Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I think if they signed Graves and Siegenthaler they're in a position to potentially move Smith considering they'll still have Vukojevic, Okhotyuk, and Bahl without even mentioning Hughes and Muk. I desperately want Graves and Siegenthaler extended.

Siegenthaler yes. Graves I'm open to talking about in a trade this year. I wouldn't advocate for it, but I'd get it if you can get a really good offer for him I definitely am open to moving him. Problem is that there are a lot of defenseman likely to be on the market this year, so supply and demand probably prevents us from getting an awesome deal that would make us say yes.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I’m hesitant to trade Smith at this point too especially since we don’t know how Muk, or any of the other LHD prospects, is gonna look in the NHL.

We don’t even know what side Luke Hughes is going to play on. If Luke plays on the right suddenly that left side isn’t so deep without Smith.

But playing off of the rumors that we have Vancouver wants Zacha supposedly for Dickson but no one thinks that’s fair value. Smith has also been rumored as a potential target by Vancouver.

Devils are rumored to want Boeser and supposedly have for a while.

I’m just trying to connect whatever dots have been thrown out there. I don’t think Smith is expendable yet but if we can get Boeser it’ll fill a major hole we have at wing using potential strength at LHD we have. It would be a gamble but the payoff would be a jackpot.

Of course with Mercer looking so good on the wing we might not need to look for a top 6 RW anymore.
But see that would be reasonable. I would consider something based around Smith for Boeser but it would have to come with a contract extension for Boeser. But throwing him in for a Zacha Boeser swap is absurd. Then get rid of the likes Of Johnsson and Tatar who are complimentary players and IMO middle sixers. We need more for sure 1st and second line players.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I think if they signed Graves and Siegenthaler they're in a position to potentially move Smith considering they'll still have Vukojevic, Okhotyuk, and Bahl without even mentioning Hughes and Muk. I desperately want Graves and Siegenthaler extended.
Yeah extending those two, especially Graves, is really important to what happens with Smith. This just adds to the risk we would be taking by trading him now. But Boeser is a high risk/high reward return.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I always love this line of thinking. Would any of those three players fetch a 1st in this upcoming draft? That's highly debatable. Equating their value to that of a 1st because there were 1st round picks, does not make their current value equal to a 1st. Otherwise that "dump" would be a 1st.

I think Ty Smith still has that value, rough year not withstanding. Obviously not a top ten pick or anything, but if a team like Arizona moved Carolina's first for Smith, or Montreal moved Calgarys' first, or Buffalo moving Vegas' first, I don't think people would view that as out of line.

He's shown an ability to play at a high level in the NHL (he was really good last year) and he's only basically a season into his career with regards to number of games.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I always love this line of thinking. Would any of those three players fetch a 1st in this upcoming draft? That's highly debatable. Equating their value to that of a 1st because they were 1st round picks, does not make their current value equal to a 1st. Otherwise that "dump" would be a 1st.
Smith is still worth a first. Right around where he was drafted. Just because he’s have a sophomore slump doesn’t mean he’s a bust or his value should be permanently lowered. He’s still young and has a lot of potential that his value is based off of.

Foote and Zacha are debatable but I’d say closer to a second. Foote is still potential though whereas you’d have to hope Zacha has a Bennett type of change of scenery improvement.

But we aren’t actually getting 3 1sts back so it’s just a value comparison.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Siegenthaler yes. Graves I'm open to talking about in a trade this year. I wouldn't advocate for it, but I'd get it if you can get a really good offer for him I definitely am open to moving him. Problem is that there are a lot of defenseman likely to be on the market this year, so supply and demand probably prevents us from getting an awesome deal that would make us say yes.

Agreed. Both would be nice if possible. Siegs will be cheaper, quality of player they're similar but Siegs is much better defensively, and would likely fetch less. If it's one or the other Graves should be the one to go

Reactions: Forge

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I said it was a better season "for Zacha". I never said he was better than Boeser. Lets look at the stats. Zacha came into the league two years younger than Boeser. Lets see what would happen to Zacha and his numbers an dconfidence if he played with the Sedins. I have never said that Zacha is better. I have said that Boeser is clearly better than Zacha. I think Zacha is an average second liner. But NJ doesn't have a second line. They switch everything up and don't put all their eggs in one basket. Their third line is as deep as their second line on a healhty roster. My point is that if Zacha was given first PP opportunity and Boeser was playing on a balanced line up as opposed to a top heavy line up then maybe their numbers would be more similar this year. Zacha has had a mix of linemates this year that has included the majority of the time players that aren't at the same calibre that Boeser has night in and night out. Not even close.

Boeser didn't play with the Sedin's, you are aware of that right? His most common line mates his first year were Horvat and Baertschi and he still produced, this whole narrative that he has only produced with superior linemates is a load of crap.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Makes sense. I'm a devils fan so I'm good with it lol.

There would be room for negotiation on an add, but it's not a first. Just not a thing thats happening with the Devils where they are at.
the devils first will most likely be a top 10 pick and i wouldn't trade it straight up for boeser. boeser has qualities but also flaws and limitations. with a top 10 pick you aim for a more complete player. you may end up with zacha type, who can't put all together.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
the devils first will most likely be a top 10 pick and i wouldn't trade it straight up for boeser. boeser has qualities but also flaws and limitations. with a top 10 pick you aim for a more complete player. you may end up with zacha type, who can't put all together.
It could be conditional… devils choice of this year or next.

Reactions: zcaptain

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Boeser didn't play with the Sedin's, you are aware of that right? His most common line mates his first year were Horvat and Baertschi and he still produced, this whole narrative that he has only produced with superior linemates is a load of crap.
He did play with the Sedins. Even one of them said that he is the best scorer that he's ever played with. They played on the same line, but not throughout the whole season, but often played onthe top PP unit. You don't think he had superior linemates compared to Zacha?
Hmm let me see for the most part you have Boeser playing with the Sedins, Peterson, Horvat and JT Miller thorughout his whole career. Did Boeser play with the Sedins all the time? No. But they were a line at times and he spent a lot of the time on the first #PP with them. That is a fact. Then you have Zacha who for the most part played with a mix of Bratt, Gusev, Nico, Vesey, Zajac, Merkley, Simmonds Stafford and Wood and barely got any PP time up until the end of the the year before last. I would say that the linemates are clearly superior on the offense. If you think that those players are on the same level playing field you are either ignorant or delusional and literally making those players I mentioned on Vancouver to be not as good as they actually are in order to claim that Boeser isn't playing with better linemates. Lets also put together the fact that Boeser also has argubaly the best puck moving defenseman in the league to assist in getting him the puck while you have Zacha normally not having the top offensive D even on his team on the ice when he is. When you have the likes of PK and Will Butcher bringing the puck up the ice you aren't geting the chances either.

A path to 50 goals for Brock Boeser - Vancouver Is Awesome Article referencing the Sedins and Boeser together.

Why Brock Boeser didn't get as many goals in 2019-20 - Vancouver Is Awesome Here is another article stating that one of the reasons why his numbers dropped was becasue of the absence of the Sedins.

Autographed Vancouver Canucks Daniel Sedin, Henrik Lundqvist & Brock Boeser Fanatics Authentic 16" x 20" Spotlight Photograph You can buy that and ask yourself why the three of them are autographed in a picture together. Maybe because they were a line?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
He did play with the Sedins. Even one of them said that he is the best scorer that he's ever played with. They played on the same line, but not throughout the whole season, but often played onthe top PP unit. You don't think he had superior linemates compared to Zacha?
Hmm let me see for the most part you have Boeser playing with the Sedins, Peterson, Horvat and JT Miller thorughout his whole career. Did Boeser play with the Sedins all the time? No. But they were a line at times and he spent a lot of the time on the first #PP with them. That is a fact. Then you have Zacha who for the most part played with a mix of Bratt, Gusev, Nico, Vesey, Zajac, Merkley, Simmonds Stafford and Wood and barely got any PP time up until the end of the the year before last. I would say that the linemates are clearly superior on the offense. If you think that those players are on the same level playing field you are either ignorant or delusional and literally making those players I mentioned on Vancouver to be not as good as they actually are in order to claim that Boeser isn't playing with better linemates. Lets also put together the fact that Boeser also has argubaly the best puck moving defenseman in the league to assist in getting him the puck while you have Zacha normally not having the top offensive D even on his team on the ice when he is. When you have the likes of PK and Will Butcher bringing the puck up the ice you aren't geting the chances either.

A path to 50 goals for Brock Boeser - Vancouver Is Awesome Article referencing the Sedins and Boeser together.

Why Brock Boeser didn't get as many goals in 2019-20 - Vancouver Is Awesome Here is another article stating that one of the reasons why his numbers dropped was becasue of the absence of the Sedins.

Autographed Vancouver Canucks Daniel Sedin, Henrik Lundqvist & Brock Boeser Fanatics Authentic 16" x 20" Spotlight Photograph You can buy that and ask yourself why the three of them are autographed in a picture together. Maybe because they were a line?

He barely played with them though and most of his goals came 5 on 5 and playing with Bo and Sven. Yes he got PP1 time and the Sedin's saying that is just their personality they talk up everyone, honestly he surprised the hell out of the fanbase because nobody thought he would be that good playing with the likes of Sven and Bo.

The Canucks’ best 2016-17 lines suggest a starting lineup for 2017-18 - Vancouver Is Awesome- which is exactly how it played out.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019

He played with the Sedins on the powerplay. The Sedins were not his regular line mates. Most of the production from his first year came from 5v5, which means that most of his production has nothing to do with the Sedins.

These are all facts.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
He barely played with them though and most of his goals came 5 on 5 and playing with Bo and Sven. Yes he got PP1 time and the Sedin's saying that is just their personality they talk up everyone, honestly he surprised the hell out of the fanbase because nobody thought he would be that good playing with the likes of Sven and Bo.

The Canucks’ best 2016-17 lines suggest a starting lineup for 2017-18 - Vancouver Is Awesome- which is exactly how it played out.
BUt he still played with them a lot. I am not saying they played all the time. They still played on the same line. Horvat missed a lot of games and he also played with them at the time. Either way. lets assume he played 75% of the season with Horvat and 25% with the Sedins and still played on the top PP unit. Since then, he has played with two elite players in PEtterson and Miller. My point still stands.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
He played with the Sedins on the powerplay. The Sedins were not his regular line mates. Most of the production from his first year came from 5v5, which means that most of his production has nothing to do with the Sedins.

These are all facts.
BUt they still did play together. They were linemates but not primarily. They also played together on the top PP unit quite often. I am not saying he played a full season with them. BUt lets compare who he played with compared to who Zacha played with his first three years. You have guys like Drew Stafford,, BRian Gibbons and Stefan Noeson and Miles Wood calibre. Huge difference. There is no argument. lol

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
So long story short devils won’t give up a good pick or prospect… don’t really see a basis for a trade around Boeser at this point in time. The only way this could play out is if devils take back Dickinson and/or poolman.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
BUt he still played with them a lot. I am not saying they played all the time. They still played on the same line. Horvat missed a lot of games and he also played with them at the time. Either way. lets assume he played 75% of the season with Horvat and 25% with the Sedins and still played on the top PP unit. Since then, he has played with two elite players in PEtterson and Miller. My point still stands.

NO he didn't, you can't say this because it didn't happen, his primary line mates were AGAIN Bo and Sven, even when Bo went down he didn't play with the Sedin's.

The point is he proved he could produce in his first year without superior line mates, the narrative that he needs those type of players was disproven in his first year.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
So long story short devils won’t give up a good pick or prospect… don’t really see a basis for a trade around Boeser at this point in time. The only way this could play out is if devils take back Dickinson and/or poolman.

I think you'd find a decent number who would be willing to part with Smith, though yes, there are some who wouldn't

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC

At 5v5, Boeser played with the Sedins for a total of 90:40 and away from the Sedins for a total of 860:39 while they were teammates. So, a little bit shy of 10% of the time Boeser was playing 5v5. In other words, yes they were linemates and no they did not play a lot together.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
NO he didn't, you can't say this because it didn't happen, his primary line mates were AGAIN Bo and Sven, even when Bo went down he didn't play with the Sedin's.

The point is he proved he could produce in his first year without superior line mates, the narrative that he needs those type of players was disproven in his first year.
Dude. you continue to put words in my mouth. I never said he didn't produce his first year without superior linemates. He had the advantage of playing with them. I also never said he needs those types of player to succeed but paying with those kinds of players are beneficial when it comes to scoring. I also linked articles that talked about how he benefited from playing with the Sedins.
Once again my argument is and has been right from the start. Boeser has played with better players and has been given more opportunity than Zacha. That is 100% true.
I also have been trying to justify the differnece between Zacha and Boeser is not Smith or a first and to justify that I have also talked about how Boeser makes almost three times as much money as Zacha and has had better linemates.
Zachas first three seasons he NEVER had consistent linemates and spent virtually all of his time playing with guys who were NOT their top offensive guys. There were fans that didn't liek Zacha and guys like me who thought Hynes ruined him and never gave him the opportunity to have consistent players to develop chemistry with. Then in Zachas "Fourth" year he finally had consistent players in Bratt and Gusev who were still not the same level players that JT Miller and Petterson are. He started to turn and we all saw it. He had something like 22 points in his last 30 games. Then we all had lots of hope the next year and then Gusev did absolutely nothing. Yet Zacha was still on pace for 54 points, led the team in points including more than Bratt who many thought was the best of the three and his having a PPG year this year. . This year Zacha and Boeser are posting close to similar PPG with the advantage to Boeser, but Boeser is also getting more opportunity than Zacha. That being said. That is my argument for saying that the players value wise are not as far off as people think. Yes Boeser is better. But not to include Zacha 'and' Smith.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
At 5v5, Boeser played with the Sedins for a total of 90:40 and away from the Sedins for a total of 860:39 while they were teammates. So, a little bit shy of 10% of the time Boeser was playing 5v5. In other words, yes they were linemates and no they did not play a lot together.
Which is exactly what I am saying. If you get 1 in 10 shifts with the Sedins and are playing with them on the PP regularly it clearly helps to produce points as opposed to playing with Zajac and Gibbons and much of your time on the PK.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Dude. you continue to put words in my mouth. I never said he didn't produce his first year without superior linemates. He had the advantage of playing with them. I also never said he needs those types of player to succeed but paying with those kinds of players are beneficial when it comes to scoring. I also linked articles that talked about how he benefited from playing with the Sedins.
Once again my argument is and has been right from the start. Boeser has played with better players and has been given more opportunity than Zacha. That is 100% true.
I also have been trying to justify the differnece between Zacha and Boeser is not Smith or a first and to justify that I have also talked about how Boeser makes almost three times as much money as Zacha and has had better linemates.
Zachas first three seasons he NEVER had consistent linemates and spent virtually all of his time playing with guys who were NOT their top offensive guys. There were fans that didn't liek Zacha and guys like me who thought Hynes ruined him and never gave him the opportunity to have consistent players to develop chemistry with. Then in Zachas "Fourth" year he finally had consistent players in Bratt and Gusev who were still not the same level players that JT Miller and Petterson are. He started to turn and we all saw it. He had something like 22 points in his last 30 games. Then we all had lots of hope the next year and then Gusev did absolutely nothing. Yet Zacha was still on pace for 54 points, led the team in points including more than Bratt who many thought was the best of the three and his having a PPG year this year. . This year Zacha and Boeser are posting close to similar PPG with the advantage to Boeser, but Boeser is also getting more opportunity than Zacha. That being said. That is my argument for saying that the players value wise are not as far off as people think. Yes Boeser is better. But not to include Zacha 'and' Smith.

You said Boeser benefited from playing with the Sedin's alot, he didn't, did he benefit from playing on a team with the Sedin's, absolutely, but his abilities and what he accomplished, were all him, if you watched that season you would know this, he was literally the only shining light on the team.

This narrative that him and Zacha are close in value because Boeser has through out his career played with better line mates is a load of crap, as evidenced by the fact that Boeser proved he could produce with Bo and Sven in his rookie season.

That's my point. Boeser is at the very least a tier above Zacha, at the very least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad