News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
thank u mike milbury for ruining the isles once they were just getting good prospects/started. ughhhhhhh it burnses

speaking of which...

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
my god the Islanders are just becoming a black hole of a hockey team now. Does anyone want to play for them anymore? :laugh:

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Anybody else expecting Feaster to get fired and Iginla to get traded (to the Bruins) before the deadline?

If they're middling outside the playoffs, where they usually wind up, near the trade deadline I can see him getting fired. Deadline is closer to playoffs than it typically is, so there'll be a clearer projection.

Then have someone new come in, blow it all up and rebuild.

Would not be surprised. Especially considering Feaster's pricey acquisitions over the summer that are really just... average.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
speaking of which...

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation

Nino you're 20, earn your spot. Feel bad for the Islanders.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I can't see Lou going after a 20 year who chooses to demand rather than earn - regardless of his divisional trade restrictions.

Especially when the Devils a have 20 year old stud dman who is sitting up in the press box and taking it like a man.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
No and No.

Iggy isn't going anyhwere. Flames are 0-2 but so are a bunch of really good teams. Give it time.
I know you like them, but they`re always below the line and it`s time to move on. Not drawing my conclusions based on those two games or assuming anything. I just get that feeling. Simple as that.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
**** it never ends for the isles. im starting to really like these guys, cuz all they do is get **** on

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I know you like them, but they`re always below the line and it`s time to move on. Not drawing my conclusions based on those two games or assuming anything. I just get that feeling. Simple as that.

ah.

I guess it certainly is a possibility if they fail hard this year. But I don't see it happening, I think they have a decent roster this year. Good young speedy forwards (Sven, Backlund), great goaltending and a new top 6 forward who can help with scoring (Hudler). Plus Bob Hartley is a good coach

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
ah.

I guess it certainly is a possibility if they fail hard this year. But I don't see it happening, I think they have a decent roster this year. Good young speedy forwards (Sven, Backlund), great goaltending and a new top 6 forward who can help with scoring (Hudler). Plus Bob Hartley is a good coach.
I don`t have high hopes for them, to be honest, but this I agree with. That said, as much as I like Bob, I`d rather if they got destroyed badly. It`d be better for their future. Those fans had enough of mediocrity since the lockout. They have solid young players in the system, but they also have a ****ton of money tied in bad contracts and players that will get them nowhere. If they truly want to be competitive for many years to come, the fail is the way. Forget the draft, what they need is a change of mindset.

Also, if they don`t trade Iginla, he`s gone after the season. Every player wants to win the Cup, especially the great ones.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He had 1 goal in 55 games last season. why does he feel entitled to a spot?

"The 20-year-old Swiss winger, who spent more than half the season with the big club last season, was not even invited to the team's training camp despite leading the team's AHL affiliate in scoring. Niederreiter has 19 goals and 17 assists in 36 games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers."

"There has been growing concern about Niederreiter's development since last season. Although the young prospect appeared in 55 games for the Islanders, he was used in a limited role. He managed only one goal, causing many to feel he'd be better off playing in Bridgeport and to speculate that the team could be keeping him around for cap purposes (i.e. his entry-level contract bonuses helped the team hover slightly above the cap floor)."

I would be pissed if my development was being abused because of islanders refuse to spend money to be over the cap.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong for a player to ask management for a trade.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
No matter what the actual reason is, how can you blame the guy for wanting out, when you know that they shouldn`t let him stay up in the NHL last year and should have invited him to the camp this year. If nothing else, the guy has almost 20 goals in the AHL this season, for crying out loud.

I admit that I was wrong about Turris, seems like the kid is kind of a jerk (had legit reasons to leave Phoenix though), but still. You don`t judge players when you know very little about them.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I would say we can go for Iginla but it would cost a lot and I expect them to be near the border of the 8th seed.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
No matter what the actual reason is, how can you blame the guy for wanting out, when you know that they shouldn`t let him stay up in the NHL last year and should have invited him to the camp this year. If nothing else, the guy has almost 20 goals in the AHL this season, for crying out loud.

I admit that I was wrong about Turris, seems like the kid is kind of a jerk (had legit reasons to leave Phoenix though), but still. You don`t judge players when you know very little about them.

Nino Niederreiter
Left Wing
Born Sep 8 1992 -- Chur, Switzerland
Height 6.02 -- Weight 205 -- Shoots L

Selected by New York Islanders round 1 #5 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009-10 Portland Winterhawks WHL 65 36 24 60 68 13 8 8 16 16
2010-11 Portland Winterhawks WHL 55 41 29 70 67 21 9 18 27 30
2010-11 New York Islanders NHL 9 1 1 2 8 -- -- -- -- --
2011-12 New York Islanders NHL 55 1 0 1 12 -- -- -- -- --
2011-12 Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 6 3 1 4 4 -- -- -- -- --
2012-13 Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 39 19 17 36 26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NHL Totals 64 2 1 3 20
Current statistics as of 2013-01-22

His stats are amazing in the WHL and AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad