GDT: Mtl v. SJ: II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I think Pelley has actually played alright in his few games with the Habs. Just tonight he has been out of position on his Dman at least twice in the 2nd period and the 2nd time it cost the team a goal.

Anaheim is a dump and chase team and Montreal is about puck possession. It will take time for him to adjust.

Oh and Habs usually like to block a lot of shots so please DSP if you're going to try and block a shot make sure it gets blocked.

Habs have being horrible possession stats.

DSP knows this division. Is known for hitting in this division. Is not hitting tonight?

This is feeling eerily familiar...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
We all like to ***** on DD but Plekanec and Eller have been pretty bad as well. We currently don't have a center playing well.

Edit: well, DLR has been the best but that's a problem.

Eller as looked better to me than both DD and Pleks combined tonight.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
This goalie Stalock is swimming in his net. He dives a lot like Mike Smith, Ben Bishop, Craig Andreson and Tim Thomas.

Stalock had a pretty bad injury to start the season but if you remember him from last year's playoffs you will know how good he can be.

He also handles the puck very well.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Garbage game but love what i see from Petry. He can really skate, a lot of potential when he settles in.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Well people generally tend to flip flop between bashing Eller in one GDT and DD in the next (myself included). If DD was the chosen one today, I'd be making the same case about him.

I think the most I said about Desharnais was a reply to you (IIRC) in the first GDT basically saying that people who defend Eller generally argue right away that DD is worse than him and DD sucking doesn't make Eller not suck, it just makes them both bad. I think that was honest enough in regards to DD, yes he is very invisible in this game but he's not sticking out like a sore thumb (like Eller). In the end, they both suck (as does the entire team tbh).

If you say so.

You just seem to demand accountability from Eller "supporters" by directly quoting and addressing them, while not doing the same for DD "supporters".

Ultimately though, we see Eller get demoted / punished, so no need to get so worked up about it.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hi.

Is Talor fkn Hall not inconsistent ? is he a clutch player ? I'd wager he's also incredibly invisible. Galchenyuk had a rough period in the 2nd, but he came out guns blazing in the first. Choose your battles, this is not one of them.
Taylor Hall has demonstrated more talent and ability in one season than Alex has in his NHL career. He's also on the WORST team in the league while Galchenyuk is on one of the absolute best. Context matters.

I recommend you stop micromanaging my posts already - it's been some time now, you're like a nagging wife.

Hall is better and has more value than Galchenyuk right now. Chuck's got potential but... now? I don't see how anyone would take him over Hall.
A bunch of monkeys on HFHabs have previously said that Galchenyuk is worth as much as Ryan Johansen. And also that Hall and Galchenyuk have equal value.

It's as if they only see what they want to see with this kid. He's good, he's our best young player, but he's not tearing the world apart and if he was a 1st overall pick he'd be rather disappointing.

He wasn't producing in Anaheim either.
He's never produced in his NHL life.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
:laugh: We will say that so much till the end. I'm also personnally hoping for a better showing at home. But I've never seen him look so bad. Clearly so far...DA SYSTEM isn't working. Hated the deal....but always thought he'd actually looked great at first and die down as it progresses.....we're already at the "dying down" moments....Though, it probably ONLY can progress.....true? Please? Yes it will. He will get better.

If it continues like that though....and we had to trade with Anaheim....we should have traded for Etem....at least the speed would be there.
Hopefully we didn't just trade for Rene Bourque...

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
67-27-11
51-14-15(or whoeverthe****)
DSP-81-Weise
8-DLR- don't care

DSP PAP and 4th RW are open spots for new guys.

God it's awful

Ahaha

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I really hoped PAP would be traded yesterday. He doesn't do anything good on the ice. Uhh

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If you say so.

You just seem to demand accountability from Eller "supporters" by directly quoting and addressing them, while not doing the same for DD "supporters".

Ultimately though, we see Eller get demoted / punished, so no need to get so worked up about it.

And if you say so...

Like I said, DD is invisible right now. Eller is sticking out like a sore thumb. Had it been the other way around, you'd be replying to me with the same comment but about Eller instead.

LaTenderness*

Sharks hadnt won at home in forever and weren't gonna be beat on this night.

What u can take away from this game -

Our studs are just that... Studs (Markov, PK, Patch, Chuk, Plek )

Gallagher makes life tough on his opponents in so many ways. Love him

Petry will be a very good addition and is fast and smooth

We have WAY too many Plugs ( Dale Manny Devonte PA David......)

And...

Brolieu is an absolute keeper

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014

DSP knows this division. Is known for hitting in this division. Is not hitting tonight?

What do you do when you play a possession team? Clog up the neutral zone and don't let them have the puck.

Saintpatrick*

as much as i dont want to **** on DSP so early but..

i CANT BELIEVE we traded sekac..i just simply ...cannot believe it...

personaly

i think theres a very BIG reason why michel couldnt win the cup in pittsburgh, and they IMMEDIATELY won it when he left... my god....

Big fan of your posts you nailed it. Sekac was a fantastic possession guy that on some nights was the only guy winning the battles in the corners and along the boards. To give up on him after 50 games played was just premature. MB rarely makes a bad trade but this one was awful.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

He got a few borderline interference or charges in. Hits, yes, but AWAY FROM THE PLAY and did nothing to extend possession. It sure helped when he had Getzlaf and Perry using their skill to dig the puck out for him.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
funny-gif-prank-girl-punch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad