Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
many many hab fans - majority in fact, hate this trade from a public service standpoint...

hockey-wise it's a bit of a downgrade IF Bargainbin doesn't address top 6 to mitigate PK's loss
AND
if our young D like Juulsen / Sergachev don't pan out within three years...

I'm trying hard to believe our GM will bring in Fowler and a forward with 9+ mill in cap space
before buyouts

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
a978f300964c5510_tumblr_inline_o9et7mySuK1u24h73_500.gif

:laugh: Too funny and probably what many Hab fans wish Bergevin would do.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So when Nashville wants to move Subban who's taking bets the only two teams Subban gives are Toronto and Boston?

Come play with Malcolm and against Montreal PK...

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
I'm amazed Montreal was able to keep this in house.

And seriously, it was obvious from my couch. So it's even harder to understand how even the majority of the medias never saw it.
Just watching the games, the behaviors, the comments, the reactions, and we even had ch24, christ we almost knew their underwears color.

I just don't understand. It was just obvious.

PK has pushed himself out of this team by his own. Can't count the number of times I laugh listening his comments and watching him behave. The epic moment was when he putted the fault on his skate, in front of everyone at the bench, when he fell on the ice allowing a costly turnover. I couldn't believe it.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Makes more sense value-wise, I guess.

Fair point.

I believe they call that "savage".

Sens fans showing their usual level of maturity and class in this here thread.

How many classless Subbans would you give us?

Or maybe you can just address the posters individually instead of taking a potshot at the entire fanbase?:help:

Didn't Bergevin just say PK was going to be a Hab for a long time ? :/

Kiss of death strikes again.

Of course it's true.
And honestly I have hard time to believe that about no one even talk about that, even in Montreal, no one seems to see what was so obvious. Everyone outside the other players thinks Subban is perfect.

You don't trade PK Subban if there's not a major problem with him. When your most paid player doesn't have the respect of his teammates, it tells everything and you are going nowhere as a team.

Get prepared Nashville, Subban is the ultimate communicator, everyone outside the room will love him. But his teammates will find out who he is very quickly, if they don't already know a little.

It's not by accident that his teammates didn't vote him for the Clancy when it was obvious that he deserved it. Not by accident that team Canada who doesn't want him either. It's not about only being 'flamboyant', it's a lot more than that, the addition of so many wrong little things.

I only hope he'll wake up. It's ok to be confident, but this guy could benefit so much of just a little bit of humility. If he wants the respect of his teammates he'll have to learn how to really respect them first.

Dat username doe.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Fair point.

I believe they call that "savage".

How many classless Subbans would you give us?

Or maybe you can just address the posters individually instead of taking a potshot at the entire fanbase?:help:

Kiss of death strikes again.

Dat username doe.

Yeah, birthdate, not for PK haha

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They should have just traded Subban for Hall straight up. Both teams would be better off rather than make the super terrible trades they made..

Trading Subban for Hall straight-up would help on offense, but create a huge hole on D. Trading Subban for a guy who can take his exact spot is a lot smarter.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Nashville is going to be a hell of a team. What is up with the Habs GM's? Just terrible for them. Is Weber protected for the expansion draft? just terrible management.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Teams receiving a “cap advantage†from long-term contracts — defined as seven years or more for contracts signed prior to the January 2013 CBA — will be penalized in the event the player retires or “defects†from the NHL before the contract expires. A team receives a “cap advantage†when the player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year.
Following retirement/defection, the “advantage†will be “recaptured†and charged against the club’s cap in equal amounts each year until the contract expires. This penalty applies to any team that received a cap advantage from the contract — ie. a traded contract — except in the event that the trade occurred prior to the new CBA coming into place in January 2013.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nashville is going to be a hell of a team. What is up with the Habs GM's? Just terrible for them. Is Weber protected for the expansion draft? just terrible management.

They aren't forced to protect him. He doesn't have a NMC (or a NTC) so Habs aren't forced to protect him if they choose so.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Teams receiving a “cap advantage†from long-term contracts — defined as seven years or more for contracts signed prior to the January 2013 CBA — will be penalized in the event the player retires or “defects†from the NHL before the contract expires. A team receives a “cap advantage†when the player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year.
Following retirement/defection, the “advantage†will be “recaptured†and charged against the club’s cap in equal amounts each year until the contract expires. This penalty applies to any team that received a cap advantage from the contract — ie. a traded contract — except in the event that the trade occurred prior to the new CBA coming into place in January 2013.

All of this is on Nashville. Bergevin confirmed it in his press conference.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Trading Subban for Hall straight-up would help on offense, but create a huge hole on D. Trading Subban for a guy who can take his exact spot is a lot smarter.

Yea, it's smarter. But it doesn't make it smart.

Weber will obviously be protected be the Habs even if he didn't have to be.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Last edited:

ultraboy

Jul 7, 2006
Love the trade as a Habs fan, Weber is a stud..
Funny when PK was with Habs he was most overrated D in the NHL, now that he is not on the Habs anymore he is top 3 d somehow and better than Weber ahah.
Also PK is 6-6.5 m defenceman overpaid at 9 for what he brings on the ice while Weber at 8 is ok.
Don't care about age and length cause he will still be good for the next 5 years which is the window for the Habs to win the cup with Price..

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
They aren't forced to protect him. He doesn't have a NMC (or a NTC) so Habs aren't forced to protect him if they choose so.

Losing Weber to Vegas would be the pinnacle of idiocy from a bunch of ****ing conservatives clowns.

Don't get me wrong, I like Weber, he's still a beast. But almost 31.

You trade a special guy like PK, you go for the homerun. You go get Hall and the 4th overall, or Draisaitl+4th+Nurse or Klefbom. I don't care how, you make Chia do it, you do it, or you keep the guy.

I'm not really mad about this trade ; I just can't believe the future these clueless morons are building in Montreal.

The way people are drived by emotions, powerful ones, on a subject of such little importance is a good proof, if any, of why the world is going to ****. That's an other debate, for sure.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
i love montreal and think it's the best city in canada and i want them to well and i hate this trade. a franchise destroying trade if i ever saw one.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Second Canadian team to get killed in a trade today...this one will hurt them more in a couple of years. I really like Weber, but for Subban? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad