News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Would rather ride out Volch's contract then Franzen. His contract is disgusting and with his play he can deteriorate at any time.

Volchenkov can be replaced in a heartbeat IMO. Franzen is a consistant 50/60 player that's real hard to knock down, is a beast come playoff time and would fit like a glove on one of our top 2 lines.

Give me Franzen over A-Train any day of the week and that includes their contracts. Worst case scenario, we buy out Franzen around the end of his term wich is pocket change around 2016-17 and for the next 2 years.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Like Rupp mattered anyway?! He's a nobody. Was never a factor. I actually liked having him on the Rangers. It's easy to hate ********, but it's even more fun hating them when they're on the Rangers.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Like Rupp mattered anyway?! He's a nobody. Was never a factor. I actually liked having him on the Rangers. It's easy to hate ********, but it's even more fun hating them when they're on the Rangers.

I took friends to see a Devils/Kings game back in 2009. Devils romped to a 5-1 win. On the drive back, my friends (Kings fans) were raving about Rupp out of all people. On paper, he only had 10 minutes of ice time and didn't do much other than get in a fight with Matt Greene during junk time. But I suppose to the naked eye, he was a big body that could skate/stickhandle decently.

I couldn't help but feel like I was trapped in the Islanders scouting meeting circa 1998.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would take Rupp as a 4th liner too if we didn't have Barch.

I didn't care for Rupp either time he was here. After having PL3, Peters, Boulton, and Janssen I kinda missed him.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Rupp is still a terrific fourth liner.
I'd take Rupp here as a 4th liner.
Did you guys like what you saw when we played the Rangers several times last season?

Because I remember one or two good games he had against Philly and that`s it. Maybe Bob Richards or whoever knows better, but I think he`s below average at best (now).

EDIT: I sure as hell wouldn`t take him over anyone on our current roster.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Rupp is still a terrific fourth liner.

Ehh not so much

I've been watching more Ranger games this season than in the past and he's been pretty terrible - he was never fast to begin with, but he's looked gassed and aside from his hitting/fighting, there hasn't been any energy from him

He's shot, we're far better off with the bottom guys we have

DevilsAnimal*

I actually liked rupp before he went to the rangers

its like the colours made him an *******

apice3*

I might take him over little Gionta. Probably not, but I'd consider it. I'd not take him over Carter or Bernier though.

I didn't mean at the expense of those guys. I meant for the team we currently ice. I'd rather him out there than Barch. Not that Barch has done anything wong, but I feel Rupp is better in all aspects. And he can at least win a fight.

Did you guys like what you saw when we played the Rangers several times last season?

Because I remember one or two good games he had against Philly and that`s it. Maybe Bob Richards or whoever knows better, but I think he`s below average at best (now).

EDIT: I sure as hell wouldn`t take him over anyone on our current roster.

The Rangers also have no idea how to use a bottom 6. Rupp put up 36 points and a +1 in the two years with Pittsburgh before the Rangers fixed that. Not much more you can ask of a 4th liner who can fill in on the 3rd line.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Even though NPalms wasn't a world beater, it's going to suck seeing him as a blueshirt

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
The Rangers also have no idea how to use a bottom 6. Rupp put up 36 points and a +1 in the two years with Pittsburgh before the Rangers fixed that. Not much more you can ask of a 4th liner who can fill in on the 3rd line.

This is a very good point

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I didn't like how Rupp left last time. He claimed the Devils held him back. No, it turns out he was actually never that good and the Devils were using him in the proper role all along.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I actually liked rupp before he went to the rangers

its like the colours made him an *******

No, he was an ******* before that. Remember when he tried to kill Pandolfo when he was in Pittsburgh? And going after Marty last year, as if his former friends were the reason he never became anything more than a fourth liner?

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

You know how it goes... in Soviet Russia...

I didn't mean at the expense of those guys. I meant for the team we currently ice. I'd rather him out there than Barch. Not that Barch has done anything wong, but I feel Rupp is better in all aspects. And he can at least win a fight.
Honestly, that`s actually the only aspect that comes to my mind.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007

Prust - Boyle - Fedotenko was amongst the best 4th lines in the league in recent years. Rangers lost depth in the off season and Sather is making moves to help that.

Rupp hasn't been the same since his knee surgery early on last season. Guy can barely skate.

Last edited:

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
turtles.jpg

from. the. vault.

That was after his first nhl game, or his first turtle.

sometimes, I wish putting the ref in the box for Five minutes was an option.

DevilsAnimal*

No, he was an ******* before that. Remember when he tried to kill Pandolfo when he was in Pittsburgh? And going after Marty last year, as if his former friends were the reason he never became anything more than a fourth liner?

I totally forgot about pittsburgh

K, just to encompass all, he was an ******* after he left the devils

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ

You know how it goes... in Soviet Russia...

Honestly, that`s actually the only aspect that comes to my mind.

What...the. I know the guy wasn't happy with the call, but how bad was it that all that went down?

To be honest I'm kind of surprised this doesn't happen in the NHL that often, if at all, with the disgusting way games are being called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad