Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Preds will regret this trade I think.

Not because PK is a bad player, but because he is unmanageable and bigger than his team.

Nashville is going to regret this trade unless Shea decides to play until he's 41 years old. Those cap recaptures are ugly.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
I am laughing my ass off at people who are saying 27-30 isn't a big difference. Brehs, 3 years in hockey IS A LONG TIME. And disregard 3 more years of "prime", but when the decline happens, is really when it will be felt. And I am not dragging Weber through the mud because he is NOT on the decline yet (again LOL @ some posts), but boy it will happen.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Just sit on this thought for a moment.

In the same draft year in the first two rounds the Canadiens picked.

1. Max Pac.
2. Ryan McDo
3. PK.

only Patches is left....

As a habs fan.... worst trades in history

1. Patrick Roy
2. John LeClair
3. PK Subban
4. Chris Chelios

I am beyond hope for this once great franchise that i've bled for since 1975.

I didn't watch the team for the last 10 games of the season and am seriously considering what to do..... #31 you maybe my last hope.:help::help::help:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Preds will regret this trade I think.

Not because PK is a bad player, but because he is unmanageable and bigger than his team.

he should fit right in with Ribeiro and johansson who both have a history of the same....

mtrl overpayed, should have got roman Josi straight up instead...

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Hey sorry if this was posted already. Tony Marinaro said some interesting things on the radio about PK. If true, it seems he was a cancer and major distraction in the dressing room and the habs covered up the incidents to avoid harming his trade value?

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/marinaro-habs-fans-livid-over-subban-trade-1.518004

Of course it's true.
And honestly I have hard time to believe that about no one even talk about that, even in Montreal, no one seems to see what was so obvious. Everyone outside the other players thinks Subban is perfect.

You don't trade PK Subban if there's not a major problem with him. When your most paid player doesn't have the respect of his teammates, it tells everything and you are going nowhere as a team.

Get prepared Nashville, Subban is the ultimate communicator, everyone outside the room will love him. But his teammates will find out who he is very quickly, if they don't already know a little.

It's not by accident that his teammates didn't vote him for the Clancy when it was obvious that he deserved it. Not by accident that team Canada who doesn't want him either. It's not about only being 'flamboyant', it's a lot more than that, the addition of so many wrong little things.

I only hope he'll wake up. It's ok to be confident, but this guy could benefit so much of just a little bit of humility. If he wants the respect of his teammates he'll have to learn how to really respect them first.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The current CBA ends in 2022, when Weber will be 36 and unlikely to have retired yet. In the next CBA, they can, if they want to, completely re-write the rules that govern recapture penalties. I imagine that they will specifically because of the situation that Nashville could be in with the $24.5M recapture penalty. What I imagine that they'll do is keep the penalty, but change how it's spread out. For example, Nashville accrued that $24.5M cap advantage over 4 years, so they should at least get to spread it out over that. So, if Weber retires at 39, instead of being hit with a 1-year, $24.5M penalty, they'll be hit with $6.125M per year for 4 years. That's far more fair and how they should've structured the penalty in the first place. I think that they'll realize that and change the rule to something like that before the penalty has a chance to happen.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Of course it's true.
And honestly I have hard time to believe that about no one even talk about that, even in Montreal, no one seems to see what was so obvious. Everyone outside the other players thinks Subban is perfect.

You don't trade PK Subban if there's not a major problem with him. When your most paid player doesn't have the respect of his teammates, it tells everything and you are going nowhere as a team.

Get prepared Nashville, Subban is the ultimate communicator, everyone outside the room will love him. But his teammates will find out who he is very quickly, if they don't already know a little.

It's not by accident that his teammates didn't vote him for the Clancy when it was obvious that he deserved it. Not by accident that team Canada who doesn't want him either. It's not about only being 'flamboyant', it's a lot more than that, the addition of so many wrong little things.

I only hope he'll wake up. It's ok to be confident, but this guy could benefit so much of just a little bit of humility. If he wants the respect of his teammates he'll have to learn how to really respect them first.

Maybe it's just jealousy...they're resentful that he's popular and a star.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Of course it's true.

Can't agree more well said

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
It's worth noting that Weber is possibly the only Non-ELC/RFA elite players without a NTC or NMC. He will be far easier to move.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

If true... what a buffoon Bergevin is.

you're kidding yourself if you thought MB was going to trade a Norris winner for 3 kids who just started shaving

It's a 'hockey trade'. And if you're making a hockey trade with Price in his absolute best years you have to get back a true #1D.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
what I find really funny is, when for the last month or so every time hab fans offered a trade for Subban, a huge amount of posters offered a bag of pucks stating he is overrated, not great on defence, makes bad choices on the ice, way way overpaid, not a top ten d-man, did not deserve the Norris at all. NOW the same posters are all going nuts how the Preds STOLE Subban, that their team could have made a ton of better offers, and NOW Subban is one the very best d-men in the NHL.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Nashville is going to regret this trade unless Shea decides to play until he's 41 years old. Those cap recaptures are ugly.

Especially if he retires with just 1 season left---the cap recapture is over $24 million (assume not suffering a career-ending injury that has him on LTIR).

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

It doesn't matter what team he retired on. They'd get a penalty either way.

Depending on the real dollars remaining, Montreal may be exposing themselves to cap recapture by acquiring Weber.

But I don't think so because Philly structured it so it was super front heavy.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
what I find really funny is, when for the last month or so every time hab fans offered a trade for Subban, a huge amount of posters offered a bag of pucks stating he is overrated, not great on defence, makes bad choices on the ice, way way overpaid, not a top ten d-man, did not deserve the Norris at all. NOW the same posters are all going nuts how the Preds STOLE Subban, that their team could have made a ton of better offers, and NOW Subban is one the very best d-men in the NHL.

Not really. There's a handful of vocal posters on both sides that either extremely over or undervalue Subban.

I think any unbias poster leaving allegiances aside can say Subban is top 10.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Of course it's true.

I'm amazed Montreal was able to keep this in house.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
CmJyiz9VAAEspiy.jpg:small

:O

It doesn't matter what team he retired on. They'd get a penalty either way.

Depending on the real dollars remaining, Montreal may be exposing themselves to cap recapture by acquiring Weber.

But I don't think so because Philly structured it so it was super front heavy.

No cap recapture by acquiring Weber by the Habs unless he retires with in the next 3 yrs and wow look at that amount.:laugh:

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I prefer Weber to Subban in the short term. Long term it will look good for Nashville. Montreal is a better team this coming year IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad