News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GM17*

As long as the playoffs don't end up being division playoffs. Bad enough that the Atlantic division just beats the **** out of itself for 82 games leading up to the damn pissoffs. Just look at how it played out last year.

apice3*

I still think we're going to see Phoenix move and an expansion to 32 (Portland/Seattle, Quebec City, Atlanta Mark 3, Toronto Mark 2?) sometime in the not-too-distance-future, so a lot of these maps need to account for that. It's difficult to say what the maps will look like next season.

If Detroit moves East, they lose Chicago but gain Toronto back, a trade-off I think they'd be happy with.

I think Quebec and Seattle are the two teams. Atlanta isn't getting a team after two flops and I never saw the point of a second Toronto team. The Leafs have been around forever. Not a lot of fans are going to up and convert.

Either way, expansion is stupid. There are so many teams that can't sell tickets as is. How about the league marketing the sport first? It's the 4th or 5th most recognized sport in the US depending on where you rank the MLS. I'm no PR expert, but I feel like the NHL does nothing to promote itself to the average person.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

That's actually a solid deal for the Rags.

Powe is already a upgrade over Rupp and Napalm is just a bonus for their AHL roster. I always hated Rupp, even when he played for us, so I might be a little bias here.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Obligatory NaPalm derp face.

10560702-large.jpg

palmieri.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad