Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Drance makes stuff up all the time. Ty Smith makes no sense for Van. Sat Shah on the other hand is clearly connected to the team and says there have been deep conversations about Dickinson for Zacha (did not say 1 for 1).

With the BS Drance said about Hughes on an IV last year I can’t believe people still take him seriously.
Him and Sekeres are worse at making shit up than Eklund. I still can’t believe drance did an interview saying something along the lines of “it isn’t any of our business where [Quinn] Hughes spent the all star break, but my colleague and I published an article on The Athletic about it.” Kardashian level bullshit and he needs to be removed from every platform he has.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I get the age part of that it you're building for 3-5 years down the line (Severson is 27 now), but the "too expensive" part is pretty off base. It's a little over 4 million through next year. That's a really nice value
For 1.4 years, which accomplishes nothing for a bottom 10 Vancouver team, then he'll be approaching 30 and in need of a new deal.

It makes no sense for Vancouver. Especially when they're obviously looking at younger defense like smith and lundqvist.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Nothing really new, but:

5. Brock Boeser
Right Wing, Vancouver Canucks
Contract: Pending RFA, $5.875 million AAV ($7.5 mil. minimum qualifying offer)
Last Rank: 6th
Scoop: Trade chatter surrounding Boeser has grown louder in the last number of days as the Canucks’ newly assembled regime settles in ahead of the deadline. With 10 goals in 21 games, no Canuck has benefitted more than Boeser from Bruce Boudreau being behind the bench in Vancouver. Keep in mind: Jim Rutherford has repeatedly stressed that creating salary cap flexibility is key. There are other roster players that can achieve space and freedom, but there is a sense the Canucks are not sold Boeser’s play will be commensurate with the large qualifying offer due to him this summer, which makes him a prime candidate to move. It’s entirely possible that J.T. Miller, who is much more of a driver than Boeser, remains in Vancouver and Boeser is on his way to a new team. Could New Jersey be a fit for Boeser?

18. Pavel Zacha
Left Wing / Center, New Jersey Devils
Contract: Pending RFA, Arbitration Eligible
Last Rank: 16th
Scoop: Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald is exploring a whole host of options to shake up the roster over the next number of months and Zacha is one of those intriguing options. He has value. He’s also going to be due a somewhat significant raise this summer and is arbitration eligible, so the question is: Are the Devils comfortable paying Zacha the bump? Zacha is on track for his first career 20 goal season. He has reportedly been connected to the Vancouver Canucks. He could be part of a package that includes Boeser (No. 6 above) as the Devils were believed to have gone deep on Boeser in the last couple years on deals that never quite got done.

Reactions: Cogburn

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I mean Boeser to devils in a package including zacha could very well happen… it would really depend on what else is included. Devils fans on here have made it abundantly clear they won’t move Mercer, Holtz, 1st… so at a loss on what else… 2nd + ?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I mean Boeser to devils in a package including zacha could very well happen… it would really depend on what else is included. Devils fans on here have made it abundantly clear they won’t move Mercer, Holtz, 1st… so at a loss on what else… 2nd + ?

Devils fans wouldn't be making the trade but not sure how badly the Canucks really need in a guy like Zacha?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Devils fans wouldn't be making the trade but not sure how badly the Canucks really need in a guy like Zacha?

Depends if Zacha can play C or not. If he can play C or is a net front presence he would have a spot on the team. If he is just a 2/3 line LW then he may just be a spot filler until Hoglander or Podz can hold down that spot.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
That last one. A second or a prospect and a third-is. That's what I see. It may not be enough from Van and I get that, but it should not be more. Guess we will see.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
giphy.gif

^^Jersey fans........................................^^Canucks fans
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think Vancouver fans will be disappointed with the Boeser return. Yes he was very productive in the past, but teams are going to be trading for the value they provide in the future as opposed to what he's already done.

He's expensive, having a down year, and doesn't seem to fit in with Rutherford's vision. All of those things make him less valuable and more expendable.

2019 Boeser? Yes absolutely, he'll get an unprotected 1st and a bluechip prospect. 2022 Boeser? That's a completely different asset.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think Vancouver fans will be disappointed with the Boeser return. Yes he was very productive in the past, but teams are going to be trading for the value they provide in the future as opposed to what he's already done.

He's expensive, having a down year, and doesn't seem to fit in with Rutherford's vision. All of those things make him less valuable and more expendable.

2019 Boeser? Yes absolutely, he'll get an unprotected 1st and a bluechip prospect. 2022 Boeser? That's a completely different asset.

That said, I could see Rutherford just saying no and living with Boeser like STL lived with Tarasenko. It's not ideal but if they can get one more year out of Boeser on his QO and dump him next TDL for a best available offer with retention they could go that route. They can also bite the bullet and extend him if they decide to go that route. VAN isn't looking to rebuild and if Petterson's comments are to be believed, the team needs to start winning sooner rather than later if they want him to stay past his RFA years. Given the better record under the new coach and maybe they just ride it out and see what next season brings. If VAN is asking for an overpayment for Boeser that is their right as it is the right of other teams to say no to that sort of request.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Nor do I… a deal around Boeser for zacha seems counterproductive for Canucks.

Not sure either, unless it’s a bigger shake up deal.

I know Boeser + Dickinson was thrown around a bit. Devils could realistically do that, but probably want to send out another forward with salary to do so. Would make the most sense for the Devils to send out their more expendable guys like Johnsson (3.4 for one more year), Tatar (4.5 for one more year), or Kuokkanen (1.8 for one more year).

I can’t see any being of interest to Vancouver except for maybe Johnsson. None of those guys help Vancouver to be a better skating team and would add cap which seems to be counter productive to what Vancouver is looking for. Unless they see a combined total of 10 million in Boeser + Dickinson versus 6-6.5 million in Zacha (RFA at seasons end) + Johnsson and shorter commitment to be worth it.

It’s also hard to see how the Devils can fill in the gap in value in that deal too. Bahl and 2022 2nd maybe? But then I don’t see the incentive for Vancouver here.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I have a really hard time putting a value on Boeser, sure he'd a heck of a lot better than Zacha but I don't know how much better in $
as his contract is waaaaay higher already and will get even higher

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

LOL Boeser is 24 years old. He hasnt even hit his prime yet. You talk of him as if he is 32 years old and on the down swing of his career.

"2022 Boeser" is having a down year according to you, which i can agree with.

Boeser's down year and he is still on pace for 26 goals.

Imagine thinking that GMs wont pay for a 24 yr old sniper on pace for 26 goals on a down year.

Also, 26 goals is his pace for the entire year, a year in which the coach got fired for enforcing a terrible system. Since new coach and new system (24 Games played) Boeser has been playing at a 38 goal per season pace.

"teams are going to be trading for the value they provide in the future" according to you

in other words, what have you done for me lately,

So whats the worth of a sniper playing at a 38 goals per season pace the last 24 games at 24 yrs old?

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
LOL Boeser is 24 years old. He hasnt even hit his prime yet. You talk of him as if he is 32 years old and on the down swing of his career.

"2022 Boeser" is having a down year according to you, which i can agree with.

Boeser's down year and he is still on pace for 26 goals.

Imagine thinking that GMs wont pay for a 24 yr old sniper on pace for 26 goals on a down year.

Also, 26 goals is his pace for the entire year, a year in which the coach got fired for enforcing a terrible system. Since new coach and new system (24 Games played) Boeser has been playing at a 38 goal per season pace.

"teams are going to be trading for the value they provide in the future" according to you

in other words, what have you done for me lately,

So whats the worth of a sniper playing at a 38 goals per season pace the last 24 games at 24 yrs old?
boeser turns 25 in three days and his first full nhl season was his most productive:

GamesGoalsAssistsPointsGPGAPGPPG
2017-18622926550.470.420.89
2018-19692630560.380.430.81
2019-20571629450.280.510.79
2020-21562326490.410.460.88
2021-22461513280.330.280.61
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

you might understand the fear, he won't become substantially better in the upcoming years.

Reactions: HBK27

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
boeser turns 25 in three days and his first full nhl season was his most productive:

GamesGoalsAssistsPointsGPGAPGPPG
2017-18622926550.470.420.89
2018-19692630560.380.430.81
2019-20571629450.280.510.79
2020-21562326490.410.460.88
2021-22461513280.330.280.61
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
you might understand the fear, he won't become substantially better in the upcoming years.

Not sure why you dont think a 24 yr old player who has been playing on a bad team wont get any better.

Even if you dont think he will get any better, with those production, Boeser will still return a 1st and a prospect at a minimum.

Of course not all 1st are same value. If its an NJD first then that might be enough in itself.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not sure why you dont think a 24 yr old player who has been playing on a bad team wont get any better.

Even if you dont think he will get any better, with those production, Boeser will still return a 1st and a prospect at a minimum.

Of course not all 1st are same value. If its an NJD first then that might be enough in itself.
zacha was a high first. :sarcasm:

Apr 9, 2009
USA

It's not that he won't get any better, it's that he really hasn't gotten any better. Having the opinion that the trend will continue is definitely understandable.

I have no dog in this fight. Boeser is a good player, I like him.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Boeser the Scorer,Hughes playmaker Mercer The hardworker.
Bratt the playmaker and shooter Hichier 200' player, Wood the Tom Wilson Light.
Very good top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad