News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Wait, Nino didn't even get invited to camp? What the hell? And they have Matt Martin playing?

His goal last year means nothing. He got Janssen minutes all season with garbage players after a few weeks of not producing. Just like Phoenix continuing to sign middling players for 2nd line center duties instead of giving Turris a chance, probably (and this is just angry speculation) so that Turris wouldn't break out and command more money. I don't blame either player for wanting out. "Earn your spot" means little to me when an organization has shown they're not interested in what's best for development.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
So.......who will come out of the SouthEast Division? I only expect the winner of the division to make it btw.

Carolinas addition of Staal seems more important than Semin, I am uncertain of their playoff entry this year. Florida is definitely not making over them or Tampa for that matter.

I choose Tampa for the South East. You?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Florida dismantled Carolina in the opener. Carolina has a lot of new faces so there will be growing pains since there was a short training camp. Wouldnt be surprised if the Cats and Caps make it in again.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Florida dismantled Carolina in the opener. Carolina has a lot of new faces so there will be growing pains since there was a short training camp. Wouldnt be surprised if the Cats and Caps make it in again.

Washington definitely has the team to do well, so long as Holtby and Neuvirth hold up and they don't take too long to adjust to Oates. The problem with Oates is that, unlike Deboer, he doesn't have a full season to really get guys running his system without hesitation.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa is garbage. One big can of trash defensively. Don't see them making it at all though I can't count too many teams out in 48 games. I think the Caps will more than likely not do good under Oates. I have a good feeling they'll regress. Anywhere from an 8th seed on down. Oates is a **** coach. I think the Canes can do something, but I won't hold my breath.

Each of the southeast teams have had some clunkers so far. Florida was real flat last night against Ottawa, after blowing out the Canes Saturday. Lightning crushed the Caps while still giving up 3 goals.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Washington definitely has the team to do well, so long as Holtby and Neuvirth hold up and they don't take too long to adjust to Oates. The problem with Oates is that, unlike Deboer, he doesn't have a full season to really get guys running his system without hesitation.
Completely forgot about Oates. Yeah you are right that division is wide open, I wouldnt be surprised if the Jets sneak in as well.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
dallas-stars-jumbotron-manti-teo.jpg

Dallas Stars @DallasStars
Our cameras at AAC are sharp! They just caught Manti Te'o's girlfriend in section 125 on the jumbotron! :D

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Southeast is so iffy the Canes might win it even with their usual crappy start and hot finish.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I can see the Canes unimpressively winning the division. Much like Florida last year.

Only because they're the only ones with any solid footing heading into this season.

I thought Tampa "upgraded" enough on defense so that their offense could handle the workload, but I need to see a few more games before I go back and eat my words.

Florida is going to be somewhat patchwork between phasing out the random assortment of UFAs and bringing up their highly touted prospects, so they're another tough call.

I can see Washington putting together enough points to sneak into 8th place. Oates will be tested this season, but with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green... they'll still find wins.

And then... Winnipeg. I don't know. Their transition game is somewhat dreadful, maybe it's just early season rust... but it seems like it's going to be tough work for them to win enough games this season.

Just my musings on the South East.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
So.......who will come out of the SouthEast Division? I only expect the winner of the division to make it btw.

Carolinas addition of Staal seems more important than Semin, I am uncertain of their playoff entry this year. Florida is definitely not making over them or Tampa for that matter.

I choose Tampa for the South East. You?
I pick Florida. They just have "it."

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just do it already Lou... Tallinder for Gagné and call it a day.

Both contracts would be a wash, except Tallinder has that extra year.. but Gagné is injury prone. I'd love to have Gagné on our team, always liked him, even when he was with the Flyers.

We could then resign Zidlicky whitout jeopardising a roster spot for Larsson or maybe Urbom/Gélinas.

I like Gagne, but he's running out of gas quickly. Tallinder is worth more than him at this point in their careers.

We have 2 NHL goalies with NTC/NMCs - one who has been our franchise goalie and the other who wanted the NTC so he could finally bring his family up to live with him.

100% certain that the Devils have nothing to do with Luongo.

Everything she said. Luongo might have been in Lou's plans if Marty actually had left last summer, but now that he's back, the Devils are set in goal for two years.

tumblr_mgzu1gKpvg1rat3buo1_500.gif

tumblr_mgzu1gKpvg1rat3buo2_500.gif

Their own TV presenter can`t tell who is who? :laugh:

She's got great crazy eyes. :laugh:

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
"I knew Parise was good, I never knew he was this good."

Looks like he managed to do something in 2 games with Minnesota that he didn't do in 7 years with us. Good grief, some people.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Is there a reason Subban and Benn aren't playing right now? Are they basically on strike until they get an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad