Post-Game Talk: Nash vs Dubinsky 1/6/14 (and some other guys played too)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank backing up his play 100%

As he should. And as I'm sure the entire team would too.

And come on, you can tell he was pissed about those shoot out goals. He even said the difference was he didn't stop the breakaways. As crazy as you haters are, nobody is harder in Hank than he is on himself.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
I'm surprised we got a point. This team has showed no heart or willingness to battle back. If anyone on this team has showed any of that it was the guy that got thrown out. I almost turned the game off at the beginning of the 3rd. I'm glad I didn't and I'm glad i saw Nash actually give a damn out there. He was involved with all 3 goals. We need him to play like this more often.

Disagree. This team has battlee back multiple times, at home especially. I thought we were going to give up a goal in regulation to lose honestly. We expend so much energy to come back, then we've given up a game losing goal this year.

I did notice that after we tied the score we became passive and tight.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
What? He's played like ****. This game was an exception.

While I disagree in general that he's played like **** it's not really my point. All I'm saying is it seems like people are actually just more interested in feeling hopeless than excited. Even if you're right and he has been awful and I've got my homer glasses on, isn't it anyone glad to see a performance so contrary to that? Does anyone give a ****? Or since scoring two goals is the expectation every night it's nothing but him meeting expectations. Maybe I should just keep it to myself but I find it really frustrating how little other fans seem to even want to root for the team. Whatever, it's just one guy's opinion, but it seems like a waste to focus so exclusively on hating a team we supposedly support.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
totally agreed...can not believe the henrik hate tonight...he was outstanding, how many point blank shots did he stop? OMGZ he didnt stop a breakaway, get rid of him!

I swear some of the arm chair gms here have either never played hockey at any level, or just want to hate him for no reason.

we lost for 1 frikkin reason...we stopped playing after Kreider took that penalty and it killed us.

Your blinded by hank love. omg. he battled the puck all night. he was to deep yet again on the deflection goal. He was picked apart in the shoot out but that happens..

Kreider major was a bs call.. no way a major..

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If this team has had positives this year, it's been the powerplay and the ability to come back to tie games.

We've won a lot of points with those two factors. Problem is everything else has been pants.

90 points should get us in. Lets shoot for that.

Vidic15*

If this team has had positives this year, it's been the powerplay and the ability to come back to tie games.

We've won a lot of points with those two factors. Problem is everything else has been pants.

:laugh: Pants. Nash was the dog's bollocks tonight, though.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
While I disagree in general that he's played like **** it's not really my point. All I'm saying is it seems like people are actually just more interested in feeling hopeless than excited. Even if you're right and he has been awful and I've got my homer glasses on, isn't it anyone glad to see a performance so contrary to that? Does anyone give a ****? Or since scoring two goals is the expectation every night it's nothing but him meeting expectations. Maybe I should just keep it to myself but I find it really frustrating how little other fans seem to even want to root for the team. Whatever, it's just one guy's opinion, but it seems like a waste to focus so exclusively on hating a team we supposedly support.

I agree with you 100%. A ridiculously high percentage of people that post here use this place as a platform for their thoughtless whining and absolutely nothing else. This season is particularly bad in that regard for whatever reason.

I thought a lot of the whipping boys looked good tonight. Callahan had a good game, did all the subtle little things that make him useful. Girardi made some mistakes, but he made a lot of very smart plays as well. Hank wasn't the usual Hank that we've come to expect, but he wasn't bad either. He made some very big saves and he failed to make some very big saves. Getting back to his peak will be a process and this was a step.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
so glad that hank is on his game now :sarcasm:

Good thing we didnt give away any points to an inferior team :sarcasm:

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
I loved the effort from this team tonight. Disappointing that a 5 min. major was called on Krieder.He tried to stop and hit him from the side. Turns out that Tyutin was hurt with a lower body injury. Not a head injury. Boarding two min. at most. A memorable game. loved the effort. Hank gave up one bad goal. You can't blame him on the first two.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
Regardless of his play the last two games, Nash is still in my Dog House. I’m all about effort and when he shows the same effort he did in the last two games in the future, then he’ll come out of it. He showed great effort in Toronto(trying to make the Canadian Olympic Team?) and against a former team. Let’s see it from now on.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Why is it so important to make the playoffs if we are not winning anything?

Anything can happen!!

You have to admit that half of them are total BS though. Most of them are for him being bigger than people.

Happened a lot to him in college too. Thought it would stop in the NHL. Guess he's still stronger than 90% of NHL'ers too. Absolute freak of nature.

I thought Lundqvist played very well tonight, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one. From what I've seen of Talbot, and he has been been excellent, I don't see him stopping any of the goals, and potentially letting one or two of the saves in.

Has Talbot even faced a breakaway this year? I agree with your goaltending assessment. But once again, people just look at the saves/shots number, see 3 GA, and go off complaining about Hank's performance. It's like clockwork with this fanbase sometimes.

Why? So we can get spanked by the Crosby's or the Broons?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm waiting for the day that AV and/or Ulf blows their ****ing gasket and start throwing sticks/bench pieces/water bottles on the ice in a ****ing fit of rage...

Dear god it will be awesome. maybe AV will even choke on his gum too.

jk, I'm actually a fan of AV right now. Not everything is going the way we want it to but anyone that thought we would become a 3 seed after a minor coaching change and piece of **** roster is absolutely delusional... I know at one point I imagined it, but it just seemed too good to be true.

I feel like we have a decent shot with AV running the ship... At this moment? No, but I like what I'm seeing and I believe it's only going to get better.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I loved the effort from this team tonight. Disappointing that a 5 min. major was called on Krieder.He tried to stop and hit him from the side. Turns out that Tyutin was hurt with a lower body injury. Not a head injury. Boarding two min. at most. A memorable game. loved the effort. Hank gave up one bad goal. You can't blame him on the first two.

wonder if the coaching staff did that as a favor? Avoids Kreider from being suspended?

dunno why that crosses my mind.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Because as much as people ask for it, the Rangers are never, ever going to commit to re-tooling.

As long as Sather has the delusion that this is a contending team, we might as well make the damn playoffs. We have nothing better to do.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I'm the sort of person who things a shot in the playoffs is better than no shot. I'm not overly impressed by this years draft crop, either. Next years is something.

NYR can beat Pitt in a 7 game series. Just not in their current form. You forget how many mental problems Fleury and the Pitt defense have had int he postseason.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I'm the sort of person who things a shot in the playoffs is better than no shot. I'm not overly impressed by this years draft crop, either. Next years is something.

NYR can beat Pitt in a 7 game series. Just not in their current form. You forget how many mental problems Fleury and the Pitt defense have had int he postseason.

Not likely. They are simply a much better team. Hank would be under siege every game and I don't think this year's version of him is up to the task.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
wonder if the coaching staff did that as a favor? Avoids Kreider from being suspended?

dunno why that crosses my mind.
I will be very suprised if kreider is suspended. I mean james neal got 5 games for kicking a guys head off with his skate. Myers got 3 for going for a direct head hit. Kreider was clearly stopping, hit his shoulder not that hard.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011

It can’t always be about winning and losing. When I see the effort that was displayed tonight, I’m satisfied. This was an exciting game. If this continues the wins will come.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Maybe the draft isn't impressive, but I would move some of the core for great prospects now if I had the chance.

What would making the playoffs accomplish? We're far from being a contender. And still will be when Sather inevitably sends some well-needed picks or futures for old crap like Mr. ****in All-Star or Havlat. Just gets us a worse spot in the draft and another early exit.

And something tells me we wouldn't be able to score on any team in the playoffs. Even if Fleury does go back to Seive-mode for a third year.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Kreider would have been POTG, Nash takes it, after them there is no clear 3rd.

It was a game of high's and lows. It looked like they were almost striving for 2 complete games in a row.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
We lost the game in the first period. I know that sounds stupid, but they didn't take advantage of the opportunities to get a lead early when they were controlling play for the first 10 minutes. Then Columbus scores first. That's bad. We suck at home and even more when we're trailing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Maybe the draft isn't impressive, but I would move some of the core for great prospects now if I had the chance.

What would making the playoffs accomplish? We're far from being a contender. And still will be when Sather inevitably sends some well-needed picks or futures for old crap like Mr. ****in All-Star or Havlat. Just gets us a worse spot in the draft and another early exit.

And something tells me we wouldn't be able to score on any team in the playoffs. Even if Fleury does go back to Seive-mode for a third year.

I have no problem moving impending UFAs on this roster. I just don't see that as acceptance of defeat. We got Moore, Brassard, Dorsett for Gaborik. A promising NHL youngster, middling 2nd-3rd line RFA center, and solid bottom 6 player on a good contract. We should be able to get at least a nice young roster player and prospect for our guys.

Man, would I love to have Foligno.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1