Post-Game Talk: Nash vs Dubinsky 1/6/14 (and some other guys played too)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It is absolutely relevant. Performance vs. salary is crucial in a league with a salary cap. He played a pretty good game, and is now making ELITE money. He needs to play at that level or he will be a weight around the team's shoulders.

Hey buddy, he's not making $8 million yet.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
People might listen to you if you know WTF you were talking about.

Okey tell me then. What was Hank suppose to do? Hah. No goalie in this League can save shots like that. Cam Atkinson is a skilled player. Strålman as last deffender shot the puck and he blocked it and used his speed. Strålman should get the blame for the 2nd goal, not Hank. So u dnt know what u are talking about.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I know Henrik is staying. Don't want him traded. But its now January and he still looks lost and unsure.

"Slick moves" beat him in OT? No. He backed into the net on the first shooter. Second shooter he just watched stickhandling on his doorstep rather than be aggressive.

Actually he went for the poke check and Johansen deked around it.

Overall very disappointed with the effort after the tying goal. Looked like we gave up after that. Thought Lundqvist, Nash, and Stepan all had really good games. Zucc was frustrating at many points, power play was pretty flat but I'm willing to count it as a step forward if we follow it up and beat Chicago.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
How many times has Hank been beaten through the legs? That's the pad change. I don't see most of the goals against going through this legs. That's why I believe this is not a pad issue.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Lundqvist keeps getting crapped on, but he had a pretty good game. The first goal, deflection. Second goal, breakaway move. Third goal, left wide open on a pretty good shot by Wiz. Maybe he could have gotten to the Wiz shot but most goalies don't.

Once he made over 8 mil, and he doesn't have a 1 GAA and a .940 save percentage, we are being overly critical. He played well tonight especially in the third and OT. Bob also let in three goals. Does he suck too?

I'll take a 2 GAA and a .900 SV% at this pt. most of all! I just want to win. And if the team plays better under another goalie and we win, he has to sit. We need wins.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Can anyone tell me what Lundqvist did wrong in this game? He got beat on a deflection, a breakaway and a pure snipe. Talbots gotten beaten on these kinds of things and no one *****es about them. Are you complaining about the number being 3? Or are you complaining about him giving up "softies?"

Big contract = big expectations. Hank gets paid to be a difference maker, and he hasn't really been that all year. Sure he has had his moments, but at $8.5 per you want more. I thought he played better tonight. Certainly not the reason we lost the game, but I fully understand why people are angry with him.

tbonenc*

And Hank just won a shoutout three games ago. Jesus some of you are so "what have you done for me lately" that I really wonder.

And people saying that Hank doesn't look like himself blah blah blah. Shut up. You have no idea what you're talking about. Hank has clearly been trending upwards ever since the Tampa Bay game. If you knew anything about goaltending it would be as clear as day. But most of you don't is you just sit here blaming it on the goalie like most uneducated hockey fans do.

Hank isn't in Vezina from but he's getting there. Since that Tampa game he's been getting better and better. Look at his mechanics. No wasted movements. All of his movements are powerful and smooth. His reflexes are looking on point. His confidence is coming but that will be he last and most important piece to get hi m back to Vezina form. Hank now vs Hank early this season is night and day. So you morons who keep refering to him as **** and playing like garbage just stop. You're showing your ignorance to the game and especially the position.

I am a fan of the team first. I want Hank to get his game back, but, frankly, I don't see it.

Coming on a board full of people that you don't know and questioning their knowledge brings your credibility into question.

Just let people vent. They are frustrated and the goalie is always the easy target. Hank is especially so since getting his contract and fans being used to his past play.

Hopefully, the entire team finds their games and we can start enjoying watching our team a little more.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I feel like Nash and Kreider were the two who stood out for me. Nash probably wins the contest but I voted for Kreider because the mashcrush is strong with him.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I thought it was a good game. I'm actually surprised that we battled back from losing Kreider. I really hope he's not suspended.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Chris Kreider has 16 minor penalties to lead the team. A far sight too many, honestly.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I'll take a 2 GAA and a .900 SV% at this pt. most of all! I just want to win. And if the team plays better under another goalie and we win, he has to sit. We need wins.

We need trades and a pick. This team ain't winning **** come playoffs.

Not with this goaltending.

Not with this defense.

Not with this offense.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
How many times has Hank been beaten through the legs? That's the pad change. I don't see most of the goals against going through this legs. That's why I believe this is not a pad issue.

An example of this is the second goal tonight. On the breakway, the shooter got him to open up the five hole. Bigger pads wouldn't have stopped that.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
With all the money that Hank is costing us I would honestly see the way the rest of this season plays out and if Talbot continues to play well and proves to be a solid goalie AND if Hank does not elevate his game then I would be happy to deal him use the cap space to our advantage. If possible.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Oh my god I wish I could bet all of my vcash on that game. Talbot and his fan club would be in for a rude awakening.

I'm pretty sure you can bet all your vcash.

Also I don't think Talbot has a fan club yet. People like to see this team win. They've been doing it with regularity with Cam in nets. I don't root for players, I root for the Rangers. So if Cam wins more games, I wanna see Cam play.

I love Lundqvist, though. I hate that I even have to point that out as fan of this team, but with all the whiners and children on this board calling him cashqvist and a choker and all that, I feel I should make it known. In a perfect world, Henrik is killing it in net and we're not even having any sort of goalie controversy.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
An example of this is the second goal tonight. On the breakway, the shooter got him to open up the five hole. Bigger pads wouldn't have stopped that.

Yea but Atkinson is a skilled guy. It's not like Boyle got him to bite and open up his pads. You have to admit that most goals don't go through his five hole.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
We need trades and a pick. This team ain't winning **** come playoffs.

Not with this goaltending.

Not with this defense.

Not with this offense.

But ain't happening..slats will not blow this up

tbonenc*

Okey tell me then. What was Hank suppose to do? Hah. No goalie in this League can save shots like that. Cam Atkinson is a skilled player. Strålman as last deffender shot the puck and he blocked it and used his speed. Strålman should get the blame for the 2nd goal, not Hank. So u dnt know what u are talking about.

I posted earlier, so I'm not going into much detail
He should have been better positioned on the first goal.
Second and third were not directly attributable to Hank's play, but he didn't make the big save either.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Big contract = big expectations. Hank gets paid to be a difference maker, and he hasn't really been that all year. Sure he has had his moments, but at $8.5 per you want more. I thought he played better tonight. Certainly not the reason we lost the game, but I fully understand why people are angry with him.

U can pay ur goalie 20 mill pr year and still loose With this defense. Its not good enough. They remind me of Colorado a few Seasons ago. Colorado had O Byrne, Hunwick, O Brien, Wilson, Johnson etc. Johnson was the only solid D. Like McD. Then Wilson was more like Strålman. A guy that peeps didnt expect to much from, but still played well. The rest of the D were horrible or worse. Colorado did something about that and signed better Ds, while we blame Hank for every goal. We need to make trades to strengthen Our D. Remember that Strålman was on his way out of the NHL when we signed him. Now he is Our 2nd best D. Moore is the same story.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Girardi was making great outlet passes all night. Something he regularly gets crapped on for. He was fantastic on the OT PK as well.

Girardi made some spot-on plays in the defensive zone. Stopped several thread-the-needle passes to the slot, and the few times he DID get caught up, he hauled his ****ing ass back to the defensive zone and broke up the play with a back check...

I'm really looking forward to see how this team looks at game 60... if we keep seeing games LIKE this, even if we're losing, that simply means we're only a few pieces away from actually getting some solid, established scoring (I'm not pulling the "we'll be a cup contender")...

Also, side note, Boyle was effing awesome on that last PK....

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
But ain't happening..slats will not blow this up

That's why I am accepting more and more that fact that we aren't garnering more points as the season dwindles.

I mean, you think this team is going to show the same level of fire and intensity as the other seven teams who make it in? A physical series and you'd be right on wagering on the Rangers..before.

This team? You'd be a joke-and-a-half to think they have a fighting chance, no pun intended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad