Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Trade is good for Montreal in the short term. But in the long run, Subban is younger and Nashville will win the trade.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Honestly I don't know why habs fans are upset... they get a better defenseman and shed that awful cap hit AND get rid of the most overrated player in the league. The guy played dirty and constantly embellished and was an embarrasment. I would take weber over Subban 10 out of 10 times. The locker room is about to get a lot stronger too.

Nashville fans now.have a locker room with ryjo and Subban. I honestly feel bad for them.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
You won't see many Habs fan defending the trade. Bergevin is a ****ing idiot. I'm done until he and Therrien are gone. Peace.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Feels great to finally be able to openly cheer for Subban again. Love what Bergevin is doing to the habs aswell some real great decision making. First Shaw now trading away Subban. Can't wait to see what kind of contract he gives Backes with the extra cap space.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
The reason he was traded was because they didn't feel he was a team player and more of a distraction in and out of the locker room. They didn't feel like he was a "fit" on the team going forward & didn't bring the kind of leadership a 9 million dollar star player should bring. They feel Weber can be more of a fit in that sense. Plus he scores more goals on the PP than Subban and is sounder defensively.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
You won't see many Habs fan defending the trade. Bergevin is a ****ing idiot. I'm done until he and Therrien are gone. Peace.

dont be so overdramatic. reality is shaw and webber are a better team then having subban. its about balance. habs were brutal defensively.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Both got great Dmen but I still think Nashville won this trade.

Nashville impresses the hell out of me with their roster: Neal, Forsberg, Johanson, Josi, Rinne, etc

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Feels great to finally be able to openly cheer for Subban again. Love what Bergevin is doing to the habs aswell some real great decision making. First Shaw now trading away Subban. Can't wait to see what kind of contract he gives Backes with the extra cap space.

I always love a salty laffs fan looking for retribution.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he getting paid ~$7.9m/year until he's 41? Yikes.. Considering his drop off in ability in the past two years, that is a scary contract.

Contract is quite frontloaded. This will be a contract to send out to teams needing to hit the cap floor without the actual $$$ going out.

Starting at the 18-19 season, his contract will cost 1.8M$ less than his cap.
His last 4 years, he will cost 4.8M$, 6.8M$, 6.8M$, 6.8M$ less than his cap.

If MB can offload this to a floor cap team, he's golden.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Well one of the good thing about this trade is that Weber will be long retired before the Leafs amount to anything worth speaking off.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Contract is quite frontloaded. This will be a contract to send out to teams needing to hit the cap floor without the actual $$$ going out.

Starting at the 18-19 season, his contract will cost 1.8M$ less than his cap.
His last 4 years, he will cost 4.8M$, 6.8M$, 6.8M$, 6.8M$ less than his cap.

If MB can offload this to a floor cap team, he's golden.

So does his cap hit remain the same throughout the duration of the contract? Is it just the real dollars that decrease?

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Habs fan. Like the trade. Subban OK but was never fully satisfied. Like Weber. Think Habs moving in right direction. Subban needs to put it all together to get to next level. He still has time but not in Montreal.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Honestly I don't know why habs fans are upset... they get a better defenseman and shed that awful cap hit AND get rid of the most overrated player in the league. The guy played dirty and constantly embellished and was an embarrasment. I would take weber over Subban 10 out of 10 times. The locker room is about to get a lot stronger too.

Nashville fans now.have a locker room with ryjo and Subban. I honestly feel bad for them.

And I'd take Subban 10 out of 10 times over Weber. I feel like the majority people would, as Weber has fallen off the rails a bit in recent years.

And seriously, how is Subban a 'locker room cancer' like you are suggesting? The guy has a personality sure, but he's all about passion for the game. He's not afraid to voice his opinion and that isn't a problem. Even as a Leafs fan I envy Subban, especially his off ice stuff, which I suggest you research. The guy donated $10m to a Montreal hospital.. Cancerous?

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
And I'd take Subban 10 out of 10 times over Weber. I feel like the majority people would, as Weber has fallen off the rails a bit in recent years.

And seriously, how is Subban a 'locker room cancer' like you are suggesting? The guy has a personality sure, but he's all about passion for the game. He's not afraid to voice his opinion and that isn't a problem. Even as a Leafs fan I envy Subban, especially his off ice stuff, which I suggest you research. The guy donated $10m to a Montreal hospital.. Cancerous?

Subban seems like one of the best guys in the world when he's not on the ice.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
As a Senators fan who watches 40+ games of the Habs as a 2nd team, I dislike their fans but like the team. I just don't understand.

Shea Weber isn't garbage, he's a sick dman, but he's something you trade for if you're looking for a cup. Does MTL really believe they are near a cup with this forward group?

This, trading Eller for 2x 2nds (good deal) just to flip em' right after for Shaw and pay him 4M$ for 6 years, I don't get it Bergevin. Best of luck to Weber, I wish him success but man Subban was ran out of town and this pisses me off while we/they keep ****ing boring Pacioretty Plekanec who's a no show most of the time when it matters.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
So does his cap hit remain the same throughout the duration of the contract? Is it just the real dollars that decrease?

Cap hit always remains the same it's just the real dollars that change. Cap hit is the average of the entire contract.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Subban seems like one of the best guys in the world when he's not on the ice.

Seriously. Too many people mix up personality and toxicity. Like hell, if I'm a coach/player/gm I want a guy like Subban to be holding his teamates accountable for their play. He holds himself accountable, so I have no clue why, as the best player on his team, he isn't aloud to do the same without being scrutinized? It's ********.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Donating money is a tax bennifet . A lot of rich people do it. Look at what the Sedins do in vancouver. Hell tons of athletes donate major money to charities like that. It brings them good will and a positive image that leads to endorsements and more money in future deals. Sadly it's marketing. Look at the players that donate that money but do it anonymously or do it but ask that they do not report about it or say anything because they did it to help and not publicity. I saw a video recently about this that today charity is the best marketing a company can get these days.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
As a Senators fan who watches 40+ games of the Habs as a 2nd team, I dislike their fans but like the team. I just don't understand.

Shea Weber isn't garbage, he's a sick dman, but he's something you trade for if you're looking for a cup. Does MTL really believe they are near a cup with this forward group?

This, trading Eller for 2x 2nds (good deal) just to flip em' right after for Shaw and pay him 4M$ for 6 years, I don't get it Bergevin. Best of luck to Weber, I wish him success but man Subban was ran out of town and this pisses me off while we/they keep ****ing boring Pacioretty Plekanec who's a no show most of the time when it matters.

With Pacioretty 27, Price 29, of course we're looking for a cup.

It doesn't mean that BargainBin will actually make the moves necessary to get forward talent, but it's certainly what we should be going for regardless if it's Subban or Weber in the mix.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Seriously. Too many people mix up personality and toxicity. Like hell, if I'm a coach/player/gm I want a guy like Subban to be holding his teamates accountable for their play. He holds himself accountable, so I have no clue why, as the best player on his team, he isn't aloud to do the same without being scrutinized? It's ********.
we aren't in the locker room he didn't sound suprised he got traded someone obviously didn't like him be it players or management

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He wasn't the best player... he was 3 behind patches and price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad