Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
When Bergevin decided to remove all doubt that he's a complete incompetent, I wished he had picked something that wasn't going to cripple the franchise even for his successor.

The contracts alone would make this a bad deal even if Weber was better than Subban. Which he is not and it's not particulrly close.

The contract as it stands in length is worst but if Weber decides to retire in 5 yrs this would than make Webers contract better for the Habs. Only time will tell for sure how it will work out.
I'm one that believes that Weber will retire before the age of 41 which would make this trade a disaster for the Preds.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
It's so pathetic when teams try to throw players they just traded under the bus. Everyone gets called a "cancer" once they're traded, i doubt its true even half the time.

Subban is very lucky to move on to a better team and less hostile city/media.

it's not the team throwing him under the bus, it's a radio host repeating what he's been saying for months.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
I feel so bad for Weber. Life was going good on a young and upcoming team and now he goes to hell where everything he does will be scrutinized

Weber ****ed his team with that offer sheet and that is why he doesn't have an NMC right now. I really don't feel sorry for him at all.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Weber ****ed his team with that offer sheet and that is why he doesn't have an NMC right now. I really don't feel sorry for him at all.

And Weber still has the last word. He's not even on the Preds and can still **** them if he feels like it by retiring before his contract is up.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Preds will regret this trade I think.

Not because PK is a bad player, but because he is unmanageable and bigger than his team.

All that philanthropic work will really sour his teammates on him. NHL is all about the old guard...If PK just **** and was a "yes boss" type of guy, he'd be loved. But the guy wants to be more than just a hockey player and that rubs people the wrong way. Good for him. There will always be a giant elephant that follows him around.

NoComments

Feb 27, 2015

Thing is, he will **** Nashville over when he retires early. I'm betting he'll retire even earlier lol.

Plekanov

Jan 30, 2007
Calling a 31y/o vet a diamond in the rough? What the actual eff.

So sick of the MB/MT era already

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
When a playoff beast like Jonathan Toews say '' Hey Webs good luck in Montreal thanks for leaving our division! '' it says pretty much all about Shea Weber.

IMO its a very good hockey trade by both team but it's a very bad business trade by Montreal because you trade a showman a guy who is a nba type of player and who sells tickets for a Zdeno Chara 2.0 who is not spectacular....

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hate this trade for the Habs. I'm truly sorry, Habs fans... This would be a prototypical Benning like trade except the Canucks' first would be on top of it. I don't even know why this trade happened... It makes no sense for the Habs...

Physicality? Subban is damn physical...

Offensive ability? Subban is clearly better.

Defensive ability? Subban is no slouch, even if Weber is a little bit better.

Character? Subban 100%.

Age? Obviously Subban.

Really don't understand this.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
When a playoff beast like Jonathan Toews say '' Hey Webs good luck in Montreal thanks for leaving our division! '' it says pretty much all about Shea Weber.

IMO its a very good hockey trade by both team but it's a very bad business trade by Montreal because you trade a showman a guy who is a nba type of player and who sells tickets for a Zdeno Chara 2.0 who is not spectacular....

Does Montreal have trouble selling tickets?

Does Montreal need a circus clown or someone who is very highly skilled AND a leader?
No surprise Montreal added a guy like Shaw and now Weber. It's very good work by their GM.
both those guys now on the roster tells you what management feels was wrong with the team last season.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Perhaps someone can correct me on this, but wouldn't the recapture penalty come back almost all on Nashville should Weber retire early? Only 2 more years left were the cap hit is lower than the actual salary. He played 4 years in Nashville where the cap hit was WAY lower than the actual salary. Weber only makes $1mill in each of the last 3 years, so it seems pretty likely he'll retire early.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad