News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I'm feeling a Pens win. They have owned the Rangers these last couple years at MSG.

Agreed. The Penguins own the Rangers like nothing I've ever seen before. Rangers have sucked against them like since before Mario was drafted

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Crosby and Malkin are healthy at the same time. It's tough to bet against the Penguins when that happens.

GM17*

Crosby and Malkin are healthy at the same time. It's tough to bet against the Penguins when that happens.

it's when they play their worst hockey tho lol always seem to be better when one or the other is injured for w/e reason

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Not really, unless they did a good job photoshopping people in during video highlights. You guys were just overexaggerating, or saw it late in the third period :P

I had the game on with 4 min left 1st P, There was NOONE in the downstairs seats.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
ByKevinAllen: Flames goalie Henrik Karlsson traded to the Blackhawks for a seventh-round pick.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Good deal for the Hawks. Karlsson has rare glimpses of greatness sometimes, and a 7th round pick is nothing.

Oroku Saki*

Yeah I'm trying to figure that one out myself. Didn't see the game, but apparently Emery had a rough night. Possible that Calgary's eating part of the cap hit as well.

I think you can only eat real dollars. Cap hit is the same.

apice3*

Coulda had him for free.

Yeah I'm trying to figure that one out myself. Didn't see the game, but apparently Emery had a rough night. Possible that Calgary's eating part of the cap hit as well.

It's probably an AHL move. If they claim him, he goes to their NHL roster and I would imagine they have 23 guys there already. Since he's already in the AHL, no one has to clear waivers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Hogs goaltending is horrid and getting worse every night ,, This was a AHL move

Karlsson also is much better insurance in event of injury to one of our goalies then a bum like Carter Hutton who not only sucks but has no NHL experience

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hogs goaltending is horrid and getting worse every night ,, This was a AHL move

Karlsson also is much better insurance in event of injury to one of our goalies then a bum like Carter Hutton who not only sucks but has no NHL experience

I was more curious in why they traded for him now rather than claim him off waivers last week. I suppose they have the benefit now that Karlsson is waiver exempt for the entire season.....and it was only a 7th rounder.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I was more curious in why they traded for him now rather than claim him off waivers last week. I suppose they have the benefit now that Karlsson is waiver exempt for the entire season.....and it was only a 7th rounder.

That's exactly it.

If they claim him off waivers, than he has to be on the NHL roster I believe. So to get around it, they wait till he clears and trade virtually nothing for him, as it was an acquired pick.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Colaiacovo reportedly out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

Detroit might start getting desperate enough to give up something better than Franzen.
Wish they had more to poach from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad