News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Colaiacovo reportedly out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

Detroit might start getting desperate enough to give up something better than Franzen.
Wish they had more to poach from.
I would love Filppula.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
would love fil but I dunno if they'd be down for that. We might have to add more than we would want. They have some good prospects they may part with though. Always blows my mind that players seemingly drop and then detroit grabs them to see them turn into quality pieces.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Lemme guess, Ribeiro? I was a 126 and should have been a 132 cause I flubbed him, Cammalleri and Stastny

Yup. For some reason I thought it was Ribiero and didn't even think that I spelt it wrong. Cammallerri is hard, I always spell Stastny wrong at first too.

Semak

Linus Omark signed with Zug of the Swiss for a year. Understandable with all the FWD depth in Edm. Not saying I want him in NJ, but I wonder if he's still their property.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

Detroit might start getting desperate enough to give up something better than Franzen.
What`s the update on White? Went down during the 3rd. Haven`t checked it yet.

Also, Tampa could use a solid Dman too.

Gimme Tatar or Panik and I`ll be jumping of joy.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would love a defenseman to go soon. That way it opens up a roster spot for a forward, and gets Larsson back into the action. You know I love our CBGB line, but I'm not sure how far we're gonna get with that as our third line. I think we might be in trouble if we keep rolling that as the third line. I also want Larsson back in the lineup.

I just don't see Larsson getting back into the lineup unless someone either gets injured, or we start losing with what we got. Even then Pete's thinking might not be ''To spark this team we need Larsson back in'' he might feel the current lineup gives us a better chance to win.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Abo is right, seems like everybody needs defencemen. I hope Lou is busy taking advantage of this situation.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Looking at the trade board it seems like the teams most in need of D right now are: LA, Detroit, Washington and St Louis (they did sign Redden recently though, don't know how that affects their need)

Lou should be able to get something good for either Volchenkov or Tallinder you would think.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Looking at the trade board it seems like the teams most in need of D right now are: LA, Detroit, Washington and St Louis (they did sign Redden recently though, don't know how that affects their need)

Lou should be able to get something good for either Volchenkov or Tallinder you would think.

St. Louis, eh?:naughty:

:sarcasm:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
St. Louis, eh?:naughty:

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Tarasenko needs to hit a dry streak before Lou can work that magic.

Cam + Tallinder & a 2nd rounder should do it. :sarcasm:

vladimir-tarasenko-i-hope-that-we-will-fight-only-for-gold-56.jpg

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Watching highlights of the Bruins and Jets... Man, Boston is loaded from top to bottom.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Was a really intense game between those two yesterday. Good game. Boston did look very good.

Had no idea Peverley was such a speedster, damn was he flying.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
my gf's fantasy hockey league NOBODY picked up taresenko...so 2 days ago, i was like 'hey search this dude, he's not available is he?' he was. this is going to be easy peasy japaneasy

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I watched that game and Boston hit like 5 posts and had a ton of scrambles they should have scored on. It was scary how good they were at getting odd man attacks on the goalie. But then it was Winnipeg...

The Hamilton/Chara pairing already has me crapping my pants... That's a duo that will be a force for the next 5 years+.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Lou & Lombardi are friendly with each other. LA is hurting for a defensemen now.

Team is in the other conference. I'm thinking this is where the trade happens - not that Lou ever does what anyone thinks he will do. But, that seems like the Lou-est move of them all.

-Friendly acquaintance
-Won't benefit a team he's up against
-Opportunistic

The Hamilton/Chara pairing already has me crapping my pants... That's a duo that will be a force for the next 5 years+.

It'd be nice if we'd be able to beat them, at least once.. just ever again.
Our forwards are getting smaller and smaller... so that'll be a treat to watch.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Ken Holland tells MLive he ow working to sign a veteran D for tonight's game. "Been on phone for couple hours" he said.

Why doesn't he just call Lou instead :naughty:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

There alot of hot gabarge out there and if Detroit wants to make the postseason, they better add someone with more skill then whoever's available atm...

List of all UFA Defensemen as of 1/22/13

1. Sean Zimmerman 2. Mathieu Carle 3. Sean O'Donnell 4. Matt Hunwick 5. Danny Richmond 6. Brett Ledba 7. Brett Regner 8. Brad Lukowich 9. Doug Janik 10. Kurtis Foster 11. Kris Fredhelm 12. Jeff Penner 13. Dean Arsene 14. Nate Oystrick 15. Nick Ross 16. Kurt Sauer 17. Colin White 18. Kyle Hagel 19. Kent Huskins 20. Nolan Baumgartner 21. Ryan Parent 22. Zach McKelvie 23. Shaone Morrisonn 24. Kyle Lawson 25. Mathieu Roy 26. Jaroslav Spacek 27. Keith Seabrook 28. Joe Callahan 29. Chris Campoli 30. Alex Henry 31. Danny Masse 32. Mark Mitera 33. Garrett Stafford 34. Jay Leach 35. Yuri Alexandrov 36. Mark Eaton 37. Milan Jurcina 38. Mike Vernace 39. Craig Schira 40. Dan Jancevski 41. Pavel Kubina 42. Alex Picard 43. Boris Valabik 44. Brett Clark 45. Mike Commodore 46. Scott Jackson 47. Richard Petiot 48. Sebastien Piche 49. Jeff Finger 50. Matt Lashoff 51. DJ King 52. Zach Miskovic 53. Mark Flood 54. Randy Jones 55. Andrei Zubarev

Isn't Kurtis Foster (#10 on this brutal list) with Philly? I see them recycling Brett Lebda, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad