GDT: Mtl v. SJ: II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Galchenyuk and Plekanec have been atrocious the last few games. Galchenyuk with at least three blatant turnovers in the first two periods.

Good end of the second period at least.

Yes they have been. I don't know what MT sees with that pairing. They haven't looked very good together to me.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Trade's not looking that great so far is it?

Hopefully he steps it up in the postseason.

as much as i dont want to **** on DSP so early but..

i CANT BELIEVE we traded sekac..i just simply ...cannot believe it...

personaly

i think theres a very BIG reason why michel couldnt win the cup in pittsburgh, and they IMMEDIATELY won it when he left... my god....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hi.

Is Talor fkn Hall not inconsistent ? is he a clutch player ? I'd wager he's also incredibly invisible. Galchenyuk had a rough period in the 2nd, but he came out guns blazing in the first. Choose your battles, this is not one of them.
Hall is better and has more value than Galchenyuk right now. Chuck's got potential but... now? I don't see how anyone would take him over Hall.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I'd like to see a fast fourth line; Mitchell and Flynn should help
DSP ...wow.... not in sync with his team.... early returns are't impressive
I've liked Petry though.... flashes of good rushing Dman.... of course he passed to Pleky and that killed the one rush.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I feel like all Eller, DSP, and Petry need right now is CONFIDENCE. DSP and Petry because they're new, and haven't been a part of the success of the team (thereby not gaining the confidence from it), Eller, because he's getting more and more focus on him as his slump keeps going.

From the years I've spent watching and playing hockey, I've realized just how much of a mental game hockey is.

Mynameismark*

Who... Murray? Yes, he's tough, with the caveat that other players have to skate directly into him. Or Parros? Which toughness did we lose that's of any value?

Whitey. He wouldnt just let guys continually take free shots at the Habs meal ticket.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He has to try something new in the 3rd. On the top line that is. Be fair and treat all the players like you say you do. You constantly say "players earn their ice time" and you consistently show this is true for everyone except a couple players.

It surprises me that the players don't revolt against him. But I guess they're professionals and like Desharnais, but god damn it's so obvious.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
I liked what I saw of Petry. Will help a lot our transition game thought I fear that Therrien will tell him to stop risky passes and start icing the puck more..

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
To be fair, I haven't seen a single post of yours that addresses the "pro-Desharnais" section in anything beyond general terms; you're coming off as pretty partisan, IMO.

Well people generally tend to flip flop between bashing Eller in one GDT and DD in the next (myself included). If DD was the chosen one today, I'd be making the same case about him.

I think the most I said about Desharnais was a reply to you (IIRC) in the first GDT basically saying that people who defend Eller generally argue right away that DD is worse than him and DD sucking doesn't make Eller not suck, it just makes them both bad. I think that was honest enough in regards to DD, yes he is very invisible in this game but he's not sticking out like a sore thumb (like Eller). In the end, they both suck (as does the entire team tbh).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
as much as i dont want to **** on DSP so early but..

i CANT BELIEVE we traded sekac..i just simply ...cannot believe it...

personaly

i think theres a very BIG reason why michel couldnt win the cup in pittsburgh, and they IMMEDIATELY won it when he left... my god....

Gotta admit I'm feeling pretty much the same. But really, it's just three games, one week... not nearly enough time. Remember last year when it took Vanek two weeks to start producing? Suggest we chill out and think of it as preseason for the playoffs.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
This goalie Stalock is swimming in his net. He dives a lot like Mike Smith, Ben Bishop, Craig Andreson and Tim Thomas.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Dear Michel. I want to see some EGG line. Just let me see it for the 3rd period please. If you can't do that at least split up Pleks and Galchenyuk FFS. They look awful together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad