - Adam Foote "A"
Victor Berglind - Joel Chouinard

Peter Budaj
Trevor Cann

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The Preseason, Line-ups and New Captaincy
i
A picture of the bright and happy new captain of the Colorado Avalanche, Matt Duchene​

Yes you heard it right folks, GM Dan Murray has made Matt Duchene captain for the Avalanche. The now 20-year-old was overwhelmed when he got the call from Murray about the captaincy, "I was just sitting at home on the couch when I got the call and after I hung up I just sat there and was like, 'Am I dreaming?" Teammate Milan Hejduk was happy that Duchene was named captain saying that, "we need a young guy like Matt who can lead us, he showed he could after last season when we lost our final game in the locker room and told us that there was always next year trying to encourage us. He always had an upbeat attitude." This will make Duchene the 2nd youngest Captain in NHL history only headed by the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby. The alternates for next year will be Hejduk and Kyle Quincey.

The Preseason was strong for the Avalanche as they went 3-0-1. GM Murray used this preseason to see how the new players added recently would perform with Colorado's style of play and overall, he thought the team performed well. "I knew Brooks (Orpik), Jay (Mckee) and Dany (Sabourin) would play well together as they were all together on the Penguins when they won the Stanley Cup." Some other performances we asked about were Ryan Wilson, 1st Overall Pick Kip Coliacovo, and the patient Ryan Stoa who is still fighting for a place on the roster like he did last year. He told us, "Ryan shows that he is NHL-ready and can be a good 2-way defender, Kip still needs a little time in the Minors and as for Ryan, He once again performed well during the season and during the preseason but our roster is pretty good right now so I can't say if he'll make it."

Later that day though Gm Murray and his coaches released the lineups for opening night and the AHL that are listed below:

Colorado Avalanche

Wojtek Wolski - Matt Duchene "C" - Milan Hejduk "A"
Jussi Jokinen - Tomas Plekanec - Peter Mueller
T.J. Galiardi - Tomas Fleischmann - Ryan O'Reilly
Cody McLeod - Jay McClement - David Jones

Brooks Orpik - Erik Johnson
Jay Mckee - John Liles
Ryan O'Bryne - Kyle Quincey
"A"

Brian Elliott
Dany Sabourin

Lake Erie Monsters

Zach Cohen - Ryan Stoa "C" - Jordan Caron
Luke Walker - Kevin Porter - Brandon Yip
Peter Chara - Mike Carman - Oleg Frolov
Olorich Buzek - Manuel Schultz - Marshall Tapper

Jonas Holos - Ryan Wilson
"A"
Kip Colaiacovo - Adam Foote "A"
Victor Berglind - Joel Chouinard

Peter Budaj
Trevor Cann

Great write-up! That was a nice read. Are you starting at the 2011-12 season though? Your lineup is looking pretty good, but how did you get players such as Jokinen, Orpik, and Plekanec? What trades did you make?

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS SAY BYE TO BEAUCHEMIN
beauchemin_francois275_102908.jpg
66GP - 30W - 29L - 7OTL - 67PTS (11th West)​

Beauchemin has spent the last four seasons in Anaheim, and has already spent another five prior to that before signing with Toronto for two short years. In the last four years Beauchemin has only hit thirty points or higher once. Out of a potential 328 games he could have played with the Ducks, he's only been dressed for 195 games due to injuries.

This season alone, Beauchemin went down twice due to an MCL Sprain and a sore foot. Having suited up for only 38 games Beauchemin only had twelve points, five of which were goals.

'Despite being a good guy in the locker room, and being a good veteran presence on the ice, I had the feeling it was time to let him go. He will be deeply missed, and we wish him all the best of luck in Florida.' - Tom Renney

[FIELDSET="TRADE DETAILS"]
To Anaheim: 2nd round pick 2014
To Florida: Francois Beauchemin, D
[/FIELDSET]

This has been the first year in the history of the NHL that there has only been one trade executed at the trade deadline. Are GM's that content with their teams going into the playoffs?

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Avs lose home opener as Toews and the Blackhawks defeat them 7-5
ap-201202072129773580003.jpg

Patrick Kane powering past Ryan O'Rielly to get a goal that made it 3-3

Bad start to the season losing to the Blackhawks at home yesterday. The Game started great as Milan Hejduk started it off by scoring on the powerplay 2:50 into the game and 32 seconds Peter Mueller deflects one in past Goalie Jaakko Simola off a shot by John Liles. Chicago couldn't let the Avs have a two goal lead going into the second period so Eric Belanger screamed down the boards and wrapped the puck around into the net right through Brian Elliott's legs. But the Avs came back quickly when T.J. Galiardi took a one-timer from a pass by Kyle Quincey and netted one in not a minute later. Heading to the second, Patrick Kane had had enough and scored the only two goals in the second period to knot it up 3-3.

The third was a mess for Colorado. Their players were out of their positions and weren't getting the puck moving which gave Marian Hossa and Michael Frolik a chance to get two goals to make it 5-3. Jussi Jokinen wouldn't have it and right at the faceoff for that second goal, He took the puck, skated past the defense and deked out Simola to make 5-4. But it seemed that Chicago didn't care as Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp netted two to make it 7-4. The Avalanche were able to up the pressure as Ryan O'Reilly slapped one in with a mnute left but it still wasn't enough for the win.

Game Summary

1st Period
COL Milan Hejduk (Jay Mckee, Kyle Quincey)(PPG)
COL Peter Mueller (John Liles, Jussi Jokinen)
CHI Eric Belanger (Mikko Lehtonen, Matt Higgins)
COL T.J. Galiardi (Kyle Quincey, Ryan O'Reilly)

2nd Period
CHI Patrick Kane (UNASSISTED)
CHI Patrick Kane (Duncan Keith, Marian Hossa)

3rd Period
CHI Michael Frolik (Eric Belanger)
CHI Marian Hossa (Jonathan Toews, Brian Campbell)
COL Jussi Jokinen (UNASSISTED)
CHI Duncan Keith (Victor Stalberg)
CHI Patrick Sharp (Duncan Keith)
COL Ryan O'Reilly (Tomas Fleischmann)​

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Great write-up! That was a nice read. Are you starting at the 2011-12 season though? Your lineup is looking pretty good, but how did you get players such as Jokinen, Orpik, and Plekanec? What trades did you make?
Yeah its the 2011-2012 season and Jokinen I trade a prospect and a pick for, Orpik the same and Plekanec I traded away Paul Statsny for him. and thanks for the compliment! :)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
:habs The Gazette :habs
Montreal Canadiens Edition
[fieldset="Wednesday July 10th 2013 - Nashville shocks everyone and let Josi go"]
Despite everyone thinking Nashville would be matching the Montreal Canadiens' offersheet to young star defenseman Roman Josi, it appeared that their general manager decided otherwise. As a result, the Predators will receive the Canadiens' second round pick in the upcoming 2014 NHL entry draft.

Apparently, there were concerns about Josi's behaviour with his teammate, being described as a very solitary guy who was not very appreciated by his teammates.. Forward Andrei Kostitsyn commented on his teammate's departure for his old team, the Canadiens : "He weird guy. He shoot puck and pass puck but no talk. Very alone in locker. You know. Me try to talk to him but no talk to me. Hope he happy to be at Canadiens. Know I happy to be Nashville."

Josi is expected to arrive in Montreal next week to meet the medias. Remember that he was offered a one year deal worth $3.350M last week by the Montreal Canadiens.

Following this announcement by the Nashville Predators, there have been rumors that the Canadiens could be looking to trade one of their established defenseman for some future pieces[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Tuesday July 30th 2013 - Canadiens trade Kulikov, Holland to Calgary"]
It was expected that one of Subban or Kulikov were on their way out with Roman Josi's arrival. The Calgary Flames accepted to part with young upcoming defenseman Griffin Reinhart, who they selected 8th overall in 2012, to acquire Peter Holland, as they needed some serious help at center, as well as Dmitri Kulikov.

Kulikov had two deceiving seasons with the Canadiens, only getting 35 and 39 points in his last two seasons. As of Holland, the Canadiens have a pretty solid pool of prospects coming at center so he was expendable.

Along with Reinhart, the Canadiens acquired a 2nd round pick in this year's draft as well as another defenseman, Colin Steckel, drafted 7th overall this year.

"We think it's a good deal for us, as I think Reinhart has the potential to maybe become one of the best defensemen in the league, and we think Steckel has that potential too. It is sad to let a passionated player like Kulikov go, but he was not really happy here in Montreal and we felt a change of scenery would help him gaining more confidence and playing better. All his teammates as well as myself hope the best for him with the Flames, a great organization for him to learn", said GM Marc Bergevin following the trade.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Montreal Canadiens 2013-2014 starting line-up"]
Pacioretty "A" - Huberdeau - Atkinson
Smith-Pelly - Plekanec "C" - Wheeler
Kristo - Leblanc - Palushaj
Beleskey - White - Prust

Subban - Josi
Murray - Gudbranson "A"
Tinordi - Emelin

Price
Deslauriers​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Sunday October 6th 2013 - Prust injured in first game of the season"]
Montreal Canadiens lost the services of their tough guy Brandon Prust for at least one month, reported TSN this morning. Nick Palmieri has been called up to replace him during this time span.

Prust suffered a broken rib after he has been hit by giant defenseman Tyler Myers Saturday, against the Buffalo Sabres, a game that ended up 4-3 in overtime in favor of the New York state team.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Sunday October 27th - Smith-Pelly out for one month"]
Smith-Pelly left the game early Saturday against the Senators, after he was hit from behind by opponent defenseman Jared Cowen. Cowen was ejected from the game as Smith-Pelly received treatments by the local team's doctors. Smith-Pelly was told to rest for at least 4 weeks by the team.

In the meanwhile, the management announced the recalling of winger Emerson Etem, who lost his spot on the NHL squad after the impressive pre-season Danny Kristo had. It's him who will take Smith-Pelly's second line spot, as he already has 5 points in 10 games - after scoring an impressive 6 points in 2 games during the preseason.[/fieldset]

Next up : November Prospect report !

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah its the 2011-2012 season and Jokinen I trade a prospect and a pick for, Orpik the same and Plekanec I traded away Paul Statsny for him. and thanks for the compliment! :)

Thanks for the explanation.

I will post the Stanley Cup Finals tomorrow! :handclap:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
After downloading the new rosters off off of op.sports, I started a new dynasty. Unable to decide the team, I let my brother decide. Sorry Dustyrockon, but he chose Anaheim..

Within the first few weeks, I made a few trades to shake things up.

To LA) 2012 4th, Nick Bonino, Kyle Cumisky
To ANH) 2012 1st, Ethan Moreau, Kyle Westgarth

To WSH) Teemu Selanne
To ANH) Yevgeni Kuznetsov, 2012 1st (COL)

To CGY) Daniel Winnik
To ANH) Pierre-Luc Lebland, 2012 1st

To MTL) Saku Koivu, 2016 3rd, 2017 3rd
To ANH) Louis Leblanc, 2012 1st

Fast forward through the season, we finished in 28th. At the draft, Anaheim held 5 first round picks; 1,3,10,19,25. I made one trade at the draft, sending a 2013 4th to Calgary for their 2012 4th.

2012 DRAFT PICKS
1) Nail Yakupov, LW, 82ovr, A,C,A-
3) Filip Forsberg, LW, 79ovr, B-,B,B-
10) Griffin Reinhart, D, 74ovr, B,B,B
19) Sebastian Collberg, RW, 74ovr, B,B-,B
25) Brendan Gaunce, C, 74ovr, B,B,B-
32) Teuvo Teravainen, LW, 74ovr, A-,B-,B-
77) Jimmy Oligny, D, 69ovr, B,B,B-
109) Martin Frk, RW, 73ovr, B-,B-,B-
122) Erik Thorell, LW, 73ovr, C,B-,C
182) Connor Crisp, C, 68ovr, C,B-,B-
198) Scott Kosmachuk, RW, 71ovr, B,B-,B

After the draft, the Anaheim Ducks made a few more trades:

To FLA) 2013 3rd, Nick Guenin
To ANH) Shawn Matthias

To SJ) Luca Caputi
To ANH) Cody Ceci (13th ovr in '12)

To DAL) Niklas Hagman, 2014 4th, 2018 2nd
To ANH) Alex Galchenyuk (6th ovr in '12)

To FLA) 2014 1st, 2014 3rd
To ANH) 2013 1st, Jerred Smithson

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

[fieldset="Friday November 1st 2013 - Montreal Canadiens Prospect Ranking"]
In this article, we will analyze the top prospects of the Montreal Canadiens. What we will consider a prospect is a player with absolutely no NHL experience.

1. Griffin Reinhart - D - 1.98 m, 92.6 kg
Grade : 8.5C
Comparison : Ryan Suter
Weaknesses : Despite his size, Reinhart has some trouble staying on his skates, meaning he could work on his balance. He could also be a little more agressive.
Strenghts : Reinhart possesses very great offensive skills. He's got a powerful and accurate shot and is a great passer. He also skates quite well - despite his balance - for a guy his size. Very disciplined and good in his own territory, also.​

2. Nathan Beaulieu - D - 1.88 m, 81.3 kg
Grade : 8.0C
Comparison : Kris Letang
Weaknesses : Beaulieu is a very soft defenseman who is not the best defensively. He also misses some muscular stature and strength.
Strenghts : What Beaulieu lacks in defense, he makes it in offense. He has amazing offensive abilities, amongst them : a quick and accurate shot, great passing, great puck control and good vision. He's also pretty fast and quick with the puck.​

3. Valery Nichushkin - LW - 1.93 m, 84.9 kg
Grade : 9.0E
Comparison : Pavel Datsyuk
Weaknesses : The only reason Nichushkin was selected as low as 19th overall is because of his attitude. He definitely lacks poise and leadership qualities. One thing he could improve too is his agressiveness.
Strenghts : Nichushkin has a tremendous skillset, possibly one of the most complete player in this year's draft. He's got a nose for the net, has a very great shot and passing that compliment very well his awesome vision of the play. He's also a great skater with great defensive skills.​

4. Jonathan Drouin - C - 1.78 m, 70.8 kg
Grade : 7.5B
Comparison : David Desharnais
Weaknesses : Drouin could be a bit more responsible defensively, and his lacks of size could definitely be an obstacle to his goal of making the NHL and having an impact on the team he plays on.
Strenghts : Drouin is known for his accute passing and vision, as well as his great puck-handling skills. Despite not being very responsible defensively, Drouin is still very good at stealing the puck from his opponents in the neutral zone.​

5. Malcolm Subban - G - 1.86 m, 82.6 kg
Grade : 8.0C
Comparison : Carey Price
Weaknesses : Subban's main weakness is getting back on his skates when he's on his knees, as well as his 5-hole.
Strenghts : He has great dexterity and agility, combined with fantastic speed. His puck-handling skills are also astonishing.​

The other prospects will only be graded and compared.

6. Sebastian Collberg - RW - 1.86 m, 83.1 kg
Grade : 7.5C
Comparison : Alexander Semin​

7. Jeremy Grégoire - C - 1.86 m, 89.4 kg
Grade : 8.0D
Comparison : Jordan Staal​

8. Kade Pilton - D - 1.96 m, 87.2 kg
Comparison : Shea Weber​

9. Matt Murray - G - 1.91 m, 74.0 kg
Comparison : Ben Bishop​

10. Colin Steckel - D - 1.91 m, 91.3 kg
Grade : 7.0B
Comparison : Keith Yandle​

The other prospects will only be ranked and graded.

11. Michael Bournival - LW - 1.86 m, 82.2 kg
Grade : 7.0B​

12. Bradley Latour - RW - 1.83 m, 84.4 kg
Grade : 7.0C​

13. Yuri Feodorov - RW - 1.93 m, 95.3 kg
Grade : 7.5D​

14. Teemu Eronen - D - 1.78 m, 81.3 kg
Grade : 6.5A​

15. Jonathan Racine - D - 1.88 m, 77.9 kg
Grade : 7.0C​

The other prospects will only be ranked without their heights and weights.

16. Jeremy Beaudry - D

17. Ville Husso - G

18. Mark Jankowski - C

19. Esa Lindell - D

20. Olivier Archambault - LW[/fieldset]

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Okay, this one wont be as long as the last one.. I'm not going to bother post anything about the season as I have no idea what to write. So instead, i'll just post the 2013 draft!!

At the 2013 draft, the Anaheim Ducks finished last giving them the chance to draft 1st overall. The 1st picked up from the Florida Panthers gave them the 3rd pick, so Anaheim traded Sheldon Souray, 2015 2nd, 2018 2nd to Columbus Blue Jackets for the 2nd overall pick.

2013 DRAFT PICKS

1) Nathan MacKinnon, C, 83ovr, B,A,B
2) Zach Fucale, G, 74ovr, B,A-,A
3) Jonathan Drouin, C, 75ovr, B,B-,B
35) Darcy Ashley, RW, 72ovr, C,B-,B-
78) Rasmus Ristolainen, D, 74ovr, B-,C,A-
97) Kris Munroe, D, 72ovr, B-,C-,B-
98) Arturri Lehkonen, RW, 73ovr, B-,B-,B
128) Will Butcher, D, 71ovr, B-,B-,B
158) Cole Wedman, D, 69ovr, C,C,B-

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Montreal Canadiens

tsn-tradecentre-iphone_65451.jpg
today is the trade deadline and GM Stewart stated that he wants to acquire the missing piece of the puzzle.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

I hear Montreal And Boston are talking. names im hearing are Paille and engqvist and possibly a pick. #Missingpiece?

about 30 minutes later the details of the trade came out.

TO :bruins

Engqvist
13' 2nd (mtl)

TO :habs

Daniel Paille

"we believe That daniel could be the missing piece to the puzzle" said GM stewart.

Paille will wear The Number 20 for the canadiens.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
[fieldset="Wednesday July 10th 2013 - Nashville shocks everyone and let Josi go"]
Despite everyone thinking Nashville would be matching the Montreal Canadiens' offersheet to young star defenseman Roman Josi, it appeared that their general manager decided otherwise. As a result, the Predators will receive the Canadiens' second round pick in the upcoming 2014 NHL entry draft.

Apparently, there were concerns about Josi's behaviour with his teammate, being described as a very solitary guy who was not very appreciated by his teammates.. Forward Andrei Kostitsyn commented on his teammate's departure for his old team, the Canadiens : "He weird guy. He shoot puck and pass puck but no talk. Very alone in locker. You know. Me try to talk to him but no talk to me. Hope he happy to be at Canadiens. Know I happy to be Nashville."

Josi is expected to arrive in Montreal next week to meet the medias. Remember that he was offered a one year deal worth $3.350M last week by the Montreal Canadiens.

Following this announcement by the Nashville Predators, there have been rumors that the Canadiens could be looking to trade one of their established defenseman for some future pieces[/fieldset]

:laugh:

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Habs finish 48-23-11

after a very good season the habs finished 1st in the eastern conference and they will face the 8th seeded Washington Capitals in the 1st round.

Habs leading scorer- Brian Gionta - 67 points (31g 36a)
best plus minus - Rene Bourque +27

GYI0062224232_crop_450x500.jpg

Gionta scored 67 points this year. this was his highest point total as a montreal canadien and his 2nd highest point total in his career

Goalie stats

Price - 40W-19L-8OTL save % .920

Harding- 8W-4L-3OTL save % .910

Habs regular season MVP - Carey Price and Brian Gionta

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Hey I'll be updating Avs soon but need some help in NY Islanders dynasty:

So the situation is I have such a good team right now nut the problem is I have too many good players and Great prospects in both ofense and defense.

So here the options for players I could get rid of for trades and please reply with answers.

Forwards:
Kiril Kabanov (82 Overall, B-/B/B Potential)
Reason he could stay: Played a good year in the AHL getting 69 points in 66 games and showed he was NHL-ready getting 14 points in 11 games in the NHL. He also is a possible Calder canditate.

Nino Niederreiter (84 Overall, B/B-/B- Potential)
Reason he could stay: Played second full NHL season getting 62 points in 2013-14 and 63 points in his rookie season in 2012-13. Consistent point scorer so far.

Dustin Penner (83 Overall, C-/C-/C Potential)
Reason he could stay: The past three seasons he has been consistent and progressed each season getting 74 points in 2011-12, 84 in 2012-13 and a career high 88 points last year including a 40-goal season.

Defense:

Andy Greene (80 Overall, C-/C/C- Potential)
Reason he could stay: Has shown offensive leadership getting 43 or more points seasons the last three including a 56 point season in 2011-12.

Ty Wishart (81 Overall, C/C/C Potential)
Reason he could stay: In the AHL has shown he had a scoring touch getting 55 points in 2012-13 but only amounted 17 in the NHL this year staying on the more defensive part of the game.

Please Reply! :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

"The Best Team In the World"
Calgary Wins the 2015 Stanley Cup

images

Flames nation passes around the giant flag before game one of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Revenge is tasting bittersweet right now for the Calgary Flames and their fans. After being swept in the cup finals by the Toronto Maple Leafs last year, the Flames came out on top this year in five games.

"There's no words to describe this feeling right now..." said captain Mark Giordano. "All the hates and naysayers thought we were going to choke again, but we proved everyone wrong. We're the best team in the world right now... it's awesome."

Game 1: 5-1 Win

Game 3: 4-1 Loss
Game 4: 5-3 Win
Game 5: 8-3 Win

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry for the double post, but I have a question for you guys. Now that I've rebuilt and won a Stanley Cup with Calgary, which would you like to see me do more:

- Continue with Calgary and try to win more Cups

- Choose a new team to rebuild and lead to a championship

If I choose a new team, I was thinking Tampa Bay, but I'm open to suggestions.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Sorry for the double post, but I have a question for you guys. Now that I've rebuilt and won a Stanley Cup with Calgary, which would you like to see me do more:

I'd say keep going... I met my Goal of getting 37 wins with the Ducks in my third season, but did not make the playoffs. Pretty sure I'm going to get fired, slightly annoyed about turning on the xbox and finding out. But when I do, I'll continue with GM Tom Renney with another team or whatever ...

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'd say keep going... I met my Goal of getting 37 wins with the Ducks in my third season, but did not make the playoffs. Pretty sure I'm going to get fired, slightly annoyed about turning on the xbox and finding out. But when I do, I'll continue with GM Tom Renney with another team or whatever ...

I hope you don't get fired! I like reading about your Ducks!

The only reason I'm considering doing a new team is that after I win a championship, I don't change much about the team, and it might be boring to read.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
I'd say go to Tampa honestly, like you said whenever you win the cup it starts to get boring but do a rebuild its fun to read them!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'd say go to Tampa honestly, like you said whenever you win the cup it starts to get boring but do a rebuild its fun to read them!

Yeah, I think I'm going to switch over to Tampa. They're my first choice, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Continue with Calgary until your contract expires, then sign with the worst team to offer you a deal.

How'd you get the screencap from the game? EA Sports Highlights?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hey I'll be updating Avs soon but need some help in NY Islanders dynasty:

So the situation is I have such a good team right now nut the problem is I have too many good players and Great prospects in both ofense and defense.

So here the options for players I could get rid of for trades and please reply with answers.

Forwards:
Kiril Kabanov (82 Overall, B-/B/B Potential)
Reason he could stay: Played a good year in the AHL getting 69 points in 66 games and showed he was NHL-ready getting 14 points in 11 games in the NHL. He also is a possible Calder canditate.

Nino Niederreiter (84 Overall, B/B-/B- Potential)
Reason he could stay: Played second full NHL season getting 62 points in 2013-14 and 63 points in his rookie season in 2012-13. Consistent point scorer so far.

Dustin Penner (83 Overall, C-/C-/C Potential)
Reason he could stay: The past three seasons he has been consistent and progressed each season getting 74 points in 2011-12, 84 in 2012-13 and a career high 88 points last year including a 40-goal season.

Defense:

Andy Greene (80 Overall, C-/C/C- Potential)
Reason he could stay: Has shown offensive leadership getting 43 or more points seasons the last three including a 56 point season in 2011-12.

Ty Wishart (81 Overall, C/C/C Potential)
Reason he could stay: In the AHL has shown he had a scoring touch getting 55 points in 2012-13 but only amounted 17 in the NHL this year staying on the more defensive part of the game.

Please Reply! :)

Is the problem 1-way contracts? I tend to keep my prospects in the AHL as long as possible, and just let declining/underproducing veterans walk. I don't trade UFA rights since the game values them the same as the signed player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad