GDT: Mtl v. SJ: II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I feel like all Eller, DSP, and Petry need right now is CONFIDENCE. DSP and Petry because they're new, and haven't been a part of the Success of the team (thereby not gaining the confidence from it), Eller, because he's getting more and more focus on him as his slump keeps going.

From the years I've spent watching hockey, I've realized just how much of a mental game hockey is.

i agree on dsp. petry looks fine, he's not a kid anymore, if anything he's probably happy to be out of that dumpster fire. for eller? i don't know. no points but he's been playing much better the last two games so id say he's gotten some confidence back because he was really bad prior to those 2 games

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
prust is killing me out there as well,...i know hes not supposed to be an offensive help

but god ..questionable plays out there by him

well, just a game to forget all around really

hope for a strong third and a way better showing vs anaheim

i hope everyone is watching DD getting manhandled out there

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
We all like to ***** on DD but Plekanec and Eller have been pretty bad as well. We currently don't have a center playing well.

Edit: well, DLR has been the best but that's a problem.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I feel like all Eller, DSP, and Petry need right now is CONFIDENCE. DSP and Petry because they're new, and haven't been a part of the Success of the team (thereby not gaining the confidence from it), Eller, because he's getting more and more focus on him as his slump keeps going.

From the years I've spent watching hockey, I've realized just how much of a mental game hockey is.

True. Confidence is key. But when you are acquired by a team, if there's something you can't lack is confidence. You want to show that new team that they did the right choice. Somehow, right now, it's really as if DSP just can't. Doesn't seem lazy, do work his butt off. But he's just not reading the play right now.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
look habs are playing like **** vs extremely desperate team but i'm going to sound like a broken record.

against big teams with big D and 'heavy' centers' pleks, DD and Gallagher get exposed and can't be expected to do heavy lifting. The bottom 6 and D are significantly bigger but we needed another big winger to insulate this top 6

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He has to try something new in the 3rd. On the top line that is. Be fair and treat all the players like you say you do. You constantly say "players earn their ice time" and you consistently show this is true for everyone except a couple players.

It surprises me that the players don't revolt against him. But I guess they're professionals and like Desharnais, but god damn it's so obvious.

Will happen eventually. Just has been delayed this year.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
MT going to try 15 new line combinations in the 3rd period, just watch.

I think he has a monkey in his pocket that hands him slips of paper.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Whitey. He wouldnt just let guys continually take free shots at the Habs meal ticket.

Agree with you here. My bad - I forgot about Ryan! I think we've got too much talent to keep him, but I do miss his attitude.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Yes they have been. I don't know what MT sees with that pairing. They haven't looked very good together to me.

No, they haven't looked good at all. Plekanec and Galchenyuk don't mesh, at all. There's a reason why Plekanec is such a hard player to find chemistry with, and that reason is because he's actually a pretty selfish player. Not that that's a bad thing, but Galchenyuk needs to play with offensive players that can get him the puck. Without the puck, Galchenyuk can fall into spells where he doesn't do much for long stretches and appears to be invisible out there.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Gotta admit I'm feeling pretty much the same. But really, it's just three games, one week... not nearly enough time. Remember last year when it took Vanek two weeks to start producing? Suggest we chill out and think of it as preseason for the playoffs.

He wasn't producing in Anaheim either.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The habs gotta find a way to create time and space, not only this game but in general. They're way too predictable in their own end.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Getting there. From the 2nd, to the 3rd and the 4th. Only thing left are good performances by Flynn and Mitchell and up he goes. Don't think that's what should be happening....as they will look like total and pure idiots....but I wouldn't be surprised.
If he gets benched it will remind me of the Briere signing. Couldn't figure that out at all. We sign him and MT refuses to play him. That's fine btw, it was a bad signing. But just surprised to see MT bench a guy they just signed.

Same thing here only this time it cost us a really good prospect.
as much as i dont want to **** on DSP so early but..

i CANT BELIEVE we traded sekac..i just simply ...cannot believe it...

personaly

i think theres a very BIG reason why michel couldnt win the cup in pittsburgh, and they IMMEDIATELY won it when he left... my god....
People wonder why I'm always talking about MT.... this is a good example. We just took a step back because our coach doesn't understand or appreciate skilled players. He has no idea what to do with them. Sekac looked like a big step forward for this team. We found a top six young player out of thin air. And now he's gone...

Like I said, I'll wait and see... but it really doesn't look good right now and I hate that we lost Sekac.
THIS JUST IN : The Montreal Canadiens ain't never gonna score ever again against San Jose
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad