News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

What does Detroit's defence even look like atm? Is White injured? I know Colaiacovo is injured but I could've guessed that whitout even checking.

Can't wait for teams to suffer injuries on the backline, so we can maximise our "tradeable assets".

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What does Detroit's defence even look like atm? Is White injured? I know Colaiacovo is injured but I could've guessed that whitout even checking.

Can't wait for teams to suffer injuries on the backline, so we can maximise our "tradeable assets".

Unless one of those teams wind up 'being' us.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Detroit went from having Lidstrom rock solid on the backend, to having to rely on Colin White, Brett Lebda or any one of the numerous pylons remaining to help them get through the season.

Hopefully they go the trade route. Cause that's... depressing, to say the least.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

In my opinion - Simon Gagne more likely to be traded for help on LA Kings blueline than Jonathan Bernier. #LAKings #MayorsManor

Just do it already Lou... Tallinder for Gagné and call it a day.

Both contracts would be a wash, except Tallinder has that extra year.. but Gagné is injury prone. I'd love to have Gagné on our team, always liked him, even when he was with the Flyers.

We could then resign Zidlicky whitout jeopardising a roster spot for Larsson or maybe Urbom/Gélinas.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I love Gagne, always have, but I`ve lost a lot of confidence in him over the last two years. Injuries played a big part, of course, but he`s visibly declining. Then again, many players re-started their careers after changing the team. I`m just not sure he can. Him playing with Elias would be kind of ironic though. haha

Also, trading for him would kinda remind me the MacLean era:

http://video.tsn.ca/#clip501392

For whatever reason, the video won`t load for me now, but I think it`s the right one. :laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I love Gagne, always have, but I`ve lost a lot of confidence in him over the last two years. Injuries played a big part, of course, but he`s visibly declining. Then again, many players re-started their careers after changing the team. I`m just not sure he can. Him playing with Elias would be kind of ironic though. haha

Also, trading for him would kinda remind me the MacLean era:

http://video.tsn.ca/#clip501392

For whatever reason, the video won`t load for me now, but I think it`s the right one. :laugh:

Gagné would just be a "rental" more then anything else and with a shortend season, it wouldn't be that bad. As a bonus, we'd part way with Tallinder's extra year in order to either resign Zidlicky or promote one of Urbom/Gélinas.

It's a move that can benefit our club now and next year.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
And we`d piss off my fellow Flyers fans. That`s a positive too.

How about Stoll? I know not many care for him but he did have a good playoff and he can play center or wing.
He`s the Hollywood boy of that lineup. Not sure what his contract details are, but if he has a NTC, he won`t waive it.

Solid player, but I`d prefer a pure winger this time. The only exception is Benn, but that`s not happening.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

How about Stoll? I know not many care for him but he did have a good playoff and he can play center or wing.

I'd think the Flyers would rather move Gagné then Stoll in all honesty... and he's signed for the next 3 years at 3.25$ per, wich wouldn't be a very smart move on our part IMO.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Did you mean the Kings or was that made on purpose? :laugh:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Ken Holland tells MLive he ow working to sign a veteran D for tonight's game. "Been on phone for couple hours" he said.

Prepare yourselves, it`s coming!

EDIT: false alarm. Damn you Holland.

DET is signing UFA defenceman Kent Huskins today. One year, one way contract.

EDIT: I still wonder who is Gillies waiting for.

Last edited:

Oroku Saki*

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
DET is signing UFA defenceman Kent Huskins today. One year, one way contract.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Detroit went from having Lidstrom rock solid on the backend, to having to rely on Colin White, Brett Lebda or any one of the numerous pylons remaining to help them get through the season.

Hopefully they go the trade route. Cause that's... depressing, to say the least.

They also lost Brad Stuart as well from there defense

And upfront they lost Holmstrom and Hudler

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,†said Gillis.

Since this news came out yesterday the Canucks board has been speculating who this mystery team is that "has to do something with a player they have" in order to close the deal.

Philly- Buying out Bryz, in which cases the deal most likely wouldn't be going down until the off season.

Detroit- First having to find a new home for Howard

Florida- Needing to sign Weiss... but Florida is on everyone radar as far as trading Lou goes.

Colorado- (unlikely but certainly not on anyones radar) needing to deal with O'Rielly.

Tampa- Unloading Vinny (MTL?) to be able to fit Lou under the cap.

The Devils name has come up a lot in discussion over there too. Is there a player on your team right now that the Devils "have to do something with"?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
We have 2 NHL goalies with NTC/NMCs - one who has been our franchise goalie and the other who wanted the NTC so he could finally bring his family up to live with him.

100% certain that the Devils have nothing to do with Luongo.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I`d say Barch, just for comedic purposes.

We have too many Dmen, but that`s not really what you need or am I mistaken?

And many of those teams you listed really don`t make much sense at all.

It`s a mystery though.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I honestly think that The Panthers are going hard after Luongo and if that's the case and they do land him... We should call Tallon and open talks for Markstrom.

Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, Urbom and Markstrom? That would be sick for those young Swedes to all play for the same team !!!

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I honestly think that The Panthers are going hard after Luongo and if that's the case and they do land him... We should call Tallon and open talks for Markstrom.

Larsson, Josefson, Tedenby, Urbom and Markstrom? That would be sick for those young Swedes to all play for the same team !!!
Yeah, then trade Volchenkov for Nyquist and voilà, the Red Wings have moved to the Eastern Conference. Tallinder and Hedberg can mentor them all.

Keep calm and DATW.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Would love Marktrom but that sounds not cheap

Phase I: Acquire former Blackhawk that Tallon drafted
Phase II: Trade that prospect for Markstrom
Phase III: Profit

----------------

Devils trade Brandon Burlon and two large pizzas to Chicago for Kyle Beach.

Devils trade Beach and breadsticks to Florida for Markstrom.

This GM stuff is easy!

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Could the team be the Islanders? Buy out Dipietro, but would Luongo waive his NTC to them?

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
thank u mike milbury for ruining the isles once they were just getting good prospects/started. ughhhhhhh it burnses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad