GDT: Mtl v. SJ: II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If he gets benched it will remind me of the Briere signing. Couldn't figure that out at all. We sign him and MT refuses to play him. That's fine btw, it was a bad signing. But just surprised to see MT bench a guy they just signed.

Same thing here only this time it cost us a really good prospect.

People wonder why I'm always talking about MT.... this is a good example. We just took a step back because our coach doesn't understand or appreciate skilled players. He has no idea what to do with them. Sekac looked like a big step forward for this team. We found a top six young player out of thin air. And now he's gone...

Like I said, I'll wait and see... but it really doesn't look good right now and I hate that we lost Sekac.

:laugh:

We both know it takes way more time to evaluate a trade with two 22-year-olds, but I'll admit that right now I'm having serious buyer's remorse. We really better hope DSP has the character Bergevin covets, or else the pressure might start to make it worse for him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Glad to see I'm not the only one unimpressed with DSP

its more then just the underhwlemence of DSP tho...

its all of us combining into a single positive opinion...that Sekac was a breath of fresh ****ing air, a godsend almost, someone who looked REALLY good out there even if he wasnt scoring..

he was the TALK of the offseason AND training camp...

and hes evaporated into thin air, replaced by someone who looks the complete opposite of him out there ...its just

its a gut wrenching feeling, knowing we had someone like sekac, and that hes gone because of another thing we as fans have almost all united in opinion on : that therriens a ****ing moron ..

now sekacs gone and thats that.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Worst game I have seen all year, what an ugly piece of **** to watch.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Habs read their press clippings and it went to their heads. they weren't prepared to compete and our smaller centers are getting run over. DSP hasn't looked bad but I think as Hrudey said on HNIC, he's out of shape. Might consider playing at a lesser weight to improve his foot speed. He's only 22

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure this is what we've seen tonight so far:

Eller Plek Galch
Galch Plek Weise
Galch Plek PAP
Prust DLR DSP
Eller DLR DSP
Eller DLR Weise
PAP MM Weise
Prust MM DSP
Prust MM Weise

So yeah, expect a few more.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A bunch of monkeys on HFHabs have previously said that Galchenyuk is worth as much as Ryan Johansen. And also that Hall and Galchenyuk have equal value.

It's as if they only see what they want to see with this kid. He's good, he's our best young player, but he's not tearing the world apart and if he was a 1st overall pick he'd be rather disappointing.
That's Therrien's fault more than Galchenyuk's though. I've been very happy with the way Chuck's played. But he's in a stupid system, on the wing, 2nd line behind a freaking midget.... He should be much more productive than he is and when MT is finally shown the gate I expect him to blossom. Actually I expect him to blossom regardless, it's just taking longer than it should.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
True. Confidence is key. But when you are acquired by a team, if there's something you can't lack is confidence. You want to show that new team that they did the right choice. Somehow, right now, it's really as if DSP just can't. Doesn't seem lazy, do work his butt off. But he's just not reading the play right now.

Well he did said in his 1st interview that the neutral zone defendin completely differs from Anaheim. In Anaheim you were in the same place all the time where in Montreal you react to situation. So its adjustin.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
16.gif\

kovaless

Feb 21, 2008
Can our guys please try and accept a pass and face forward. Keep getting passes with our backs turned.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Big fan of your posts you nailed it. Sekac was a fantastic possession guy that on some nights was the only guy winning the battles in the corners and along the boards. To give up on him after 50 games played was just premature. MB rarely makes a bad trade but this one was awful.

it was just an aweful feeling to hear Sekac had been traded, especialy because of a coach who didnt know how to use him,...gut wrenching

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That's Therrien's fault more than Galchenyuk's though. I've been very happy with the way Chuck's played. But he's in a stupid system, on the wing, 2nd line behind a freaking midget.... He should be much more productive than he is and when MT is finally shown the gate I expect him to blossom. Actually I expect him to blossom regardless, it's just taking longer than it should.
I know.

I know, I know, I know.

But we're going to the dance with the girl that brought us, and that's Therrien. So our players better perform under Therrien and force his hand. If Galchenyuk is as good as these naive Habs fans want to think, then he'd be forcing Therrien's hand. HE HASN'T.

We don't have a complicated system - it's literally a basic chip-and-chase. He's a young player and he's getting better - but he's not Taylor Hall. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad