News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
tumblr_mgzu1gKpvg1rat3buo1_500.gif

tumblr_mgzu1gKpvg1rat3buo2_500.gif

Their own TV presenter can`t tell who is who? :laugh:

God damn, that female needs a scrub up.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Is there a reason Subban and Benn aren't playing right now? Are they basically on strike until they get an extension?

Subban wants far more money than they're offering and he wants a long term while Montreal wants a short term (read because they're not sure if he's going to grow enough to warrant bigger money). Insiders say this could take a while.

Benn isn't that far off in terms with Dallas and expectations are he will be the first of the holdouts to be resolved and back on the ice. Days to weeks at most according to McKenzie.

O'Reilly is the longest term holdout and with both an injury and playing still in the KHL with his brother, it could be next season before anything gets done.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
550 short of capacity in Minnesota last night. I know its 3 games in 4 nights but isn't that THE state of hockey?

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Question of the day...would you rather see NYR go 0-3 tonight or Philly 0-4?

Personally, I would like too see another NYR loss. I'll "pull" for Philly tonight and just tonight so NYR keeps going down the hole.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Personally, I would like too see another NYR loss. I'll "pull" for Philly tonight and just tonight so NYR keeps going down the hole.

NYR is playing Boston, so why can't we have both?

EDIT: Oh, you're referring to Thursday. Well hopefully both will be playing for the opportunity to go 0-4.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

I'd prefer to see neither of them get a loser point. Other than that, don't care much.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Rangers & Flyers don't play each other til Thursday.

I will take anything other than a 3 point game.
If one of them has to win, I pick the Flyers I guess.

GM17*

Maybe the rink will implode in a rift through time and space and the NHL will go with 28 teams

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I personally try and consentrate on how the Devils are doing. Just as along as they take care of business, I try not to worry about the Rangers or the Flyers, until we play them.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
As everyone's been pointing out today, the Devils started 0-3-1 in 94-95, so there's no reason to count anyone out yet, or sing much praise for New Jersey. It sure is nice seeing those teams lose, though.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Damn.

The NHLPA is now allowing rookie cards to be made this year and all the new rookies that played to be released next year instead. Still driving me nuts even after the lockout.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
i reallllly hate the Capitals and always have. I'd root for the Flyers to get in over them even believe it or not if I was assured one of them were to make the playoffs and one were to miss.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i reallllly hate the Capitals and always have. I'd root for the Flyers to get in over them even believe it or not if I was assured one of them were to make the playoffs and one were to miss.

I don't hate the Capitals, but I can see them missing out. Adam Oates has John Maclean written all over him. Just like he did when he coached our PP. I'm not sure he'll be as bad as Maclean, but I can see them struggling under him.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You will forever hate the Captials if you sit in the uppers at their arena. A very drunk, self entitled, arrogant, trashy fanbase. They piss me off.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When does Tambellini get desperate, and start sending off some of those forwards for some defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad